[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get bullied whole life >tried to stay strong as possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: images (24).jpg (13 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images (24).jpg
13 KB, 512x287
>get bullied whole life
>tried to stay strong as possible
>hated school
>no proper income bit made some good money off and on
>25 and just started college
How fkd am I?
>>
>>16605290
you're fine man, keep those dylan tunes rolling.
>>
>>16605290
Mildly fucked, but not in any way that isn't fixable. You're just getting a little later start is all. It's true that some of the more lucrative careers are harder to get into and succeed in if you start late, but unless you're trying to be a hotshot stockbroker or research chemist or something, you'll be fine.

As for the bullying stuff, all I can say is keep working on being the person you want to be. The longer you spend blazing your own path in life, the farther away all that past shit becomes. If it seems overwhelming, maybe hit up a therapist or do some journaling or some other kind of catharsis. Understanding and healing comes with time.

One thing though, just from my own experience: If you feel compelled to burn the candle at both ends constantly to make up for lost time in your career or personal life, don't - not unless you are absolutely certain you have the energy for it. There's nothing wrong with working hard and striving for goals, just keep an eye on your stress levels and don't burn yourself out by expecting that you "should have" done this or that by a certain age. There's no set progression of milestones in life .
>>
>>16605301
Haha really though? People that age are managers after being employed for so long after getting the degree
Yes I will Bob Dylan is the man
>>
>>16605319

Dude you can always turn your way around. They'll fuck you around by saying things like "late bloomer" and what not but it's all bullshit. A lot of successful people became successful later in life. For instance, Leonard Cohen didn't start music till he was 28 and his career and influence is huge.
>>
>>16605318
Thank, but when you mildly fucked does that mean cause of the age? Some idiot I talked to at uni was 50 and quit is full time/high paying salary because he was scared he was going to loose his job and started a career, and this guy is 50
>>
>>16605330
Partially because of the age, because I don't know what career you're going into and I've heard that with some careers it's better that you start early. On the other hand, a lot of employers like a person who has a little maturity and life experience under their belt.

Partially because of the bullying too, just because statistically people who've been through a lot of emotional trauma just generally have a harder time at life even long after the events are over - poorer physical and mental health, higher stress, more difficulty managing stress, etc.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.