[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recently turned 18 and started drinking at pubs etc. the de-facto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 620x413
recently turned 18 and started drinking at pubs etc. the de-facto "leader" of my group of friends doesn't like the custom of everyone buying a round of drinks, as it apparently "costs too much". Because of this, we all just kind of awkwardly buy all of our drinks for ourselves like a bunch of isolationists when we go out. Am I correct in thinking my friend probably has some kind of learning difficulty if he struggles to comprehend the rationale behind this universal tradition?
>>
>>17370242
>Am I correct in thinking my friend probably has some kind of learning difficulty if he struggles to comprehend the rationale behind this universal tradition?

Err... Learning deficiency? Are you implying a certain over-used 4chan word that starts with an A?

He's probably socially inept.

You're 18. Do whatever the fuck you want. Be an adult. Stop being a sheep. If he doesn't want to get drinks with you guys, he can buy his own round.
>>
>>17370242

The fact that you and a gaggle of other assholes go out and actually do things you don't want to do because your "leader" says so is pretty sad.

He might have a learning disability but the rest of you must have a social one for actually listening to him.
>>
I use the term "leader" as a shorthand - it's more that I'm a quiet guy and my suggestion that we do a rounds system was swiftly rejected by him. I'm right in thinking you end up paying the same amount if you buy drinks for everyone as just yourself?
>>
Dead simple. Just ask "anyone want to get in a round" and people who don't can get their own drinks, and people who do have the pleasure of being in a round.

Sometimes it makes sense not to be in a round if girls are buying expensive cocktails and you're just on bitter, or if someone drinks much slower than others. Your friend/leader/King sounds like a moron thou.
>>
>>17370242
>Buying drinks one by one is weird
Fuck you no it's not. This is the defacto way my friends and I buy drinks.
>>
Must be a cultural thing. Over here, we all buy our own booze unless we're feeling extra charitable, no one thinks anything of it. You normally pay all your drinks at the end at a pub where I come from, so its a single transaction
>>
>>17370289

>I'm right in thinking you end up paying the same amount if you buy drinks for everyone as just yourself?

Not really. You're assuming that everyone wants to drink the same amount, in the same amount of time. You're also assuming everyone wants to drink the same thing. Different drinks come at different prices.

When I go out with friends, it's not uncommon for someone to treat the group to a round of drinks, but that's a gift not an obligation. For the most part, everyone orders what they want, and pays for what they order.
>>
He might be poor senpai, can't afford to buy rounds for everyone
>>
>>17370242
Buying rounds is nice when you're an established adult with a real job who can take a hit.
It makes most sense financially when you all have the same taste in drinks and when there are an equal amount of people to the amount of rounds that you will be drinking.

So if there are three of you, and you all like beer, and all three of you want to drink three beers tonight, buying rounds makes sense. People can feel a little charitable, but you're coming out to the same total anyways.

Any more than that, and that means that it's expected to rotate over get togethers. And that means that there is someone who will end up paying every time, and someone who won't be paying as much as they should.

I never buy rounds. Sometimes I'll pick up the drink for a pal when it's just the two of us, but that's financially possible for me. I don't expect them to pay me back or anything.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.