[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really true that everyone has something that they are good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1456834749312.png (243 KB, 1200x928) Image search: [Google]
1456834749312.png
243 KB, 1200x928
Is it really true that everyone has something that they are good at or that gives them value? I have a lot of trouble taking steps to stop hating myself, mostly because whenever I read about peoples suggestions I identify the suggestions as being feel-good advice with no real substance.

Some examples:
-you should love yourself because you are unique (my immediate thoughts on that are that just because you are one-of-a-kind does not mean that you are valuable)
-everyone is good at something (I just don't actually believe it's absolutely true, more like almost everyone is good at something, except me)
-don't compare yourselves to others, it's a fruitless endeavor since you can't be anyone except yourself (while I agree that you can only be yourself, literally everyone else will always be comparing you against your peers so you're only hurting and deluding yourself by being unaware of how you stack up)
-love yourself because nobody owes you love, so you may be the only person who loves yourself (I agree with this too, but it's pitiful and also sort of deluding yourself. If nobody else cares for you is there something wrong with everyone else, or is there something wrong with you?)

I obviously don't want to hate myself so much but I have trouble accepting (as in don't accept) advice that sounds like pandering.
>>
You are not important. No one is special. Life has no value. You will most likely lead a hedonistic life with little value. Get over it or kill yourself
>>
>>17370723
Tried and failed. Literally can't even do that right. Next piece of advice?
>>
>>17370723
You know what you're right. If my self-loathing ass ever becomes successful by some fluke I'm going to fuck everyone in the ass like Martin Shkreli and extort you all for all the money you've got.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.