[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I'm a lower class (digital artist) who makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 697x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 697x700
Hey guys.

I'm a lower class (digital artist) who makes a couple hundred dollars every now and then

While my girlfriend is a dentist and makes thousands of dollars.

The problem is, she's always going out of her way to treat me, to lend me money (even if I struggle returning it) and taking me places

I'm plagued with guilt, negativity and sometimes it can really get to me, where I become annoyed.

Is someone who gives too much a bad thing? Why does this bother me so much?

Do I place more value on money than she does for having less?

Any ideas? Thanks guys...
>>
>>16855838
Stop accepting money. If you can't make ends meet, you hav to get a job. I know art is probably important to you, but unless some breakthrough happens, you need to keep it a hobby, just praying you make it big.
>>
>>16855868
I do well enough to support myself, as we do not live together.

I've already stopped accepting money.
>>
>>16855838
It sounds like you're feeling emasculated, and that's fine. Just stop accepting gifts. But you have to realize that you're thinking about this way too much. She has money, and she loves the shit out of you, so she does what she can to help you out. It makes her happy to do things for you. That's part of the give and take of being in a long-term relationship. One party will always give or take more than the other.

When my guy and I first moved in together, I was unable to work due to some issues I was going through. He completely took care of me for a few years, and although I wasn't happy with it, it made me want to better myself. Now I can support the both of us if he can't work for whatever reason.
>>
>>16855897
I'm not really feeling emasculated though, I inow where you're coming from - and I'm not really in a place that NEEDS it; I just have less.

I'm just trying to understand why being offered and given things practically daily is so bothersome?

I understand showing affection and stuff; but it's really gotten to me.
>>
>>16855877
Then you should be good. I didn't mean to insult you by the way. I was just trying to be realistic if you had trouble taking care of yourself.
Your problem is a real one though, I would try to speak up to her about it. Communication is good.
>>
>>16855909

Because it goes back to feeling of inadequacy. You think that you need to be in the typical provider caregiver protector role men are usually in, but your girlfriend has cash so she's able to fill some of those roles naturally.

Just let her know you really appreciate everything she's done for you. She's not trying to humiliate you, and getting angry over it is only going to put even more strain on the relationship. Make it clear that you care, that you're grateful to have someone kind and considerate in your life. Not all of us have that luxury.
>>
fuck money and materialism as long as you still love and hold the same passion you have for art you should be good. im sick of these society bullshit labels we all have for boy friends and girls friends.
>>
File: LdlQsT6.jpg (37 KB, 750x702) Image search: [Google]
LdlQsT6.jpg
37 KB, 750x702
Eh, i do this all the time with my friends even though I don't make as good money as your girlfriend. I'm not saying I'm blowing it but money comes and goes. What matters by the end of the day and at the end of your life is how much enjoyment and whatnot you've had. If you know you can't pay back then say so. She'll either just give it to you or not. If you really feel like that your career is not going to take off then turning it into a second job may be an option. With the first job being one that can provide a steady amount of money that you are sure of getting. Sure, you may not have as much time for your art if you'd be at as you are now but time can be found. Just make sure to plan accordingly and manage the time in the day, I'll think you'll do great.
>>
>>16855838
make more money, duh. You have a skill so train your hussle muscle, pussy. Use that money she gives you and invest. I honestly hate faggots like you that complain about being in a good situation like you. Ever experienced poverty? I think not.
>>
File: 1456463036603.jpg (73 KB, 1399x1400) Image search: [Google]
1456463036603.jpg
73 KB, 1399x1400
Are you the same person who posted with pic related? Who is the artist / is this your work?
>>
File: 1412033389138.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1412033389138.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>16856692
>"L'Occhio Occidentale, 2013, oil on copper, 39 x 39 inch. This painting was exhibited at "Die Verwindung" at Galleria Emilio Mazzoli in Modena in January 2013"
>>
>>16855838
Is that your art btw?
>>
>>16856740
No, it is not. It is artwork from an well-known artist called Nicola Samori.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.