[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At the community college I go to I started a female gamer club
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5
File: splatoon-tall-1.0.png (826 KB, 900x1107) Image search: [Google]
splatoon-tall-1.0.png
826 KB, 900x1107
At the community college I go to I started a female gamer club that splintered off of the male dominated one, and though some of the members of the other gaming club joined ours, we are still lacking in membership and can't figure out why. A lot of the women in the old gamer club stayed with that one and for some reason, while our club is stagnate the other's is growing. We have actually lost a new member to the other club, a transgender woman who is an Avid Doom and Quake player jumped ship.

What should we do to gain more of a membership?
>>
>>16854860
That's a shitty subject to justify two separate clubs. Instead of leaving for it being male dominated, you should have recruited more women.
>>
>>16854860
I'm not an grill so I don't know for certain, but I'd guess the majority of people want to be "gamers", rather than having to segregate themselves by gender. A lot of people are going to think that your group is more concerned with the fact that they're female than they are with actually playing games. Also, there's no way in hell I'd ever join a "men only" gaming club, a "heterosexuals only" gaming club, or a "whites only" gaming club because it'd make me look like an extremist whackjob, and a girls gaming club falls in to that same bracket.
>>
>>16854947
We tried but me and my friends noticed that when we would tell people about the club, they would say"Oh isn't that a men's club" or "That club is for men" despite there being female members.
>>
Yeah, why have it adversarial, work together to recruit more woman in the first club. The woman from the first club are already invested and have developed relationships. If nothing was bad about it they aren't going to leave all that for a club with less people just because it's for woman.
>>
>>16854860
Stop being sexist and allow your club to be gender neutral.
>>
Ever think that they just enjoy an unsegregated environment where they can interact with all kinds of people and not just women? Maybe the other club is more friendly, sociable and people had established friendships that don't involve gender exclusivity
>>
>>16854952
The problem is everyone assumed it was a male club and female gamers weren't joining because of that.
>>16854958
We tried to get the club's leaders to try and recruit more women, they had this mentality of "If they wanted to join, they'd join like the women already in the club" They didn't think they should have to market toward women at all.
>>16854959
The gender neutral club was absolutely male dominated... even more so now, only one girl was part of leadership and she wasn't the most sympathetic to female gamers.
>>16854961
You basically had to act like a bro in order to really fit in there, and it wasn't the most inclusive club out there especially towards women.
>>
What exactly is being done to recruit female members to your group? It would be difficult if it's all done by word of mouth. Is there any advertising? I would do a Facebook page and maybe put fliers up.
>>
>>16854994
we put up fliers on campus, we have held events that honestly... haven't been doing to good... our last one only members from the other gaming club shown up... and while they were perfectly civil, they did eat up a lot of the food meant for potential members.
>>
>>16854956
>We tried but me and my friends noticed that when we would tell people about the club, they would say"Oh isn't that a men's club" or "That club is for men" despite there being female members.
Breh it was probably a shitty excuse for not joining / caring about it.
>>
>>16854860
What purpose does an all female group actually achieve??

>>16854956
Seperating it won't seperate the clubs problem, just make it worse.
>>
>>16854985

>>16855134 here, again, if they just wanted to make it super bro in the old club then your new club can just be "whatever" with both genders in tact. No need to segregate, sounds like a problem with the club leaders themselves than a gender issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 700x565
>>16854952
This, I wouldn't join a fucking GUYS ONLY GAMER CLUB

Typical feminist that "wants equality" but all men are pigs and women should be payed more for less work and men are never discriminated against, and so on, in actuality you are just dividing things further.

You also realize Gamer Gurls is a huge meme right? "LOL OMG xDDD IM SO NERDY LOOK AT ME PLAYING COD (playing halo)", that shits so fucking stupid, do you see guys going around saying "LOL GUY GAMER HEREE, JUST CUZ IM A GUY DOESNT MEAN I WONT BEAT UR ASS IN COD :P, PLS DONT HIT ON ME :PPP ;)))"

You know why the gender neutral club is mostly male dominated, and why your club is pretty stagnant? Mostly males play video games. It's that fucking simple.
>>
Le epic femanon gamur xD
>>
>>16854860
>male dominated
Why the fuck is gender even an issue? Why must there be a segregation?
See, this is why we cant have nice things! (and why 4chan hates Tumblr; creating issues were none exist)
>>
>>16855131
Then why fake the interest they had
>>16855134
The old club was very biased and was obviously male dominated. The one female in leadership wasn't any better when it came to encouraging female membership, and she was as elitist as they were.
>>16855144
We would except male members, but they all go to the old club... we are geared toward inclusivity where the old club is geared toward exclusivity.
>>16855166
I would believe you except for the fact that statistics shows its damn near 50/50 men and women.
>>
>>16855258
What's the problems with someone not wanting the bs drama ("acting like a bro")
Also, she probably didn't encourage more female membership, because she does not care (everyone can join)
The problem, it seems to me, is not with the club, but with the clubs image. Try to form a coalition in the club to start a marketing campaing that shows the club is gender neutral and does not give a shit about someones genitals.
>>
Who gives a FUCK which gender dominates the club, whys it such a big fucking deal to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL for the womyn? Were you being actively marginalised and made to feel bad because if mean microaggressions? :'(

How about you make a club and play games, and whoever happens to be the most knowledgable and capable can offer guidance? Is that too problematic for you?
>>
Maybe try NOT MAKING A FEMALE ONLY CLUB
>>
>>16855258
Please show me these statistics, not arguing, just curious.

Also, is the study just asking how many people play games? Because that's pretty vague and just about fucking everyone plays little iPhone games, or little mini games every now and then, or was it a study on actual hardcore gamers who take it seriously and beat entire game after game, or are extremely high ranking on online leaderboards? Because as someone who's played online games a majority of his life, I don't remember it EVER being 50/50 male/female, a few females here and there, but like 80% or more seemed to be male, or at least from those which I could tell through voice, profile, etc
>>
>>16855272
This, go back to the gender neutral club, just make sure to make it more widely known it's not just a guys thing.
>>
File: image.png (250 KB, 638x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250 KB, 638x401
>>16854860
If you like to include people, don't call it the Female Gamer Club. If you're accepting boys anyway, change the damn name. You're kinda SJWish here.
>>
>>16855272
She would actively discourage participation and would often times shoot down suggestions of the female members of the club. She also would make comments that would discourage members of the club, and was the biggest hard ass when it came to games that could be demoed on the projector screen.
>>16855298
All we wanted was a little consideration and a little bit of a voice. Some kind of notion that we were being heard, but instead we were pushed aside.
>>
File: 1451340300309.jpg (30 KB, 277x398) Image search: [Google]
1451340300309.jpg
30 KB, 277x398
ITT

I tried to split up a functioning group and don't understand why not everyone loves the idea!? Help /adv/!

>>Don't tell me why I'm wrong though because I won't believe any of it!
>>
>>16855326
Sounds like illusory correlation. It has probably nothing to do with gender. And if it does, I think it is more of a power trip for her (over the other females in the club; I can already tell the males do not give a shit being a male myself) The males will only care about playing games, trust me. 90% of us dont care about gender in most situations.
>>
>>16855326
Voice for what? What was so important that you had to share it?
No doubt you wanted to censor what these people enjoyed.
Well you did the right thing, you left.
>>
>>16855166
>mostly males play video games
but that's not true at all
>>
>>16855166
i can't believe you would unironically post this image. its even from fucking 9gag
>>
Do you allow gays in your female gamer group, or is it strictly lesbian-ish? I wouldn't want to play games with just guys, sometimes I want a challenge so I play against girls.

You sound a little feministy saying our minority group should have as many members as the majority. It's not a competition, it games, just have fun.
>>
>>16855346
The guys in leadership was just as bad, as an example they blanket banned Tell Tale games from being demo'd stating that they aren't real games, and aren't exciting enough for the demo screen, they also blanket banned a whole host of other games from being demo'd.
Also when it came to discussion all of our topic discussions were always shot down, by both the males in leadership and the one female one.
>>16855359
We didn't try to censor anything though we did critisize some of the stuff being demoed. The woman in leadership of the group was demoing skyrim and she had some rather unsavory mods installed. Though it was a common problem with her, we didn't seek out to censor her or anything, just let it be known that the mods she had were inappropriate for being demo'd on the big screen. Other members would criticize games, but when some of the female members did it, we were practically demonized it felt like.
>>
nobody in this thread seems to understand that they would have a hell of a time trying to relate to eachother. segregating the two is actually a good idea because it prevents conflicts before they even happen

>inb4 "this is just like race segregation!!!"
no its fucking not
>>
>>16855383
Inappropriate my ass.
You're all adults. If unwholesome risqué content frightens you, go grow up.

I fucking knew you'd been thrown out for being sticks in the mud and pushing agendas that have nothing to do with enjoying games.

Have fun in your new club.
>>
imagine an ambulocetus trying to crawl atop your dick while you're playing dark souls. why would you want this
>>
>>16855383
Well they are just dicks. Make a gamer club for all games and all genders and get someone with marketing experience to fuck them up by creating an awesome campaign for your new club (but make it gender neutral)
>>
>>16855406
OK, it's fucking ridiculous that you'd make that assumption, as though there's no chance the mods were actually offensive or graphic. People make mods that feature explicit sexual content, rape, actual slurs, hardcore gore, and so on, and people install them. Maybe she's oversensitive and the mods were relatively innocuous but you're an ass for just assuming that.
>>
>>16855258
>Then why fake the interest they had
IDK man, women are fucking weird.
>>
y'all niggaz postin in a troll thread
>>
>>16855443
I'm sorry? I don't follow.

You got me on the hardcore penatrative non consensual gore though that stuffs gross.
>>
>>16854985
>The gender neutral club was absolutely male dominated...
See.. you are approaching it with the belief that the disproportion has something to do with gender, so you try to combat this by doing something equally as sexist as what you thought was happening in the first place. I hope in future you can look at things without this underlying gender inequality assumption.

It's likely just the atmosphere in that club, or that i'ts already a large group and new people have friends in the club.

Also, I got the impression from your post that there was only the 'male dominated' club and the new one you created.

What other clubs are there and what are their drawcards?
>>
>>16855465
This
>THIS GENDER NEUTRAL CLUB HAS MOSTLY MALES?!?!
>Female only gamers club
Now you have the reasonable normal gamers club and the edgy feminist gamers club. BUT MUH CLUB MUST HAVE AS MUCH AS THE MEN EQUAL RIGHTS!!! How about people will join your fucking club if they want. It has nothing to do with gender, apparently women just don't want to fucking join for whatever reason
>why would they fake interest?
Idk, why DO lots of women tend to be bitchy liars? The world may never know
>>
>>16854860
>At the community college I go to I started a female gamer club

1/10
made me reply
>>
>>16855258
>Then why fake the interest they had
A lot of people don't want to just say "no I don't want to do that"
>>
>>16855258
>We would except male members, but they all go to the old club... we are geared toward inclusivity where the old club is geared toward exclusivity.
Well you did say it was a "female gamer club". Guys aren't going to join that, now are they? That's not inclusive at all.
>>
This post takes me back. The church was going astray from the bible, so some members posted their grievances in an effort to save the church from the wicked leaders who kept all the money for themselves.
The greedy elders weren't about to give up all the gold that was pouring into their pockets, so Christians split from the catholes and made their own church.
The difference here is that the greedy people with no respect others split off and failed.
>>
>>16855802
Maybe I should start a church
>>
>>16855815
Would cult leader work with your charming personality? You see to not have many followers.
Maybe you're right, maybe gaming isn't your calling. Do you have other hobbies that you're good at?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkGUrjALL1s
>>
>>16855843
I'm not OP. But I just want to be rich. And if telling people about fairy tails they already believe in will get me there I'd gladly do it.
>>
>>16854985
>They didn't think they should have to market toward women at all.
How the fuck would you market a video games club towards women? Either they're interested in the topic or they're not.

You don't seem to understand that women are a minority in gaming, it will never approach 50/50. And before anyone brings up those statistics, they include shitty facebook games and angry birds.

>>16855446
Yeah except I've seen this shit happen at my own college. Silly little girls with thin skin exist everywhere.
>>
>>16854860
Should have just called it the Animal Crossing club
>>
>>16855851
oh thank god, you're not OP i was picturing her making people drink coolaid
>>
>>16855848
Why do nobody ever joke about Tumblr the way they do about 4chan? They're more or less the same thing just at different ends of a spectrum.
>>
>>16855864
forget facebook there are over 20,000 girl flash games out there. dressup, makeup, cooking, flirting, kissing, and decorating.
>>
>>16855888
Because Tumblr is more mainstream. Gender spectrum nonsense is tied to the hip of trans crap which you can't criticize in mainstream media.

Meanwhile people will look at you funny if you bring up the merits of fascism.
>>
>>16855864
>50/50

a lot of guys play girl characters in games. especially that perspective where the camera is following the character's ass -tomb raider style.
all those female characters online are misleading, and distort the numbers when most of them are guy players. no homo, it's a girls ass inyourface throughout the game
makes it look like there are ore girl gamers tho
and can be awkward in-game
>>
>>16855864
Fucking exactly, I'm the guy from earlier and this is exactly what I was saying.

It sure as fuck is not 5050, sure everyone plays angry birds and Tetris and so on, maybe for little phone apps/games/computer mini games and whatnot, or they might play a game of cod when they're really bored and see someone else playing, but as in real actual gamers that take it seriously and play real games regularly? As I said, I spent a majority of my teenage years playing online games, probably 80-90% of the voices I hear? Male. As someone who spent a shit ton of time in video game stores? Again mostly males. As a regular social person who has known a lot of females over his lifetime, how many were seriously into gaming? Less than a handful. E3 conventions, which gender do you see more of? Male. How much more often do you see games with sexy women characters as opposed to attractive male characters? Well I've never really gauged how attractive I feel male video game characters are lol, but I do know they have entire video games based off of girls playing volleyball in tiny little bathing suits with huge tits and asses. Why is this a thing, and why isn't there a male equivalent? There simply isn't a demand for the male equivalent like there is for the female one because the gaming community is, tadah you guessed it, mostly male.

Look I like feminism when used for proper purposes, and fighting for equality of all kinds, but clearly that is not a correct statistic, as anyone emersed in the gaming community and culture would know, I think it'd be awesome if females were more into games, but they're just not as much, and that's just how it is.
>>
>>16854860
Stop playing smash and it'll stop attracting the dregs of society. I'm guessing your club consists of the likes of bronies and NEETs.
>>
>>16855925
>all those female characters online are misleading, and distort the numbers when most of them are guy players.
The statistics I'm referring to arent about headcounts of girl characters on MMO's. They're actual studies, but they fail to differentiate what games they're playing.

Even then, the populations are generally fairly segmented even if the overall population is more balanced. WoW is a good example, with plenty of women on RP realms collecting pets but few actually in the raiding scene.

>>16855927
>Why is this a thing, and why isn't there a male equivalent? There simply isn't a demand for the male equivalent like there is for the female one because the gaming community is, tadah you guessed it, mostly male.
The free market is certainly a good indicator in this situation. They mass produce Yaoi shit for girls in anime/manga, yet there are few game equivalents. That certainly says something.

>I think it'd be awesome if females were more into games
Doubtful it will ever happen. Especially because of nonsense like dongle gate, there will always be a hesitance to accept them anyways. Why bother risk losing your job just to hire a mediocre worker? Sausage fests are boring at times, but they're much more stable.
>>
>>16854860
I would rather join the male dominated club because it's not gender specific. I don't really want to bring in gender to the topic of games because I don't really care, and if I see a club that's for female gamers exclusively I would assume they would have some sort of agenda on top of just being a club about gaming.
>>
>>16855896
i'll bet everyone would want to see dressup games on the overhead. help victoria justice match her bikini, shoes, and hat
>>
>>16854860

why are you trying to segregate the clubs in the first place?
>>
>>16854956
That's when you correct them dipshit.
>>
>Any vidya venue besides Street fighter

That's the only community that is relatively passable and you're still going to encounter heavy BO.

But women are shit at fighting games and the only popular female players are mid tier by male standards.
>>
>>16855401
No it's sex segregation you mongol
>>
>>16855401
No I think it's important that they learn to get along and understand how each other's minds work, instead of segregating them already for fear of future conflict which may or may not even happen.

I'm a girl who does engineering - yes it is male dominated but it teaches me how to work with other people more effectively than if I were to separate myself from the guys.

You just have to realise that just because the original gamer club isn't outwardly recruiting females, it doesn't mean that they're a bunch of mysogynists. They just don't care what other people's genders are.
>>
>>16855945
>They're actual studies

allrightythen.jpg

we surveyed 100 people
it's totally legit
they were leaving an abortion clinic and we stopped them and asked if they played games
50% of those surveyed said yes
polling was done by an independent agency with no connection to the automotive industry
>>
>>16855980
It was based on interviewing 4000 people you mongloid. The study is inherently flawed, but that doesn't mean you should make shit up either.
>>
>>16855977
boys and girls should not be playing together until they get their degree.
>>
>>16855927

You are using multiple articles of corporate exploitation of a modern and rapidly-changing culture as 'proof' of the content and nature of that culture, and leaning so very heavily on them, to 'counter' information based on real research with known and specific limitations. And you seem to truly believe this is a legitimate argument.

I see two prospects for yourself.

Either you have so little concept of what serves as evidence and what does not that you genuinely believe that your single-user perception of the notoriously-flawed and comically-inept process of corporate exploitation of culture is a hard-trump to limited but factual information.

Or you genuinely believe that the games industry knows exactly what everyone wants, gives them exactly that, and you feel truly represented in every facet by their construct of gamers.

Now, I'm sure you are the former, and just a bit of an idiot without the knowledge that gendered games marketing was artificially induced into the medium in the 80s and 90s when games marketing really took off and marketing execs of the era stuck to old staples that were easy sells to young firms rather than actually understand the games industry, nor the scientific nous to know why your evidence is orders of magnitude less persuasive than published studies with known limitations.

But I can't help shake the feeling that maybe you really are the latter, and that's an unsettling thought.

I mean, you don't really think that the current state of the games industry is well-founded, or that the executive level genuinely understands its industry, do you?

Do you?
>>
>>16855991
psych major, i can make a study say anything you want. and another study that says the opposite. no study is ever accurate or based in reality. it's all about who pays for the study
>>
>>16856013

You're a fucking retard who has never published a single fucking study in your life, and with that attitude, never will.

When you grow the fuck up, actually learn the field instead of assuming that your infinitely small droplet of information at this feeble state of your career is relevant to the vast ocean you are criticising, and actually get your shit-fuck study published in a paper with an impact factor, then you come and fucking tell me this shit you egotistic fuckboi.
>>
>>16856010
It's very successful for such a poorly operated industry with such a bad grasp of its customer base.

But clearly you're right. These words are irrefutable proof of something or other.
>>
>>16856010
>I mean, you don't really think that the current state of the games industry is well-founded, or that the executive level genuinely understands its industry, do you?
Are you going to argue an entire industry is so ignorant that they'd overlook an entire market? Or that the booming indie market would fail to fulfill those niches?

I mean fucking christ we have a cat girl fucking simulator as one of the most popular games on steam right now. If people want to see two things fucking, they'll get it. This includes anything girls may be after.
>>
From my own experiences, girl-only groups are really awful environments, packed full of drama constantly. Never again.
>>
>>16856010
>>16856034
REKT

This dumb bitch didn't learn the concept of supply and demand in middle school. If there's money to be made off of it, best believe someone is taking advantage of it.

The video game industry isn't "just being ran by evil men who only cater to men and don't truly represent gamers". The video game industry is following the fucking money. If there's money to be made, why wouldn't they make sex simulation games for women or guys wearing next to nothing playing volleyball, or fucking anything like that which would clearly indicate the presence of female gamers?

Like seriously, do you think the greedy fucks at the head of those corporations are saying "wait a minute, even though that'll make us a shit ton of money, let's not do it because fuck women lol"
>>
>>16856034

Gender shit wise?

Right now game creators working with AAA publishers are told not to make games with female protagonists. As in, "we are instructing you to give this game a male protagonist". If the contract allows the to order changes instead of request changes, they make it an order.

Even if the narrative is explicitly set for a female character. This is so totally prevalent that in the initial pitch meeting for the recent Tomb Raider redo (first one) one exec actually asked the question "Do we really need a female protagonist? I mean, is that necessary to this franchise?".

Games with female protagonists are consistently given about half the marketing budget of equivalent scale/setting/genre/fame games. This is justified by "female protagonists do less well", even though this is specifically due to the lack of marketing budget. The size of marketing budget is the most powerful correlation by far to the success of AAA games. In fact, games with female protagonists do disproportionately well for their budget.

The executive level of the industry is utterly and totally convinced that no 'boy' (and they specifically refer to 'boys' even though overwhelmingly modern gamers are adults) will play as a 'girl'. Even though actual studies sshow that the number of people who are less interested in buying a game because it has a female protagonist are absolutely minute, and outnumbered about 40 times over by women and men who would be more interested in buying a game with a female protagonist.
>>
>>16856106

This has nothing on the scope of idiocy outside of gender shit. This is an industry so deluded that as a collective it gave up on survival horror as 'unpublishable' even though the hundreds of millions being spent on indie survival horror proves it wrong, so apathetic as to its products that fixing games to be literally playable is a lower priority that churning out mediocre DLC, and so bent on its own destruction that games selling two, four, seven MILLION units are regarded as commercial failures.

Any examination of the industry at the executive level looks, until you get close enough to trace individual decisions and policies, like something that can only be described as schizophrenia.

>>16856063

Survival horror. Argue the 'profit motive' in dumping an entire genre worth hundreds of millions you insipid fuckboi.
>>
>>16856063

The industry is following where it tells itself the money is. It also is a bunch of fucking retards who regularly make decisions so bad that they defy any reasoned explanation and can only be rationalised as either a hundred-million-dollar joke or an expression of hatred for the industry they are trapped in.
>>
It's not always about revenues or catering to sales data.
You don't have to buy a product to influence it's manufacturer's decisions.
His wife has him by the balls until those kids turn 18. Befriend her, and you practically own that company.
>>
>>16856027
He's a psych major anon.
It's not like he's a real scientist.
>>
>>16855361
It is true. Women play more "video games" when you include mobile apps, but actual console and PC gaming is still largely a male hobby.

Women, on average, just aren't as interested in gaming as men. So video games clubs are going to be, on average, more males than females.
>>
Half-Life 3 confirmed 100 million pre-orders.
go where the money is... no luke I AM YOUR FATHER i don't believe you, *chops off own hand*
>>
>>16856106
>Right now game creators working with AAA publishers are told not to make games with female protagonists.
Reminds me of the schmuck that blamed sexism for that game Remember Me failing, rather than the fact it's just a shitty game.

>This is so totally prevalent that in the initial pitch meeting for the recent Tomb Raider redo (first one) one exec actually asked the question "Do we really need a female protagonist? I mean, is that necessary to this franchise?".
Do you even have a source for this one, because google is giving me jack shit. Interesting if so, but I'm leaning more towards doubt.

>The executive level of the industry is utterly and totally convinced that no 'boy' (and they specifically refer to 'boys' even though overwhelmingly modern gamers are adults) will play as a 'girl'.
Bayonetta is one of nintendos largest IPs right now. You know who her main critics are? Women. And before you go after her sexualized design, it was a woman who created her to embrace her own sexuality, or so she says anyways.

This is all ignoring the indie industry too. You know, the people making that overwhelmingly popular cat girl fucking simulator I mentioned.
>>
>>16856109

Deluded might not be the right word. When you are "corporate" and you have a multi million dollar project on your hands, being innovative and taking risks is generally frowned upon.

This is the same reason that most Holywood movies are mediocre and all very similar. Why they are doing remakes of Fantastic Four and Spiderman than actually put their heads down and make the next Indiana Jones or some shit.

It is too big, too expensive to not play safe, and the barrier to entry for making a game with that big a budget is so unbelievably high that you don't have to worry about a strapping indie project or startup from eating your lunch anymore because they simply cannot operate at your level and they can't afford the toys you can.

Corporate executives of these games got to where they were by dumb luck or by playing it safe, and they will try like hell to keep playing it safe. They will also try to make sure that they continue to focus on MORE budget and MORE flashiness and MORE people at desks furiously typing because YOU are seen as important and get noticed for executive positions and bonuses when you lead an army on a multi million dollar project. It doesn't matter about the company and if they make money.
>>
>>16856143
"Clubs" are going to be more female on average. Guys don't hold each other's hand to go to the bathroom. Guys are home playing the games, not meeting up to bitch about the character's clothes.
>>
>>16856149
REKT again, I love you man

Feminist logic
>NOT ENOUGH FEMALE CHARACTERS IN VIDEO GAMES
>*creates female characters*
>OMG SHES HALF NAKED MALE FUCKING PATRIARCHY SCUM
>*makes women dressed more conservatively*
>FUCKING OPPRESSIVE PIGS WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW OFF OUR BODIES AND BE PROUD
>>
Man I just wish people wouldn't bash devil daggers so hard on >>>/v/

People will pay tenbux for walking simulators and 5 is too much for the best arcade shooter in like a year.
>>
>>16854860
uh, why do you need a female gamer club? It's a male dominated interest afterall. Maybe all the other females don't share the same hangups about it as you.
>>
Our studies show that both male and female players prefer to play games with a strong male character. 92% prefer not to see genitalia, while 6% leaned more towards an "implied" penis, and 2% were undecided
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.