[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend wants me to move in with her. Problem is, she lives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1449189677431.jpg (242 KB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449189677431.jpg
242 KB, 1300x1000
My girlfriend wants me to move in with her. Problem is, she lives in a small town in the midwest. It's basically the middle of nowhere. I'm NEET and so is she (living on disability). I'm worried about starting over in an unfamiliar down and being isolated alone with her. Neither of us has any friends or any hobbies outside of vidya.

Need advice from people who have been in similar situations.... Maybe this is the kickstart I need right now? I've been wasting my life doing nothing in my parents house.
>>
Hi Midwesterner here. Yeah I would say just play more online games with her. Or check out your nearest anime convention that is available in your state.
>>
>>16532172
>Problem is, she lives in a small town in the midwest. It's basically the middle of nowhere. I'm NEET and so is she (living on disability). I'm worried about starting over in an unfamiliar down and being isolated alone with her. Neither of us has any friends or any hobbies outside of vidya.
I moved to a small town in the bible belt to be with someone I had fallen in love with online, but we had repeatedly met beforehand. While I'm happy to be with him, and the area is beautiful, there's nothing to do and not much work to be found. If she's disabled, and you can't find a proper job, you are putting yourself in a really bad situation. If you do decide to go through with this, don't move. Two people living on one person's disability isn't going to cut it.
>>
>>16532228
>If you do decide to go through with this, don't move.
What I mean to say is that she should be the one to come to you. There's probably more opportunity in your area.
>>
>>16532234
>>16532228
We have also met beforehand, visiting for a number of years. There is min wage work in her area but nothing great.... Although I am not qualified for much in my area and the cost of living is very high.
>>
>>16532254
Where do you live? Minimum wage isn't sustainable no matter where you go, but at least you currently have opportunities in your area if you decide to act upon it. You certainly won't find any where she is, because rural areas are a pain in the fucking ass. And if you lose your job for whatever reason, or lose mobility, you're royally fucked.
>>
>>16532172
Convince her to move to northern Illinois. Nice people and towns hear, easy to understand accent too. We talk a little faster though. Also we call crayfish craw dad's. Most of us spell color as colour.
>>
>>16532172
If you're a neet and have no hobby but vidya it shouldn't matter where you live because you're inside not talking to anybody anyways

If you move you have one more person in your life
>>
>>16532172
Two people on disability that have found each other and enjoy the same lifestyle. I'd say you shouldn't pass this up. Maybe you'll both gain some wisdom and experiences.
>>
>>16532172

Whoever drew this, I will commission art from you in a week, I swear.
>>
>>16532267
Sorry for disappearing. I live in Philly. Because I have no work history or degree, all I can do is start at min wage no matter where I live. Part of me feels like it's easier to make that work in an area where the cost of living is easier. Part of me feels like as you said, work would be scarce and if I get fired I'd be screwed. Though her parents help out a bit, so I would have time to think of what to do.

>>16532584
I was thinking this. Though being alone with someone can be worse than being alone in some cases.

My parents are very against this and I don't know what they'd do if I moved in with her. But if I stay here I'd probably just waste more of my life away.
>>
>>16532912
Save up a bit? Put some money aside in case shit goes south.

Good luck lad
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.