[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>almost 19 yo male >never dated a girlfriend >hardcore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Quite-Your-Bitchin.jpg (12 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
Quite-Your-Bitchin.jpg
12 KB, 277x182
>almost 19 yo male
>never dated a girlfriend
>hardcore virgin
>hate my miserable life
>no friends
>got bullied in school
>wants to drop education
How fucked is my life?
>>
Not fucked up at all. The average 19 year old has little control of their life, due to lack of experience, family life, and limited mobility.

Your 20s are meant for traveling, working, independence,exposing yourself to as much as you can. At your age, you just have to start thinking about what direction you want to go in, try a few, and remain 'present' in the experience.

Most people are in the same mental/emotional spot as you, they just have their own specific struggles. Educate yourself on how to get what you want, and be proactive.
>>
File: 3.concordia-day4-aboard-tugboat.jpg (239 KB, 670x440) Image search: [Google]
3.concordia-day4-aboard-tugboat.jpg
239 KB, 670x440
Up to you. So far, you're describing like 10, 15% of the population of men.

You're also describing the foundation of many fabulously successful men and also of some homeless junkies as well.

So, yeah, it's pretty much what you make of it.
My own thought? Finish your compulsory basic education, and go pick up a trade or do something interesting that will help you figure out what you want to do with yourself.
I was in a similar situation, except for having a couple of good friends, and I ended up getting a job on a commercial fishing boat. I got into better shape, toughened up and figured out what I wanted to do for college after 2 years of that. Can't say that will work for you, but a radical change, learning how to do something useful and toughening up a bit really can help anyone.
>>
>>16605897
I don't know, it's just i started recently to develop a serious social anxiety, to the point where i consider i am losing energy every time i speak with someone. I feel a constant pain and emptiness that i didn't have things people usually already had at my age.
>>
File: alvin.jpg (66 KB, 286x216) Image search: [Google]
alvin.jpg
66 KB, 286x216
>>16605903
Bro, my dad was an orphan. Raised in an orphanage in New York in the 1930's. Never got adopted. Nasty diseases like polio, scarlet fever, etc.
He died a couple of years ago. Married to my mom for 50 years, had 4 kids, and was the engineer for the submarine that found the Titanic, a no-bulllshit explorer.
My neighbor is a retired professor of theoretical physics. Taught at Harvard for almost 40 years. Born wealthy, given everything as a kid. He comes over every Friday for dinner because he doesn't have any family. My wife is the executor of his will because he doesn't have any other friends.
Don't matter where you start, it matters where you finish. I hope to be more like my father than my neighbor.
>>
>Born wealthy, given everything as a kid. He comes over every Friday for dinner because he doesn't have any family. My wife is the executor of his will because he doesn't have any other friends.

Don't know man. Having a family isn't equal to being happy. So i'd go for your neighbor.
>>
>>16605890
Sucked it up and stay in education, you fool.

Teenage years and early 20s sucked for many people.

Focus on getting a good job, then on your look (get in shape and dress more fashionable), those are 2 things you can have a direct influence on. Do it in that order and friends and bitches will follow if you want them.
>>
>>16605982
Are you stupid? What he tries to say is thats better build the life that makes you happy instead of being all alone all the time. Agreed, family doesnt equal happiness but for sure it does help.
>>
>>16605903
boop
>>
Op here. Guys thanks for the help, but I've seen a lot of people over their 30 and they're still in crap. I'm afraid I don't become like them.
>>
File: 1393604299604.jpg (302 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
1393604299604.jpg
302 KB, 1240x1754
>>16605890
Life isn't a race. Your life isn't fucked because it hasn't started yet. The world is pretty much yours. Life is fucked when you decide it is.

I got bullied in school too. Lost my virginity at 21 (there's a lot of people who lose their virginity in their 20s so don't worry). Dropped out of college once, failed the second time. Did odd jobs for awhile (cleaned toilets in a nightclub, unloaded trucks at 5am). I currently have very little friends at the moment because they were obnoxious and slowly became drug addict.

Now I'm back in college, have a side job.

It takes steps. Your life doesn't become perfect in one day.

So you're not fucked. Just try to know what you want from life and do what you have to do day by day.
>>
>>16606342
You're living such a terrible life while the people you know have one miles better. Life isn't a race, but it becomes if you choose to have a good one. And losing virginity at 21 is really fucked up by modern standards.
>>
>>16606380
>You're living such a terrible life while the people you know have one miles better.
Most of the people I know are in the same spot so I don't think so.
My life is pretty good no matter what. I'm pretty healthy and things are going my way.

>by modern standards
If you care about that, I'm sorry for you anon.
>>
>>16606393
>Most of the people I know are in the same spot so I don't think so.
My life is pretty good no matter what. I'm pretty healthy and things are going my way.
So you have a hot gf, drive a decent car, have your own house?

>If you care about that, I'm sorry for you anon.
How is it possible to not care for that, you're signed up on facebook.
>>
>>16606409
>So you have a hot gf, drive a decent car, have your own house?
I'm not American, so your standards are completely biased.

>How is it possible to not care for that, you're signed up on facebook.
I don't have that ;-)
>>
>>16606417
>I'm not American, so your standards are completely biased.
I'm not American either, still most of 19 yo people i know have their own car and hot gf.

>I don't have that ;-)
I don't have one either, but it only means we are both socially retarded people who nobody needs.
>>
19 isn't even that young to be a virgin, it's just a meme that everyone losses their virginity at 16.

From 18-22 its all about figuring shit out and trying new things. There's still some non zero chance of finding a girl who isn't a slut yet at that age too.

Stop wasting your valuable time being a whiny little shit, and go try things, have a plan to improve yourself. There's still plenty of time for you.
>>
>>16606441
>Stop wasting your valuable time being a whiny little shit, and go try things, have a plan to improve yourself. There's still plenty of time for you.
How if i'm afraid of people? They certainly don't accept me for who i am.
>>
>>16606461
sure they do.
not all of them do, but guess what, some frat boy is going to feel pretty unwanted at a MLP convention.

everyone is different and most people will dislike you, but they'll dislike most other people too. the trick is to find what random shit that looks appealing, then go balls deep and meet like minded people. repeat until one sticks and you find the group of dudes who are as autistic as you.
>>
>>16606529
>you find the group of dudes who are as autistic as you.
Well if autistic as me, then it's not a great idea. Btw i'm not autistic, just sick.
>>
sounds like OP's problem is he's a tool who will never get it
>>
>>16606897
Explain why im a tool.
>>
>>16605959
what? the titanic collided in 1912.
>>
File: steve-harvey.jpg (11 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
steve-harvey.jpg
11 KB, 300x214
>>16606928
oh excuse me

this guy is a tool I didn't realize it wasn't OP

>>16606380
>>16606409
>>16606435

OP may or may not be a tool
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.