[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I have a bit of a scenario to describe. I am 19, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1450474918432.jpg (42 KB, 599x383) Image search: [Google]
1450474918432.jpg
42 KB, 599x383
Hey guys, I have a bit of a scenario to describe.
I am 19, and live with my parents. I am a typical 4chan user, and would like nothing more than to sleep and play vidya. I do have a part-time job that brings in decent money, but my parents dont feel as tho im contributing enough and demand that i work 8 hours a day around the house (cleaning, housework, carpentry), and say that if i dont like it i can leave. Were i t do this, i would have nothing but the car i bought and my meager wages to live off of (around 200 a week). Any advice? im just about sick of this and am wondering if life on my own would be worth it.
>>
man i was in the same place only a couple of weeks ago
its like seeing my self post.
what i did was work hard and saved a lot of money.
working gave me so much energy that i could help around the house.
and i got my first girlfriend at work so now i have no time to play vidya.

so my advice is work hard at work and at home and enjoy every second of vidya.
especially at home because if your parents love you they'll help you
i helped my parents so much they bought me my first car
>>
hit up a college for people looking for roomates, might be able to find someone who wants to split a room. don't know how many hours you are working, but if you bumped them up it would be less then contributing around your house. How much is rent around your place of living?
>>
>>17367496
It's a power play. Your parents want you to try and move out or advance in life. They don't want to see you waste so much time.

So decide what you want. Do you want to join the workforce and get a place of your own? Do you want to get an education?
Once you decide, come up with a plan, present it to your parents and ask for their help. They will back off of the 8 hours a day thing for as long as they see you working toward this plan. They may even help you financially if you move out.
>>
>>17367496
What exactly is so wrong about your parents' request?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.