[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live about 120 miles from a major city (Los Angeles). There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: OkCupid_Logo_1.jpg (28 KB, 310x206) Image search: [Google]
OkCupid_Logo_1.jpg
28 KB, 310x206
I live about 120 miles from a major city (Los Angeles). There is nobody really here where I live. As a result, I feel like I'm being ignored on OKCupid very often because of my location.

The thing is, I travel to LA 2-5 times a month for fun.

I was thinking about changing my location to Los Angeles and, in my self-summary, clarifying that I don't actually live in LA, but I travel there often.

Does this sound like a good idea?
>>
If you're willing to travel for a girl, the put your location in the area that you will travel too. If she's really interested as you are, she won't mind you traveling, and vis-versa. But I wouldn't say it's unwise to clarify that you are open to travel.

Goodluck out there mate, you'll find the right one.
>>
And hey, if she's not your type, after your date, fuck it, go to a bar or pub and have a drink, who knows you might meet someone there too.

If the date is bad, enjoy yourself in the city.
>>
Damn what city do you live in? Just curious cuz I live in Hesperia myself
>>
>>17367297

>25 miles from los angeles

muh nieghbor.

try it and see what happens, its not like you can get worse results.if its los angeles area, id recommedn just not mentioning you go there often. just act like your area is part of the greater los angeles area.
>>
>>17367297
>I was thinking about changing my location to Los Angeles and, in my self-summary, clarifying that I don't actually live in LA, but I travel there often.

In your current profile do you mention you travel to LA often? Why not look for singles in your area? Why does it have to be specifically LA?

Also, if they didn't read your profile before, what makes you think they'd read it with the location change?

>Does this sound like a good idea?
Go for it. However keep in mind you may be violating the site's rules by stating you are not actually at the location you listed.
>>
>>17367355
Boron. It's up near Cal City. How's Hesparia?

>>17367357
I don't want to start out with a lie, though.

Where are you from?
>>
>>17367297
Dude 120 miles is pretty fucking far from Los Angeles. There's like 20 other major cities in that radius

But yeah give that idea a shot, I mean it'll probably mitigate the getting ignored part, and you can see what happens after that. Most of them I do feel will still get put off by that distance though
>>
>>17367362
>In your current profile do you mention you travel to LA often?

Yes but I feel like I'm not even getting looked at because they hover over my name and don't even respond when they see my location.

>Why not look for singles in your area?

I live in a town with a population of 2,500. There's a few bigger cities 50-80 miles away but I all the girls I find there on OKC are either ugly or too conservative. Also I never go to those cities, but I do go to LA.
>>
>>17367365

i live in hollywood

>i dont want to start otu with a lie

its not a lie, you live in the greater los angeles area. do you think girls are gonna be like

>ANON IT TAKES YOU HALF AN HOUR TO GET HERE HOW DARE YOU BETRAYED ME TROLOLOLOL

>>17367366
>>17367366

>120 miles

totally read this wrong, thought OP said twenty miles.

never mind OP. dont do this, just go date girls in real life you arent going to be able to meet anyone for just a cop of coffee if ur 120 miles away
>>
>>17367366
>Dude 120 miles is pretty fucking far from Los Angeles.

>There's like 20 other major cities in that radius

The nearest cities with decent populations (100k+) are 80 miles away from me. Where I live there's only ~2,500 people. OKCupid doesn't show anyone within 25 miles of me and only a few (mostly undesirable) people within 50 miles of me.

Besides, it's only a 2 hour drive that I make 2-5 times a month anyway.
>>
>>17367368

maybe you should start going to those cities adn actually exploring.

you sound awfully dismissive man
>>
>>17367377
But I have no reason to go to those cities. I work full time and all the time I spend outside is already taken up by LA.

>never mind OP. dont do this, just go date girls in real life you arent going to be able to meet anyone for just a cop of coffee if ur 120 miles away

Probably what I'll have to end up doing. Thanks, man.
>>
Hah. I live in LA, and I'm looking for women who aren't from this shithole.
>>
>>17367365
HOly I thought Victor Valley was already pretty bad in terms of location. Like most nights back in high school my friends and I just bummed around McDonalds but there were still things to do, and Victorville was like right there. I cant imagine what it's like out in Boron.
>>
>>17367382

>but i dont go to those cities

go there anyway. they are cities there are plenty to do..

or just keep whining about how the universei s conspiring against you.
>>
>>17367390
Bruh, it kinda blows. I mean I don't mind it because I only moved here to save up so I could move to Portland in a couple years. I came from the San Francisco Bay Area, though, so the whole "middle of nowhere" thing took awhile to get used to.

What's in Victorville? I only go there for Costco and the few people I've talked to who lived there said they just said that they go to LA for fun.

>>17367391
Calm down bruh.
>>
>>17367371
I mean I agree with OP on his idea, but that's still a 2 hours drive one way AT LEAST. I feel many girls would be off put by that distance, and rightfully so as it's basically long distance at that point.
>>
>>17367399
I mean it's a decently sized city, there's lots of shopping centers, food. Pretty ok for a high schooler, but I'd imagine adults would want to make the trip to LA to do other stuff.
>>
>>17367417
That's the impression I got. Well, that and the drivers there are assholes.

Whatever. I guess I'll deal with meeting people in meat space.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.