[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a frustrated animator, the new generation of animators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mv6j4w0zLw1s7jwf5o3_1280.jpg (784 KB, 700x681) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv6j4w0zLw1s7jwf5o3_1280.jpg
784 KB, 700x681
I'm a frustrated animator, the new generation of animators fucks me in all ways. I just don't know what to do now. I'm 25, no job and unmotivated.

How do I find a way to continue with my life?
>>
get a real job
>>
>>17370102
it is a real job you idiot
>>
Stop pigeonholing yourself and try a different job for awhile. See if you really love animation and want to spend your life doing it, or if you just convinced yourself it was your dream and felt obligated to see it through.
>>
>>17370105
if you didn't go to calarts and make enough connections to have your friends get you a job right out of college then you've no chance of ever making it now

find a new path
>>
>>17370105
A real job that you don't seem to have lol.
>>
Seek inspiration in the world. Travel, stay up late, seek someone out, seek yourself out. Inspiration is all around us, it is just how the eye perceives things to be. And, if this "new generation" of animations bothers you, then create your own generation. Anything you create, can create something new my friend.
>>
File: tumblr_mnztm6UyP21s7jwf5o2_1280.jpg (198 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnztm6UyP21s7jwf5o2_1280.jpg
198 KB, 1280x905
>>17370102
Well, I'm trying.
>>17370106
Yup, I just don't enjoy animation anymore but I don't know to do anything else.
>>17370107
I agree, the internet is the only way to make a living with animation (No calarts degree)
>>17370129
Thank you! That's been working for me, but the inspiration is different to motivation.
>>
>>17370000

Retrain as a web designer.
It's not hard to learn html, and css.
You can get a job as a frontend designer just knowing those, then you can move onto javascript, and jquery.

Here are some examples of standalone frontends
https://wrapbootstrap.com

http://codepen.io

Software Developers typically hate doing frontend stuff, so you'd be a welcome addition to any serious software company.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.