[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems that a lot of the threads here are "I am a loser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1444180910992.gif (36 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1444180910992.gif
36 KB, 242x251
It seems that a lot of the threads here are "I am a loser and sad, wut do."

The only way to cure loser is to form habits and do useful shit consistently. Short of inheriting a lot of money, etc.

What do you think are the top 5-10 habits for most losers to form to get their shit together and how long to solidify each habit?

For example, an answer would be something like:

1. Lift
2. Cut all sugar
3. Cut internet/games except for work/school.
4. Study for x hours a day.

Etc. What do you think the top problem areas are for people here?
>>
I think the top problem area is "I'm a loser because depression/anxiety/obsession/paranoia/etc." You're right, the only way is to form habits and make progress. How do you expect people with severe psychological issues to do that? You're asking schizophrenics to stop listening to the voices. These fuckers need to stop the voices first.

Hide every thread where the OP talks about a specific mood or personality disorder. You'll see 75% of the board disappear and the remaining threads might actually be able to take advice.
>>
>>16606496
Nah those faggots are just self diagnosing sadsacks who try to find any excuse for why their lives are so terrible, so they just find a mental disorder that sounds about right and say they have it.
>>
>>16606496

I really think that a lot of the psychological problems are made up, and supported by irl psychologists because psychologists are glorified counselors who have nothing useful to offer. Even if they did, they couldn't exactly milk sessions for "Start studying instead of thinking you have ADHD faggot."

Then the whole idea of "Why am I depressed" is genuinely ridiculous considering most people posting here have very valid reasons to be upset with their lives, so being sad is EXPECTED, not abnormal. Again, the solution being them addressing the root of the problem.
>>
>>16606503
>>16606506
It sounds like both of you guys are putting the cart before the horse. Self-diagnosis doesn't cause the problems. Self-diagnosis is just an excuse for their problems. But these problems are truly mental issues in the first place.

Being a sad sack of shit is itself a significant mental problem for someone who is sad because of the circumstances they make for themselves. Surely as people who support solving one's own problems you'd recognize that. It rings hollow to say "shape up faggot" from one side of your mouth and "you have valid reasons to be upset" from the other.

Yes, a NEET who was neglected by his parents for his whole life does have obvious reasons to be a recluse. But that's secondary to the issue of how mentally fucked up his lifestyle and history have made him. Telling him to address the problem is a waste of time. He's got the mentality of a helpless infant. His brain is broken.
>>
>>16606514

Are you saying that they have incorrect patterns of thinking or "their brain is broke" from a physiological/chemical imbalance standpoint?

Because if the former, I don't disagree, but it can be fixed without psychiatry bullshit.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.