[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Often me and my girlfriend are in a situation where we both are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1442705420330.gif (4 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1442705420330.gif
4 MB, 512x384
Often me and my girlfriend are in a situation where we both are a bit mad. Then she does not send any message. How to handle this to not appear like a beta? Should I wait until she sends a first message again and don't give a shit? Everytime I'm worried after an hour and I try to solve the problem somehow.
>>
>>16618589
>Then she does not send any message.
You have to realize that people either do this to A) calm down, or B) to punish you. It's often the latter. It's like someone trying to withhold sex until they get what they want, only more personal.

Leave her alone until she contacts you. Busy your mind, hang out with friends, etc. Because in the end, you don't want to teach her that this behavior is acceptable.
>>
Don't get mad. It's that simple.
>>
I do this to my boyfriend all the time for the express purpose of >>16618607

Literally just want the satisfaction of seeing him give in to try to resolve things (I don't remember ever even being sincerely mad about anything).

However, I think if you value your relationship enough, it's probably more mature to forget about the beta crap and just give in. Fix the problem.

If he didn't give in, I'd probably end up leaving. I even have some form of respect for that he does.

Your gf might not be as petty as me, though. She might just be hurt and not know how else to deal with it. Communicating with her will be more successful in the long run than returning the passive aggression.
>>
>>16618624
I'm >>16618607 and used to do it every once in a while, but then I realized how much it was hurting him. And because I genuinely care about him, I was hurt too. I think if he had stopped reinforcing my bad behavior, I would've quit much sooner. Even when he would try to fix things, and I would push him away, I still felt terrible and wanted to more than anything to just hold him. But the power you have when you realize someone cares for you that much can be blinding. It's probably much different for you though. I always find your comments interesting.
>>
>>16618624
That's pretty pathetic, and so is your boyfriend.
>>
>>16618648
Aha, seeing points of views like these are what I like about coming here. Learning experience.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.