[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with rejection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Sadpepe.jpg (75 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
Sadpepe.jpg
75 KB, 600x597
Just realised I've been lead on for weeks

After asking out grill for date, got friend zoned hard. Now feel like a piece of absolute beta shit.

Any advice on how to move forward, or alternatively 'escape' friend zone.

I'm painfully aware of how awful this term 'friend zone' is but have no better substitute.
>>
>>16783711

>escape the friend zone

this is something specific to people, and people are diverse. thats like asking how to make someone fall in love with you. actually, its literally asking how to make someone fall in love with you. if you already pulled out all your stops, then there is nothing left to do. she made her choice. and nothing except for organic experiences could change that (but rarely ever do). there is also the psycopath approahc but you likely couldn't pull it off and dont want to.

so no, no escaping friend zone for you. (friendzone should be the name of a cool dave and busters type place that adults go to make friends after being rejected by women).

anywho, how to get over it? say aiight, nice knowing ya.

then cut her out of your life. in the future try not to get so hung up over someone you never actually went on a date or kissed (im assuming). but its okay. we've all been there.
>>
>>16783732
OP here I think that's some solid advice b/ro but any advice on how to move on as I have to work with her for at least the remainder of the year.
>>
>>16783711
Stop frogposting for starters
Then stop using the term "friendzone" so you stop sounding like a fucking robot
While we're at it, stop acting like she's leading you on. You showed interest, you asked her out, she rejected you. End of story.

Put her out of your head. Stop seeing her in a romantic light and stop acting like she's a romantic interest to you. Stop flirting. Don't refer to you asking her out or you being interested in her. Get it in your head that the two of you won't end up together. The only way to escape the friendzone is through the back door, the one that ends your friendship. If you feel the urge to wonder what she's up to, find something to distract you.

You may feel like shit, but don't let yourself be "led on" and don't pretend it's her fault if you do. The only thing that should be in your head right now is "her loss"
>>
>>16783758
Friend the shit out of her I would say. What else can you do? If she is the amazing person you think she is, being friends still good.
>>
>>16783758

>how to move on

don't associate with her anymore than necessary. if ur co dependent, go co depend on someone else. if your not, focus on the joys of single life.

but dont focus on her unless absolutely necessary. if you're gonna

>BUT I SEE HER EVURY DAY!!1!

than get out of class

>BUT I CANT

then deal with it. no magic c heat code potions here.
>>
Everyone gets friend zoned at least once by a crush. Happens. Be a strong individual, by picking up whats left of your balls and moving forward.
>>
>>16783711
Why feel beta? You tried man. That's not beta at all.
Clinging to her is, though
>>
You tried it on with a girl, she doesn't want any. Stop being a pussy and get over it. And while you're at it, stop using terms like "beta male" and "friend zone" you sound like an internet dork.
>>
>>16783821
"dork"
>>
>>16783711
>be me
>never asked grill out
>never talked to target grill
>tell her she cyute ask her out
>get rejected
>happy af
;)
>>
>>16783711
>After asking out grill for date, got friend zoned hard. Now feel like a piece of absolute beta shit.
If she was actually leading you on, then there is no need to feel like a beta: she pulled the BS, not you. Even alphas get led on sometimes. But f you were playing the Nice Guy -pretending at friendship while secretly trying to manipulate her into something else- THAT would be cause for feeling like a beta.

From the information given, it soubds like you were upfront and forthcoming about your feelings: you asked her out from the beginning, and THEN she led you on. Do I have this right? Because if I do, then I see nothing beta about what you did. If I misunderstood your story, then we'll need to talk some more.

What to do next, then? Ordinarily, this is the part where I'd suggest you to establish distance. If you could do that quickly, then hey, more friends is never a bad thing, especially friends of the gender you're seeking. If you couldn't do that quickly, that's unfortunate, but it would be time to go your separate ways.

But there's a complicating factor here: she led you on, and that Isn't Cool. I do not recommend that you encourage that kind of cruelty. Just let her go. If she demands an explanation, give it to her straight: you were forthright, and you expected forthrightness. If she'd been as up-front about wanting to be friends as you were about wanting a relationship, then yeah, that would have stung a bit, but who knows? Maybe the two of you could have worked something out. But by dragging this on for weeks on end, she made it hurt a whole lot worse, and you're not ready to be friends with someone who would hurt you that badly.
>>
>>16783711

One, the friendzone doesn't exist, stop thinking that bullshit is an actual thing. She doesn't find you attractive.

Date other women. Pretty simple m8
>>
>>16783809
This so much. Do you not realize how much more you've done than so many of your fellows? It is the clinging on that is the true beta characteristic, but in truth you need to be proud of yourself for going for it where so many others hesitate and back down.
>>
>>16783910
My intentions have been pretty clear from the start, it started as friendship and escalated into what I though was something more.

I had explicitly told her I liked her at least a week before asking her out. And had behaved in a way that that I implied liked her from the beginning.

P.S this was a valentines day rejection.
>>
>>16783711

She doesn't want to date you so that option isn't there. If you have no interest in being friends with her then stop hanging out with her. There ya go, you're out of the friend zone.
>>
>>16783711
There's no such thing as the friendzone
The only reason why you are lonely
Cuz you are fat and gay
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.