[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clingy girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20151209_140904.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151209_140904.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
(Fem anon advice preferred)

So my girlfriend of 5 months just got my last name tattooed on her arm as a surprise for me and won't stop asking when we're getting married. I love this girl, I really do.. she's a solid 9.5/10 and hasn't shown me any reason I should be backing off from the relationship, other than the consistent inquiries about a proposal and being excessively clingy. I can't seem to make her understand that getting married is more of a legal binding contract and not some "love amplifier" that will make our relationship stronger. I've explained that waiting 3 or 4 years while living together is the ideal timeframe that I'm comfortable with prolonging the proposal but her idea of marraige is something that "might as well be done if we're both sure that we're in love". How do I reiterate my explanation to reassure her that I am very much in love but would rather wait and not be pressured into the situation of this huge step in a relationship that clearly needs more time?
>>
She seems crazy. A surprise tattoo with you name? Red flad red flag
>>
>>16622955

>5 months
>last name tattood

you guys gun break up.

on the serious side, assuming you arent an absolute troll:

there really isnt a way. you explained it a few times it seems and she just doesnt see it that way. in her mind it is a fact that people in love get married. so she is ready.

truth is, she probably is more deeply in love with you than you are with her. which isnt a negative reflection on you or her. though in this case it seems shes desperate more than she actually wants it. she likely has seen friends getting married and wants that excitement.

my recommendation? leave her. only way to wake her up to the situation. she will not be happy until you guys are marrie,d and once that excitement ends shes going to demand some new way to make the relationship exciting again.
>>
>>16622955
are you crazy? youve got what pretty much every man wants!! she loves you more than you love her!!! what the hell is wrong with you don't self sabotage this chance at really making the dream, seal the deal and get married.
>>
>>16622955
how many other names are tattooed on her
>>
Just say you want to be more financially prepared before getting married.
>>
>>16623243
The problem is that reality is going to hit her real fucking hard at some point. It's a new relationship. New relationships are exciting, and at the time you are so so sure about what's happening. The problem is, OP is rational. His gf is not. She's impulsive. He isn't. That's already a HUGE problem for them. Once the magic of the new relationship starts fading this girl is going to get a big fucking serving of reality, she may be hitched to somebody who just isn't good for her. She also seems flighty, so that could be a very imminent realization.
>>
>>16622955
get a tattoo of someone else's name on your arm
>>
>>16622955
Always get a prenup!
Always use protection!
Have fun ; )
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.