[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend is way too skinny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: youlookfine.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
youlookfine.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Background: Technically she is within her BMI for her height and weight. whoopie... when we first started dating, she had the perfect ratio of muscle and fat, and sexy legs.

We been together for 3 years... and this last year.. she just shriveled up into a very skinny girl. No drugs, doesn't drink.

The bones are appearing around her shoulders and even on the front of her chest.. which is becoming turnoff.

When ever we go out with friends or family they dont exactly compliment her on being "soooo skinny".

To me I feel its like we look like we cant afford food to eat.. thats how bad its getting. It was a bit embarrassing around the holidays visiting family. "Is everything ok with you too? Hows work?"

She has some stomach issues with constipation so she is very picky on her food.. which is mostly veggies.. but she does eat fish and chicken.

How can I even have a positive discussion about her weight... I know this is an incredibly dangerous task. If she gained like 8 lbs things would back to normal.
She keeps saying "I like the way I look!"

Or should I just be thankful that my girl is not some obese fat fuck.
>>
>>16654732
>Technically she is within her BMI for her height and weight
Then don't say shit, because she's fine as she is. It'd be one thing if she was obese and destroying her health, but it sounds like she's actually taking care of her body.

>To me I feel its like we look like we cant afford food to eat..
Stop being an over-sensitive shit.

>It was a bit embarrassing around the holidays visiting family. "Is everything ok with you too? Hows work?"
Jesus Christ, this is just your average small talk.
>>
>>16654732

Tell her that your worried about her and tell her how you feel without being negative or making assumptions
>>
Those stomach issues might be related to something more serious, like Crohn's disease or something. Major gas, nausea, whatever.

Otherwise, just talk with her about it if you haven't already. It's her body, and presumably in your in your teens-twenties. She'll probably put on weight in a couple years without needing to be asked.
>>
be blunt with her. if you cant then you have more pressing issues.
>>
She is on the very light side of the BMI chart.
Before, when we hug its like firmness and press of muscle tissue and fat on the touch... and now.. its like skin and bones.

She has nice set of boobies.. but now her ribs are just poking out and especially the shoulder area.

She is a bit too obsessed with fitness I think.

We both workout regularly.. but I think with her low calories and strenuous exercise.. she is losing crazy weight.

I dont push her change in any way.. I really dont want to upset her and cause some even more eating issues with her constipation problems.
She is not Bulimic... before anyone suggests that. We live together.
>>
Stomach digestion issues need to be addressed then her disordered eating.
That is disordered eating and not necessarily eating disorder.

You can be at a good bmi and still be incredibly unhealthy and malnourished.
>>
>>16654758
Oh I can be blunt.. but just not sure if thats the right tactic to use with her.
>>
>>16654732

She could be depressed and you have no idea, try to cheer her up or something, I don't think I've known a dude in a good relationship with his GF ever try to talk to her about her weight so don't try doing that.

IDK I guess ask how she feels, or tie to your bed and force feed her extra cheesy pizza and ice cream for 2 months, your call bro
>>
>>16654773
We both got a health check up... and the doctor said everything was ok.. other than fatty liver ( which was surprising, she barely eats sweets... but I do.)
This weight issue has effected her period too if that changes anyones opinion on this matter.
>>
>>16654825
If her period is being fucked up she's more than likely malnourished and needs more weight on her.

Either she has stomach issues and needs to see a different doctor or there's more of a mental/emotional issue playing into it
>>
>>16654825
If she's lost so much weight that she's no longer menstruating or is skipping periods, that is a bad sign. She should be mentioning that to her doc. Personally I would do this: tell her you love her so much, and you know the doc said everything was all right, but you're still worried that she's gotten so thin, and it would ease your mind a lot if she got a second opinion from another doc just to make sure everything's okay. And encourage her to tell the doc every little irregularity or symptom she has, so they don't miss a diagnosis.
>>
File: 267.jpg (101 KB, 960x701) Image search: [Google]
267.jpg
101 KB, 960x701
>>16654839
They gave her hormone pills.
They havent changed much of anything to be honest.. she still is sweet, etc. Not a raging monster
>>
Are you crazy? You must not live in the US because I would be ecstatic if I had your problem. Do you have long term plans with this girl OP? If so, time will take care of everything.
>>
>>16654732
>Or should I just be thankful that my girl is not some obese fat fuck.

my gf put on 40lbs since i met her and now my days are filled with hate

Fuck you and your 'problems'
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.