[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
women/men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1300248976434.png (3 KB, 168x264) Image search: [Google]
1300248976434.png
3 KB, 168x264
Do you think there is really that much of a difference between men and women on the inside? I think there exists a feminine and a masculine but I don't think there is more of one or the other in each person. I think we are conditioned to act one or the other but both are inside us.

What do you think of my theory? Masculine people, would you say you have some femininity inside you and vice versa? Come come, be honest. This is an anonymous image board afterall.
>>
>what is the differences in genetics and hormones

is this really your attempt at abstract thought?
>>
I'm in a little of both of them ;) Don't know if that counts.
>>
It's a stupid theory. Men and women behave in different ways because, evolutionarily speaking, we're designed for different roles. Notice how gender roles are evinced by other great apes as well, to say nothing of lower primates or other mammals. Notice also how even societies isolated from each other tend to develop similar (though obviously not identical) gender roles over time. And I'm speaking as someone who has actually worked as an anthropologist (well, anthropology degree, worked as a linguist and archaeologist) -- the nature vs. nurture debate is far from solved but claiming it's all, or even mostly, societal conditioning, is just ignorant. Sorry.

That's not to say, of course, that men and women can't display traits that typically belong to the other gender, and so on. No one's claiming individual variation doesn't matter.

Also, this really doesn't belong on advice.
>>
>>16530866
I think a lot of people have your theory, and it's nothing new. I think it's a reasonable simple idea. And like you and every one like you, I think you're stupid.

Right off the bat we have different sexual reproduction organs, both take different tolls on the body, unfortunately. Women's biological organs take far more out of woman than the men's. Next on, average different hormones are produced in the bodies of people unless they have a serious medical issue. These chemicals not only alter the physical development of bodies(bone density, reaction time, muscle growth, fat use.) They also alter the brain, how it functions, hence how it thinks.

Without even going any deeper than that, these are all inarguable scientific, verifiable facts. These create many differences, and as life is not the easiest thing, people tend to fall into the biological rolls they were born into. It makes sense men were dominant for so long, it makes sense that now life is easier women are filling in different rolls.

When everything goes back to shit, all you fuck heads will be purged, as these types of ideas are not sustainable outside of luxurious, peaceful societies.
>>
>>16530883
>>16530886
so you guys are saying there is no such thing as gender equality?

That it's all just bullshit?
and when shit hits the fan women will be raped and forced to be baby machines and so on
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 520x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 520x391
>>16530866
The differences between men and women are wider than any ocean. Both have completely different thought patterns, emotions, and reactions to daily occurrences. Their physical makeup is also vastly different
>>
There isn't THAT much of a difference, after all we are all people, but there are differences. Some of them come from differences in inherent abilities, others come from social adaptation, others simply come from society's view of masculinity and feminity. In reality, there are 7 billion of us and all of them have a bit different traits, some masculine, some feminine.
Everyone experiences their lives in a bit different way, shaped by their experiences and interaction with the outside world. What made the human species successful is the abitity to adapt and using our abilities in novel ways to overcome obsticles. This is what most people do. They use their inherent abilities to overcome what life gives them and as a result their personality and traits change as a result of the experience. A personality is made by the sum of the experiences that person had until that point plust the things they were born with.
This personality can be judged as masculine or feminine by society, but this can vary wildly from person to person.
>>
>>16530893
You're being pretty imprecise with your language but I'll respond all the same. When people say men and women behave differently they don't necessarily mean one set of behaviors is "better" or "worse" (some people do mean that, of course -- but pretty much every qualified anthropologist will admit we're different and none of them attach any such value judgments to it, it's just a statement of fact.) As an example, women tend to be more selective when it comes to choosing sexual partners. Is that better or worse than being indiscriminate? That depends on your values; I'd say it's neither. It's just how it is.

Also, to be clear, when people (educated people, anyway) say that men and women tend to behave differently as a result of our biology, they're not denying that societal gender roles do exist. Sometimes they run counter to our biological gender roles and sometimes they simply reinforce them, though ultimately they all are traceable back to our biology. In theory, anyway.
>>
>>16530886
>Calls people retarded and fuck heads
>Doesn't know that it's "role" not "roll"
Your argument is sound but you should avoid calling people stupid if you can't even handle English.
>>
>>16530919
>>16530886
good posts, almost unexpected quality on this board.
>>
I'd say we're more similar than dissimilar. But there are still important differences, generally speaking. People underestimate how significant a small difference can be.

>>16530893
If we go mad max tier, to a degree probably. The Russians in Germany are a more recent example. Women generally speaking arent very good fighters, and sex is often treated as a commodity in and of itself.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.