[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any experience with mucuna pruriens? I am considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Mucuna_pruriens_flower.jpg (526 KB, 2592x3888) Image search: [Google]
Mucuna_pruriens_flower.jpg
526 KB, 2592x3888
Does anyone have any experience with mucuna pruriens? I am considering ingesting it.

Reluctant until I do more research on l-dopa though. I don't understand why it would be neurotoxic, given that it's also produced endogenously? Obviously dopamine, and degradation of dopamine like compounds generates oxidative stress and free radicals inherently. Feeling shitty and braindead (again, and again) and therefore considering suicide, can't reason anything out properly for myself. Sorry for the hacked together sentences, it probably reads like stupid garbage, certainly the way it felt.

Need advice on mucuna pruriens. In lots of pain. Help, etc.
>>
Please help, someone here must have tried some of this.

It's too bad I'm so scared of getting stuck with negative change by default. I feel trapped and like it might well be it for me, and yet I still can't bring myself to do something that might fuck me over. And it never changes.
>>
L-Dopa can cause your brain to produce higher amounts of MAO enzyme to breakdown the extra dopamine.

Alternatives:

Drink coffee - Get a french press and some coffee grounds for a caffeine boost. Cheaper and healthier than energy drinks.

Try modafinil/armodafinil - doesn't make you feel wired like the harder stimulants, just takes you to a state of wakefulness. Good for late night cramming.

Take a multivitamin everyday - You need vitamins as catalysts in the process of producing neurotransmitters.

Get some sunlight - Needs to be direct sunlight. Glass windows filter out the UV your body needs to produce vitamin D.

Force yourself into "normal" sleeping patterns. Unless you grew up living in a part of the earth that is constantly bright, your brain responds best to the earth's natural light cycle of day time = bright, night time = dark.
>>
>>16621655
I might consume a light MAOI.

As far as vitamins, sleep, and sunlight goes, dietarily I'm more or less as good as it can get, for me. Otherwise I feel reluctant to bother making any meaningful lifestyle changes. My problems are myriad, many of which are more mechanical. I sleep poorly half the time anyway, why bother maintaining regularity when you, it, and everything is fucked either way.

I drink tea and yerba mate occasionally. Or cocoa beans. Polyphenols etc.

I appreciate the more broad advice though, it's definitely solid. I've given similar advice myself, but I never feel like anyone will actually listen or do anything with it. I'll think about what you've said.

Maybe I ought to be thinking about why I'm so afraid of trying any new drug. I don't think there would ever be a point where I would feel at all confident in my degree of certainty. Nor would I ever take a leap of faith. Does this confine me to only acting out different derivatives of the familiar? Is it even possible to do anything "new"? I'd think not.

I don't know. When you're half dead already it seems you cling even harder to avoiding risk.
>>
>>16621701
I've tried all sorts of things. Racetams, noopept, inositol, tianeptine, low dose naltrexone, even tried using cyproheptadine to upregulate serotonin...

Thing that ended up working the best was plain ol prozac.
>>
>>16621395
Yes, I've taken mucuna powder on and off for the last year. The effects are very subtle regardless of the size of the dose. It seemed to elevate my mood throughout the day. Not sure if it was the mucuna or the placebo effect. Either way I'll take it
>>
I suppose maybe I'll just try one decent dose one of these days.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.