[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I have a clean, smooth face like every other guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Why can't I have a clean, smooth face like every other guy I know my age?

I'm just about 21 and I was my face 1-2 a day, exfoliate 2 times a week, and use a black head cleanser daily. I also keep a clean towel on my pillow before bed. But my face is still oily and bumpy.

What else can I possibly do? Why is it so easy for everyone else?
>>
go to a dermatologist, they'll probably put you on some meds that will help

also change your diet. drink more water, eat more fruits and vegetables, eat less sugar and fat
>>
>>16686087
hey buddy im 22 and also have similiar issues. I literally just made a dermatologist appointment today.

It's the only wy to fix it bro. Don't listen to what anyone says. I have tried everything. Drinking more water, working out. Blah blah blah Clean pillows towels. veggies.

No on actually does those things and they have great skin.

You have to go see a dermatologist. But op let me ust tell yo something When all the acne clears, after that or whenever it does. Any insecurities you have arent going to go way. There's beautiful people out their who look in the mirror and see a disgusting person.
>>
Loads of bad skin topics tonight.
I had the same issue as you. I discovered what helped me when i was being a lazy fuck inbetweem jobs and no Gf at the time. my skin seemed to clear up when i was diety as fuk. This translated into how i keep clean skin today
- shower before going to bed so your pillow stays fresh. Just rijse your face with water for like 15 seconds. No rubbing no soaps.
- stop using hairgels. Style your hair with a blow dryer to keep you hair clean.
-never touch your face with you hands and keep the touching to a minimum.
-drink loads of water
- no fat junk food or sugar filled stoff like chocolate and soft drinks.
Ofcourse i eat the nad stuff now and then, but afyerwards i always pay with some bad skin. Hope this helps
>>
>>16686116
>>16686097

Great advice thanks guys, maybe I will go see one. I also do drink quite a bit of water. I suppose my diet could have less fat but I am a very skinny person and usually eat and drink a lot of dairy products to keep my weight up. Though my skin has never really been clear since puberty.
>>
>>16686120
Touching my face is a bad habit I need to break as well. Thanks for reminding me
>>
Oh and dont exfoliate that much... Keep it to once a week. Keep clean hair. The less you do to your skin the better.
>>
grow a beard. best way to hide your skin while it gets through the bad times. also makes you look more of a man.
>>
>>16686122
Exactly bro. I am also a skinny guy too. I see guys all the time who I know are eating nearly double what im probably eating in every category, yet they have clear skin.

It's not diet, or anything stupid like that. It's genetics.
>>
>>16686139
Trust me. Diet is a big part as wel. Diary, sugar and fats just hit me hard every time. Ive been pretty maticulous in keeping track what had effect when i had bad break outs. I know it has effect. Fatty foods dont make you less skinny btw. You should eat more carbs to gain fat. Loads of potatos or rice and pasta. Filled woth carbs and will make you fat in no time. Trust me i had your issues
>>
>>16686087

My acne cleared up when I started going outside and working out. Maybe it was a vitamin d deficiency or something.

I also stopped eating filth.
>>
>>16686122

dairy actually isn't as good for you as you think and could be a part of your problem
>>
>>16686209

Yep, particularly milk. Look up how much sugar is added to milk during the pasteurization process in order to make it palatable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.