[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I break up with my gf? Everything seems perfectly normal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: received_477376325762091.jpg (24 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
received_477376325762091.jpg
24 KB, 500x517
How can I break up with my gf?
Everything seems perfectly normal to her, so how do I prepare her for the news? Should I talk to her personally? Should I cut all contact after I tell her I don't want to be in this relationship anymore?
>>
Why do you want to break up?
>>
>>16783580
I just don't love this girl anymore. To continue it won't me fair for anyone. I want more time alone, and I want to meet other people.
>>
>>16783496

operating under the assumption that you DONT live together, i find this is the healthiest way to do it

>have a friend drive you to your gfs place. he will sit and wait in the car for 15 to 20 minutes
>enter your gfs house and tell her you need to talk
>recite to her a very rehearsed and concise break up speech
>I'm sorry anonnette, but i dont feel for you the way I used to. I have tried for some time to regain that spark, but i fear its lost, and i dont want either of us to miss our chance at finding it with someone else. I'm sorry but we can't see each other anymore.
>she will have her reaction. which will likely include further questions.
>DONT actually answer the questions. simply state that you are sorry and reiterate that the feelings just aren't there and you aren't willing to keep having at them
>exactly 15 or 20 minutes into this, your friend will knock on the door and say you HAVE to leave, he may cite something important if need be, such as you two going on a trip or to a movie or something time binding.
>you apologize again, perhaps leave a parting gift, something to remember you by, or even just a little ice cream to comfort her
>then you leave

extraction friend saves the day. without him you're stuck dealing with her for as long as she wants. i cant stress enough that you are not to engage her questions. she will try to 'logic' you out of a break up by claiming you are wrong about things, as if this will change feelings.

when you leave you block on facebook and on text and any other stupid social media networks you might have. you do not make any contact with her for at least three months. by then you will be level headed enough to explore the possibility of friendship IF YOU WANT but i dont recommend it.
>>
>>16783682
Sit her down and tell her that. Don't procrastinate, the sooner you get it over with the better.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.