[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>forget to wear retainer for a few weeks >try to wear it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1449258093932.jpg (442 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449258093932.jpg
442 KB, 1600x1200
>forget to wear retainer for a few weeks
>try to wear it again
>it no longer fits
>fuck it
>4 months later
>only a small gap in my front teeth

How fucked am I?
>>
It sounds like your braces should have been left on longer. Anyway, you wasted a bunch of money either way. That's not uncommon. We really need to come up with a more viable approach to orthodontics.
>>
>>16614094
I wore train tracks for 2 years when I was 13. When I got them removed, I was given a retainer to wear all day and night for about 6 months if my memory serves me correctly. After 6 months, I was to only wear retainer every night for as long as possible - dentist told me the longer the better so my jaw bone had a chance to grow round my newly straight teeth. 23 years old now and still wear same retainer every night. Only times I don't wear is when I'm staying at friends at last minute and don't have retainer with me and my teeth still move slightly so next day retainer is tight. Go back to dentist and tell them you're dilemma and they will help you or if you are not too bothered, f**k it.......
>>
Never got the option. My parents didn't think it was necessary. So now i have to live with my teeth.

According to my aunt who is a dentist, the gap is so small that they normally don't care about doing anything about it.

However, as soon as i post a picture somewhere (epseically on american forums), i get comments about my teeth.
>>
I accidently threw it away when i was little, have a pretty big gap now, but it doesn't really bother me and i have a great whistle
>>
>>16614094
>How fucked am I

I don't know. It's however fucked you want it to be realizing your teeth are going to shift some and your smile is going to be effected. Worst case scenario? You could always get braces or invisalign again to fix he gap then not forget to wear your retainer afterwards this time. If you're lucky the shift isn't much and it could be easier to rectify and without braces possibly... maybe.

This is why I've had my permanent bottom retainer in for 14 years still. It's come out twice and I've had it put back in within a few days time. One of the hygienists at my office said there's a possibility without it gone my teeth could shift a little or a lot. Not a risk I'm willing to take just to make cleaning my teeth easier.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.