[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ag right before I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My girlfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ag right before I was going to propose. She was and is the love of my life and she may never feel the same way

I'm stuck living with her for the next 2 months and it's killing me seeing her every day. How do I get over this heart ache
>>
>>16817789
My GF of Seven years rolled over randomly one night on her cell phone while she was fucking someone else.

I personally dealt with it by having random sex with so many girls I lost count.

We all deal with it in different ways but it eventually stops hurting. Just don't do anything that has any long term repercussions like killing yourself or chronic substance abuse.

Personally, I think envy is the best revenge, as in... get buff and start banging some chick way hotter... and hence how I got over mine. You have an even better opportunity since she lives with you. And DONT EVER LET HER BACK.

Oh and also, don't marry them. That should be lesson 1 learned from all this.

Lesson 2 is there is a lot of pussy out there and it all feels the same.
>>
>>16817789
Try leaving.
>>
>>16817827
It doesn't all feel the same.

Out of the 25+ women I've slept with in my 6 years of sexual activity, there's been great pussy, good pussy, bad pussy, and god tier pussy.

Same goes for blowjobs.
>>
>>16817827
The thing is she has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We still want each other in our lives but she doesn't want the relationship to continue.

She said we both have a lot of personal growth to go through before either of us is ready to commit to any sort of relationship. But I just don't see why we can't work that out together.
>>
>>16817963

>She said we both have a lot of personal growth to go through before either of us is ready to commit to any sort of relationship

"i wanna fuck other guys, sorry"

>But I just don't see why we can't work that out together.

Because its not your dick that she wants.
>>
>>16818109
She said she isn't ready to move on. She's not that kind of person
>>
>>16818127

She wants the best of both worlds, your friendship and someone else's penis.

Ask yourself this, can you see her be with someone else and not be hurt? As long as you answer "no" to this question, friendship is impossible.
>>
>>16818148
Sex isn't even an issue here though. Neither of us put much stock into that. But I do agree with your second statement
>>
>>16818148

This, op is a typical deluded cuck.
>>
>>16817789

In 2 months you'll be high-fiving everyone that you didn't propose.

Everyone deals with this heartache; kids like you are especially hard hit because you're stupid and you think everything so emotionally.

You'll move on, grow; you will.
>>
>>16818157

Then tell her exactly that.

Honestly, that relationship is dead, in fact it was probably dead a long time ago, she just got sick enough to mention it now.

The only way you can recover this is with dignity, either she takes everything or nothing. If she realizes you're worth that much to her then she might change her mind, but otherwise you should start the disconnection process ASAP.
>>
>>16817963
I know it sucks, but try to take her at her word and take time to grow as a person while you are apart. Maybe you'll get back together in 2, 5, or 10 years - who knows. Maybe you'll grow and realize that you weren't right for each other, and that the relationship was wonderful and important and formative but had an expiry date. Or maybe in 3 or 6 months she'll realize she made a mistake and want to try again. Anything of these things are possible, but the reality is it's going to hurt a ton right now and you can't do anything about it.

The next two months are going to be terrible. Be away from home as much as possible. Can you go stay with your parents for a few weeks? Go on vacation? Stay at a friend's over the weekends? After that, while you are apart, seriously try to grow and have exciting new experiences. This will enhance your future, relationship and otherwise, with or without her.

Sorry, OP. Breakups suck. Only time helps.
>>
>>16818192
You sound just like her
>>
>>16818159
What you call a deluded Vick I call a genuin person
>>
>>16818197
Then she probably is sincere, cares about you, wants what is best for both of you, and believes that what is best isn't a relationship with you right now. Hopefully, if this is truly the end, you can allow the good parts of this relationship to inform the next.

Don't forget to mope and cry and eat ice cream and lean on your friends for emotional support over the next few months while you mourn the loss of the relationship; that helps in the short term.
>>
>>16818192

Doesn't even matter if she wants to go back with him

this will be her practically saying "hey i got bored of fucking around, what about we get together again? teehee" and if he says yes, the probability of her doing this again is really high since she will already know that she can come back to him at any time.

my advice is to move foward and never step back, theres a lot of good woman out there, he doesn't need to waste his time on a lost case.
>>
>>16818238
But do you think we can actually be friends in the end
>>
>>16818298

Only if you get over her romantically.
>>
>>16818298
Maybe! If you are friends, I think this is healthy and admirable. It also reflects well on people who are on good terms with their exes. However, this won't be for a long time, and as >>16818303
said you can only be friends if you don't want more. If you are hoping to leverage friendship into returning to a relationship, that is not real friendship and much less healthy, and it will interfere with future relationships with other women. I would say give it years before trying to be friends.

That said, off the top of my head I can only think of one heterosexual friend who is more than casual acquaintances with a serious ex. This guy is close friends with one ex, cheated on his current gf with another ex, and two of his exes are met through him and are now friends with each other. So I think it is rare (but not impossible) to return to friendship after a relationship.
>>
>>16818298
Theoretically you could, if you do exactly what >>16818303 said, but I HIGHLY doubt you can if you stay close to her this early on.
But hey, to avoid another poor anon from becoming a beta orbiter, remember this: When you are doing anything with her as friends, think "would I do this with my male friends?". Friends dont throw money at friends.

>>16817827
Sorry to hear that man. You have my sympathy.
>>
>>16818303
>>16818377
I want to keep her in my life badly enough that I'd give anything to at least be her friend. If that means to never be with her romantically then so be it.

Thank you for a better look into her perspective of things it definitely helps
>>
>>16818444
This may also help
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.