[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the career life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 40%offattheloft.png (966 KB, 1440x1034) Image search: [Google]
40%offattheloft.png
966 KB, 1440x1034
This whole young woman career thing is really boring.
>got tons of extra money
>have no desire to buy shit anymore because I have everything I want

My friends are still working at Taco Bell with their Master's degrees and I'm making bank with my 24 community college credits. Hanging out with them feels like high school. It's weird and I don't know what to do.

I recently broke up with my boyfriend because he didn't want to have fun, was always negative, and was turning into a kek.

Is this career thing worth it? It can be isolating when no one you know is in a similar job path and it's really hard to find a patriotic white alpha male to enjoy the money with. I feel like something has change before I become an uncaring, unfulfilled drone.
>>
>>16528687

get a hobby?
money isn't supposed to be precisely what makes you happy, it's supposed to fuel the things that make you happy. So yeah buying things and hanging out with your friends after work is going to get boring. you need other pursuits.
if I had all the money I wanted I'd be travelling around the world, or buying all the art supplies I needed to practice enough to be a master, or spending it all on training and equipment to be a top fighter, stupid shit like that

if you don't want a boyfriend and find your friends boring, don't waste time on them.
>>
>>16528696
You're right I am wasting time that's why I'm bored.
>>
>>16529009

time to start investing in yourself in areas outside of your career
>>
>>16528696

This.

Money is a means to an end, it should not be an end in itself.

Go out and try new things, find something that drives you and is a good money sink. It could be a cause, a hobby or a bit of both.

Set yourself a goal. Travel is a good one because you can make it very expensive and be as creative with your options as you like, it will give you an end goal where that money will actually go to.

Also remember that after 5-10 years that career will likely bore you to tears, so maybe use that money to get some professional qualifications/courses in other career paths that interest you?
>>
>>16528687
iktf anon, i'm in the same boat. i have tons of hobbies but i'm so underwhelmed by everything..

maybe we both just need a change in pace, meet new people and do new things.
>>
>patriotic

Damn, funny how one word makes someone instantly unattractive
>>
>>16528687

It's not a career thing, it's becoming successful while your socio-economic circle remains the same, i.e. your friends.

I'm a 26 sociopathic fag and experienced similar results. I have failed 2 colleges but I'm making the most money out of my peer group and family.

The thing is, the proletarians don't like successful people. If you wish to mix them well, you have to downplay yourself. Have better clothes for working but wear cheap shit when out with your friends.

I own a small software company, but I learned not to share it. When people ask I just say I'm in IT. Usually no follow-up questions.

If you want to read about the topic in-depth, I suggest the book 48 Laws of Power.
>>
>Womyn falling for the "a career is fulfilling and makes you happy" meme
Should been a housewife.
>>
>>16528687

The baitiest b8 I ever did r8 as shite.
>>
>>16529059
Yeah feeling underwhelmed by doing the same old shit.
>>
>>16528687
Humblebrag enough you insufferable cunt? Fuck off.
>>
>>16529495
>humblebrag
Not everyone that posts on 4chan is NEET like you, faggot.
>>
>>16528687
life really isn't this black or white.
>>
>>16529521
>Implying I'm a neet
>Implying that changes whether or not you're humblebragging
Kill yourself for all of our sakes.
>>
>>16529534

lmao why so insecure
>>
>>16529540
Whore, I'm quite secure.
>>
>>16528687
How old are you? I totally relate. I just turned 19, work full time at a real job, all my friends either work fast food or similar, or I don't see because they're in school. I'm so bored now.
>>
>>16529540
Not that anon, but your OP did have a really holier than thou ring to it. And it's not just because you're a working woman. I'm a career set female too.

But now you're just throwing typical male-targeted insults (ie insecure, NEET, faggot). Confirming cuntiness. C'mon now.
>>
>>16529549

I'm not OP, but I'm sure he'd love to assume so to make himself feel better about being called out
OP wasn't being holier than thou, she was stating facts. She's bored, she's financially secure. If that is holier than thou to you then there is REAL insecurity there. I don't get butt flustered when my friends talk about salaries if they make more than me because I'm not personally wounded by other's success

>>16529543
aw I can tell
>>
File: heh.png (93 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
93 KB, 1198x1200
>>
>>16529587
>bored because life is so together
>bored because have too much money
>bored because friends work at taco bell and that somehow makes them boring
>bored because bf wasn't fun

I'm a successful woman at a younger age as well. But maybe she wouldn't be so bored if she didn't act like she was on a pedestal higher than everyone else around her. Hell, I've been grateful as fuck for the independence I've come to. And I can still hang out with friends that aren't as successful as me without that aching feeling of something "missing." But I guess that's because the only thing I take home from my career is my paycheck.
>>
>>16529235
>would have ended up a housewife to some minimum wage taco bell kekold living in a trailer

Damn sounds amazing
>>
whats a good job for a 26 year old male NEET?
>>
>>16529639
Well you are supposed to be a housewife to a winner not a loser. Why date a loser?

>>16529645
Learn a trade
>>
>>16529912
Doesn't sound like she knows many winners
>>
File: Long_D.jpg (5 KB, 139x140) Image search: [Google]
Long_D.jpg
5 KB, 139x140
>>1652961
>But I guess that's because the only thing I take home from my career is my paycheck.

Daaaayuuuumnnnn.
>>
>noveau riche being disillusioned with the lifestyle they've chosen

can you be any more of a cliche
>>
>>16528687
>I recently broke up with my boyfriend because he didn't want to have fun, was always negative, and was turning into a kek.

OP is really concerned about being an uncaring whore who wants to bang "mature" guys from work but doesn't want to come out and say it.

I'm calling this one in.
>>
>it's really hard to find a patriotic white alpha male to enjoy the money with
Christians singles dot com
>>
>>16528687
OP I'm young, successful, and white but romantically I wouldn't go near the type of woman who enters into the career world.

To me what women like you do strikes me a bit, to use an example familiar with this site, like when a guy becomes a trap in a completely desperate attempt to get women in his life because he has this backwards idea that femininity in males is what draws women to men.

In that way I believe after reading your thread that your 'boredom' is actually just romantic abandon and it's the result of you tying to emulate men in their lifestyle as a desperate way of having them in your life, because, you can't otherwise come into contact with the type you're attracted to.

As you expressed you feared if you had become a housewife that equates to you necessarily having ended up with a lesser man.

So you feel you aren't attractive enough to be a housewife.
>>
be a slut
>>
>>16528687
>dumps boyfriend for being boring after just stating how it's weird to hang out with friends and how you're becoming a workaholic.

You're looking way too out of the box. First off, you create your own happiness; your boyfriend, friends, etc, should not be the scapegoat for why you're dull/unhappy. If you have tons of money, then you shouldve used it to travel with your boyfriend or what have you. Working is a part of life, you're an adult now and you have to accept the fact that you have responsibilities and can't party and do whatever the hell you want to anymore.
>>
Can't you find a fucking hobby or endeavor? What the fuck are you doing when you're not working?
Scrolling through Pinterest or Facebook?

There are literally thousands of things you could do that would be a worthy use of your time

A patriotic white alpha male would never complain about something like this
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.