[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This girl moved away yesterday about and we will be about three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 112.png (11 KB, 251x193) Image search: [Google]
112.png
11 KB, 251x193
This girl moved away yesterday about and we will be about three days drive apart, 15 hours when I go back to school in a couple months. I told her that we should break it off because long distance relationships don't work (Right after this message). This morning I got a wall of text from her telling me we can make it work and that long distance relationships can actually be better because of knowing the person on the inside or something. Her friend is also messaging me telling me I'm a horrible person for coming to stay with her for a couple days before she was leaving when I was just going to break it off when she left. I guess I did fuck up, I was just trying to push it to the back of my mind and just spend time with her. I haven't responded to the message even though she knows I saw it a few hours ago.

>Dubs decides what do

Just kidding I need actual advice though
>>
>>16907896
Ignore her

or feed her some bullshit about how "if it's meant to be, our paths will cross in the future"

Just tell her that although you would still love to have her as a great friend, you don't want to be romantically involved over a long distance.

If she tries to object make up some story about how you had a really bad LDR relationship and resolved never to do one again.

Rejecting people isn't easy op, but sometimes you just gotta be tough. A relationship is a two person thing. If you're not in to it, no amount of whining and begging on her part can fix It
>>
>>16907896
Don't lie to her OP, if you truly aren't interested in her, if you don't like her, then yeah just break it off. If you too are someone who wants to make this work, then make it work, don't give up on her, you'll regret it.
>>
What advice? You already figured out LD will only make you miserable.
>>
>>16907896
I was in a long-distance relationship with a girl for over two years due to uni, and am now happily married to her. LDRs get a really bad reputation, but if both parties are committed to it, they really work just fine.

If you love this girl, give it a try - worst case is you end up breaking up with her anyway. If she was really just a fling or your not interested in committing to the effort of an LDR, tell her that you're sorry but you aren't looking for someone long-term right now.

Definitely don't just leave her hanging though.
>>
Give it a shot if you're actually interested in her, not all LDRs end up not working out. At worst, you'll still break up with her
>>
>>16907994
She was definitely getting dicked down behind your back bro. Sorry
>>
>>16907896
>long distance relationships don't work

They can work, they're just more work than normal relationships. I've been in one for 4 out of my 5 year relationship
>>
For every LDR story that's worked out there's 10 that haven't.
>>
>>16908064
That's if you count the ones that never really get started because one or both parties are so irrationally afraid of the concept that they just break up rather than attempting to make it work.
>>
The problem is I already told her this and she is begging to make it work, saying she will drive to see me and stuff and how much she wants to be with me
>>
>>16908113
Listen to this anon >>16907916
>A relationship is a two person thing. If you're not in to it, no amount of whining and begging on her part can fix It

First you need to know what YOU actually want. If you don't want a LDR then you've already received some solid advice here.
>>
File: 113.png (18 KB, 255x306) Image search: [Google]
113.png
18 KB, 255x306
Well it was pretty hard but I did it and I feel horrible
>>
>>16908385
Ya blew it
>>
>>16908385
>the darkest timeline
>>
>>16907994

Personally I think LDR is fine if there is serious history/love between the couple before it and it is just an obstacle with a fairly clearish timeframe. But not in OP's case
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.