[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I look "good weird" instead of "bad weird"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 1397903825886.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1397903825886.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
How do I look "good weird" instead of "bad weird"?
>>
Don't fall into the trap of overcompensating with "weird" fashion sense. This works for some, but I think largely it's more unflattering.

Keep yourself well groomed. Most of the sexiest and most confident girls are some of the weirdest looking I think.
>>
Hygiene. Make sure you don't smell bad, wear clean clothes, brush your teeth, clean your ears, go to the dermatologist if your skin is fucked, etc. Shit seems like common sense but I see tons of whiney neckbeards who definitely look awkward but if they just used some fucking dandruff shampoo they'd have a chance with at least some women.
>>
It's about confidence. Find out what works for you. I've been bad weird my whole life and only suddenly I've started to learn how to do better weird.

The grooming thing can to a certain extent be an issue if you have visible problems like dandruff and acne, but more importantly they are only an issue if they take a toll on your confidence. I've gone a month without washing my hair, showering scarcely, wearing dark, ragged clothes. My hair matted and I looked like a stray, but I didn't care because I'm in college and I don't care about anyone's opinion of me yet. It would be a different thing in the workplace.

Figure out what style works for you -neat, messy? Colourful, neutral? And tailor it to how it can make you feel most confident. That's what sets a stylish individual apart from a style victim.
>>
>>16770397
Look nice and somewhat fashionable. Be clean.
Boom. Done.
>>
File: 23_fatgosling.jpg (47 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
23_fatgosling.jpg
47 KB, 320x450
>>16770397
Dont be fat. Being lean is the biggest factor to being attractive.
>>
File: ryan-gosling-300.jpg (29 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-300.jpg
29 KB, 300x400
>>16770694
>>
File: Stephen-Baldwin.jpg (86 KB, 600x471) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Baldwin.jpg
86 KB, 600x471
>>16770699
>>
>>16770397

Good weird:

>He's weird-looking, but he's nice and funny and fun to be around

Bad weird:

>He's weird-looking, weird-acting, awkward, and kind of a malicious dick once you actually get him talking (95% of 4chan) (myself included, tbhf)
>>
File: 1011_1_front.jpg (16 KB, 264x324) Image search: [Google]
1011_1_front.jpg
16 KB, 264x324
>>16770704
>>
Hate to break it to you. But weird is weird.
>>
Wasn't really talking about looks. I know how to present myself.
>>
Don't look weird. Weird sucks, I hate the 90s for making "weird" have positive connotations. That meme needs to die.
>>
>>16770859
>being afraid to stand out
>taking your appearance seriously
>caring what chicks and middle aged men think of your appearance
>>
File: th.jpg (9 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9 KB, 225x300
Look, knock that shit off. The man outside is most comfortable when it reflects the man inside. Dress like yourself. If you're a lowlife shitstain, dress accordingly. If you're not, or you're trying to look your best, dress with class.
I don't mean wear a cravat or a bow tie or other gay ass shit. I mean dress nice. Quality clothing, traditional cut, and own that shit. For me, I grew up blue collar. If I was wearing a sport coat and a nice pair of pants, I'd be wearing Red Wing leather workboots, oiled up and shining. It was a way to maintain a connection to my roots, which sounds dumb, but it was a nod to comfort, so I didn't feel like a kid wearing his one suit at easter. I felt like me. People talk about developing your own style, and sometimes that style is not giving a fuck. For me, I don't like leaving the house without a collared shirt most of the time, but sometimes I just put on a long sleeved Harley T and don't think about it.
Generally speaking, most folks know that people who dress weird or garishly are compensating for something. That's about the most universally helpful thing I can tell you. Well, that and unnatural dyed hair colors are a warning sign of a weak mind or an impairment at some visceral level.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.