[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Californians here? Recently have been given the opportunity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: images (1).jpg (26 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
26 KB, 384x384
Any Californians here?
Recently have been given the opportunity to move to LA for business (Australian here)
Want some opinions of the place before I go there.
>>
LA is huge (as in hours end-to-end using motorized transportation), with all the variation you'd expect from such an expansive developed area. There are even slight differences in weather depending on the region of LA you're talking about. Some neighborhoods are grungy and industrial, others feel like a typical wealthy suburbia. Traffic is horrid along the major roadways and housing prices are ludicrous as two fairly universal qualities. Everything else is up for grabs. However that variety itself is a valuable takeaway lesson. If you can afford it, there's a niche to be found for most everyone.
>>
Califag here

Pros:
-You're a drive away from the beach, the mountains, the desert, Vegas, etc, you're close to everything
-Lots of things to do
-If you have money, you will never be bored

Cons:
-You'd better have a lot of money, because it's expensive as all fuck here
-People here tend to be duplicitous and fake
-The traffic...oh gods, the traffic...
>>
>>16858319

I don't live there, but I often travel there for work and fun as a Las Vegan.

There's a ton to do there, and the weather is more or less always incredible. There's gorgeous women, sports if you want them, beaches, and like mentioned, a quick drive to most major activities like skiing, or Vegas, or whatever activity you're into.

But yeah, the biggest issue is the cost of living there, and the shitty traffic. Driving is a chore out there, and movement at the wrong time of day can push a 20 minute drive to an hour or more.

Those are the big ones to me.
>>
>>16858319
Fairly new Californian here (1 year). LA is a weird city... there's no real downtown with huge skyscrapers like NYC or even Chicago, but it's just "city" for miles and miles. It's sometimes called the "inland empire". This of course makes for horrid traffic. Personally I dislike the feeling of the city, but some people like it.

I'm in the Bay Area, so not sure how relevant most of my experience of California is to LA. It's all tech bullshit here.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.