[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>need a new anime When i was a teen i was into FMA and other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress.jpg (87 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress.jpg
87 KB, 610x343
>need a new anime
When i was a teen i was into FMA and other shonen
Grew up, been into other stuff
Recently started one punch man, and i finished Attack on titan and kabaneri of the iron fortress
I liked the latter the most. What are some other cool anime that have a decent end (iron fortress had a shitty end imo) you would recommend? With similar style would be awesome.
>>
Go watch Jojo if you're into shonen

Also Code Geass
>>
>>17368772
Code Geass is a great suggestion
>>
>>17368667
Give Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Beebop a try
>>
>>17368772
JoJo is good, but read the manga, and CG is utter shit.

>>17368667
Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renemei, Ping Pong The Animation, Tatami Galaxy, Kemonozume, Boogiepop Phantom, Kaiba, Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, Paprika, Mind Game, Legend Of The Galactic Heroes (best anime ever made), War In the Pocket OVA, Seirei No Moribito, Neon Genesis Evangelion (original show + End Of Evangelion movie), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Turn A Gundam, Mobile Suit Votoms, Ghost In The Shell (movie 1, 2 is pretentious garbage), Ghost In THe Shell : Stand Alone Complex (both seasons, great show), Sword Of The Stranger, Ninja Scroll, Shigurui, Rurouni Kenshin Trust And Betrayal OVA (Almost perfect), Basilisk, Inferno Cop, Shinsekai Yori (one of the better show of late, great antagonist), Rose Of Versailles, Baccano!(Tarantino the anime), Monster, Kaiji, Akagi, One Outs etc.

If you read mango, check these out: Vinland Saga, Vagabond, Blade Of The Immortal, Blame!, Biomega, JoJo (parts 4,5,6,7 and 8 are some good stuff, much better than first three), Liar Game, Yotsuba, Punpun, Planetes, Benkei In New York etc.
>>
>>17368790
Forgot to mention these, both are cool episodic stuff. Also, if you like episodic stuff, OP, check out Kino's Journey and Mushishi, top tier stuff.
>>
>>17368772
>>17368778
if you check out Code Geass, ignore the character designs, they're done by Clamp so they're weird.
>>
>>17368778
If he's new to anime, because CG has almost any anime trope in it. It's a copy of LOGH, it's trash.
>>
if you want something with a good ending i recommend you watching Overlord or mahouka koukou rettousei since these two animes are clearly my top favorite. Also i could recommend you watching rakudai kishi no cavalry
>>
>>17368822
Dubs are wrong. Overlord is worse than SAO, and that's really hard to beat. Boring MC, boring side characters which are barely developed, generic MMORPG setting, shitty CGI. If you want MMORPG stuff, watch Log Horizon season 1, it's okay, but better than SAO and OVerlord.
>>
>>17368826
well if you think madhouse makes shitty anime quality since they made both Overlord and mahouka but that's just your opinion of things and I respect that. Everybody has their own taste
>>
>>17368839
Madhouse isn't a powerhouse like they used to be, nowadays they need to produce trash tier stuff like Overlord and No Game No Life to get some $$$. They are the guys that made Monster, LOGH, Paranoia Agent etc., really makes you think how the mighty have fallen. True, everybody has their own opinion, but not every opinion is the correct one. IN this case, I guess you're pretty newbieish in anime industry, so that would explain your shitty taste, but Overlord is typical modern garbage. You can still like shit stuff, but don't make gold out of shit, because shit is always shit, even if you add a bit of gold on it.
>>
>>17368847
wouldn't this arguement go to the point that your taste in animu is shit? im no critic but people have their own preferences on what they want to watch. Maybe your just that kind of guy that thinks highly of himself since your going like my taste is better than your taste kind of thing if this thread is just going to be derailed into this kind of thing idk, better put out the fire rather than fanning it to make it bigger.
>>
>>17368792
hey you seem very knowledgeable. can you recommend me something along the lines of kemonozume, kuuchuu buranko or madoka?
I guess they're kinda different from each other but I'm looking for more experimental stuff that's still entertaining to watch. I'm already familiar with the ABe stuff and some of the animes in your list, but by far not all of them.
>>
>>17368859
Angel's Egg, Cat Soup, and maybe Paprika could be the thing you're looking for. Try those, if you already didn't watch them. If you liked Madoka, Neon Genesis Evangelion would suit you, but I think you've already seen it. You could say that Satoshi Kon's stuff is pretty experimental, so check out his movie if you didn't already. Hopefully, this helps.
>>17368858
They have their own preferences, but that doesn't mean they have quallity ones. You're saying that Overlord has any merit, but it's typical modern garbage. Generic MMO/RPG fantasy setting, boring MC, barely developed side characters that are mostly saying "WOAH, HOW IS MC SO STRONG?!" etc. Why do you think Overlord is good? Explain, and correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>17368869
thank you very much! already saw angels egg and cat soup, but will have a look at satoshi kon's stuff
>>
>>17368881
I'm glad I was of help, enjoy the ride, anon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.