[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do with someone who doesn't respect your time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
What do you do with someone who doesn't respect your time?

There's this guy I'm friends with and it's fun to hang out/go to shit with him but he has this trait that just pisses me the fuck off.

>"yeah we can go do that tomorrow"
>the next day
>"sorry man I'm tired" or some other lame excuse like "oh my other friend wants me to go to the store for him" that could have either been done at another time or could have been avoided by just telling them 'I'm going to the gym with anon"
>when he does show up he's 5-10+ minutes late, almost no exceptions

It's annoying because it's like he doesn't respect my time at all. He says we can hang out or go to some place today, tomorrow he'll give me some BS excuse and/or say 'nothing was set in stone man".
>>
If you're doing it right--as in going out for your own sake and simply inviting him along--then then only person he's hurting is himself. In other words he can't disrespect your time if he has no effect on it. You live your life. If you feel like it, invite him to join in that. Then get on with living your life as it suits you. The kicker is that he's not going to mind. You'll be amazed to find that he really doesn't care if you do your own shit and he's the one who suffers the consequences of his own choices. This could completely disappear as a problem if only you choose that.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.