[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help meee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Okay so I'm 19, and in community college. I've only had one girlfriend ever, we did sexual stuff (oral and stuff like that) but never sex, so I'm still a virgin. Anyways I really need to learn how to talk to girls better. I'm not a fuckboy, and I hate hitting on girls, it just comes across so desperate, but at the same time I'm literally the worst at approaching girls. I usually stay away because I'm afraid that they'll think I'm a creep (I'm pretty overweight, around 230lb) and its pretty hard for me to be social. I've honestly gotten better at talking to people since High School, and can carry on normal conversation, but I honestly have no idea how the hell I should talk to girl to get her interested. Right now I have a few situations that might give me a chance to talk to some girls. I'm meeting up with a group of people from my Comm class for my group project and there's a girl I find pretty attractive (I think at the very least she's pretty comfortable around me), I'm joining a music club and there's really cute girl that kept smiling at me and I think she might find me attractive (I'm likely wrong though), and I might tag along with a buddy of mine (as the dedicated driver) to a party (he's pretty good with talking to girls and I could probably wing man). Anyways I want to know what's the best way to approach starting a conversation with a girl, I'm honestly not looking to hook up or anything, but it would be nice to have more female friends, or maybe a good relationship in the future (that being said if a girl wanted to hook up I wouldn't object). Idk any advice?
>>
>>16874402
Don't feel the need to impress, just be relaxed and talk to a girl how you would with a guy. Sure initially you find these girls attractive, but you should just start off getting to know them as you would with guys.

But yeah, as a girl I find that when I talk to guys, we tend to have a broader range of conversation topics and it's really cool. With girls it usually circulates around social things and what they got up to with friends etc etc. Just be chill and talk to them like you would a friend. Some girls can be intimidating though if they just seem a bit pretentious or conceited, so just use your smarts and avoid those who give off those vibes haha. I avoid those girls desu just because I'd probably get bored of talking about social lives all the time hahaha

Good luck though!
>>
>>16874402
Work out and lose weight. Do an hour of cardio a day and stop eating processed food.
>>
Thanks! I really agree on the broader conversation thing, that's one of the big reason I'd really like to be better at talking to girls. I mean it sucks being single and all at times, but I really would just enjoy having a girl to talk to as friend. I've found in the past that it's a lot easier to talk about more personal stuff with a girl more so than a guy.
>>
>>16874442
You need to make better bros if you can't talk about personal things. Homosocial relationships for men far eclipse what women have with one another.

I have no chick friends because I only know one cool girl total.

And seriously, start lifting weights and doing cardio, stop drinking soft drinks. You will only keep getting fatter until you change. Better now than 50lbs from now.

Besides, you have a good face under that fat. You look like you have a jaw of steel under there.
>>
>>16874442
Yeah that is true, I think girls do tend to open up to new friends much faster than guys. But yeah I think you should just stay frank and genuine, and don't buy in to that douchey up-yourself asshole thing that quite a few guys do to get girls. You'll be more likeable and you'll attract the right kind of girl too!
>>
>>16874402
> I'm not a fuckboy
Okay, see, only feminists use words like that. If your attitude is to listen to feminists in terms of how men should behave, there's a reason you're getting nowhere with females.
>>
First of all, lose the harry potter scarf and man purse. Not to be mean, but women want males, not sissy hipsters.
Once you realize that women are on the same level as you, you can talk with them as easily as you can with your best friend. What I mean by this is that girls shit like we do, they masturbate like we do, they don't take showers on days they don't have to go out like we do, hell their vaginas even stink like our dicks do.
Were all humans, we've got a penis, they've got two lumps on their chest and two lumps on their lower back.
stop worrying about it too much, you're not in highschool, you should actually be focused on college instead.
Walk, talk, eat, sleep, shit, shave, shower, and study like a well educated average man.
There is no way to think like a man, because we're all fucked up in the head and think of random crazy shit.
Though in the end, you don't want to just go bang a bunch of random thots, you'll regret it.
I hit number 15 in the summer between highschool and college.
You realize its all the same, just awkward sweaty sex, that you could have gotten an std or a child from.
Life's fucking crazy man.
>>
>>16874453
More clearly define up-yourself.

Personally, I am far too proud to play into faking myself around girls. I would rather mock a girl to her face than get pussy when it comes to that. Chicks rarely have anything to bring to the table in terms of being interesting- least of all platonically.
>>
also, don't take selfies in the bathroom anymore, middleschool is over bro, thats a female thing.
before you feminist say shit, fuck you, its the truth.
have a good day.
>>
>>16874461
Oh just guys who think they're better than everyone else, including girls and guys. Guys who act all condescending and patronising towards anyone. There's a difference between that and having a no-bullshit attitude, but in saying that I think most girls probably won't handle bluntness too well.

I personally prefer that over sugarcoating stuff, but that's probably because I can be blunt too.
>>
>>16874456
this is right on so many levels
>>
>>16874457
Well written advice right there
>>
>>16874473
It's hard to not patronize stupid and boring though.

I get that some men are faking it though. I just hang out with guys that basically compete to see who is funniest or most clever in conversation. It is very enjoyable to yes-and one another so I have a hard time finding people who lack that level of conversational eloquence enjoyable.

I once met a hipster chick who was wearing roshes and pinrolled black jeans. She said that pinrolling was her thing. She also went on a feminist tirade and I ended up mocking her until she stopped talking to me. My buddy- who had fucked her, had nothing to say but "try to be nice".

I think chicks get away with way too much bullshit just because men want pussy and there should be more assholes like me out there willing to jack off instead of babby them for pussy.
>>
>>16874402
>get a job
Looking for it is the first step
>drop hipster accessories
bold hipster glasses, man purse, throw them away
>lose weight
just don't overdo caffeine and sugary soft drinks. If everything else failed tried to get your hands on some coconut oil.
>wing man
Not unless you're hitting on a large group of girls to get along with or trying to negotiate with streetwalking whores. If you want one girl, you go alone or split ways with your dudebro after a while. End of story. Never tag team on a single girl.
>best way to approach
Casual talk, don't be direct, talk with everyone at the party/class/club/job, shoulder to shoulder stance, eye contact, smile, try common points, popular culture then see if she wanna have a walk with you. Spent on the things you liked? Try to talk about things you hated in general. Try to change subjects to keep her interested, if all else fails mirror her stance against you. She has closed arms, you close your arms keep it that way then open up all of a sudden then close it again.
Do not talk about your exes, if she wants to talk about her exes, just listen and try not to be bold. Ask her phone number when you feel it's the end.
Failed? Don't chase, try again later. Failed again? Then don't push further.
>>
>>16874494
Hahaha I totally agree with you on that one. Sometimes though the person is too far gone and you have no choice but to leave them be. Not everyone has the mental capacity to change, male or female.

I guess just use your judgement on who you want to be associated with. There are assholes and dumbasses in both genders, you just gotta sift through the bad ones.
>>
Hola
>>
>>16874402

a lot of it depends on the kind of girls you are hitting on.

people like you tend to think
>hey im not that good looking, im like a 6 (conveniently the one point above not having any looks at all)
>but becasue i have a nice personality or luck or something i think i should be able to bang people hotter than me

thats not how it works. i hate to say this OP but as you are, you are rather ugly. you could get chicks, but mostly ugly chicks. fatter chicks.

if ur okay with that, just proceed to go and talk to them. they'll latch on to you. fat and ugly chicks are desperate and will take ugly male attention cuz they want to pretend like 'OH BOYS WONT STOP CHASING ME!!11' even when their the ones who do the chasing.

trust me. im gay, but i was at a friend party and ended up having two fatties on my dick all fucking night just cuz im skinny and mildly okay looking. they werent even ugly, just fat.

so yeah. pick your standard, then adjust yourself for it. if oyu want good looking chicks, dont have stupid hair, lose weight, and maybe invest in some contacts.

also im just going to guess that your voice is funny sounding. practice talking like a normie.
>>
>>16875961
The best way to change is by emulating success imo.

Model yourself after your favorite movie stud.

But for fucks sake op, stop being a fat fuck. Get a gym membership and lift weights. Cardio 40 minutes daily. And stop drinking calories.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.