[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking to self teach myself to drive. I got a car and a huge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Driving.jpg (287 KB, 3000x1984) Image search: [Google]
Driving.jpg
287 KB, 3000x1984
looking to self teach myself to drive.
I got a car and a huge empty parking lot to myself.
Is it possible and if so where do I need to look for info and tutorials.

also I'll be driving a manual car.
>>
Yes, it's possible, but you might damage the car, someone else or their property.

Get a realistic car simulator with a clutch and drive that first
>>
Tutorial:
>get in
>put seatbelt on
>make sure handbrake is on
>Press the clutch pedal to the bottom, and keep it there
>move the gear stick to first position
>fully press the brake pedal
>start the engine (fully rotate the key)
>disengage hand brake
>slowly disengage brake pedal (if you're horizontal it should be ok)
>VERY slowly: disengage the clutch until the car starts shaking - keep it in position. if you disengage too much, the engine will die
>accelerate just slightly

Congratulations, you're a driver

To stop, press BOTH the clutch and brake pedals
>>
>>17365902
Also, to stop driving just follow the EXACT reverse order.

Leave the car with either 1st speed (if you're going up) or reverse speed engaged. (if you're going down). Don't leave it neutral unless the terrain is perfectly horizontal
>>
>>17365859
Spend $30-$50 on a good driving instructor. It's literally their job to know everything a learner would need to know.
They'd be able to teach you things you wouldn't even think would be nearly as important as they are.
Also, don't be an asshole and drive around without a learners permit or insurance, if you hit someone you're absolutely fucked and the person would more than likely call the cops and sue you for damages.
>>
>>17365931
driving school here is about 1500€
are there any private driver instructors?
>>
Are you sure it is even legal to learn to drive by yourself? Where I live it is mandatory to take classes and no one without a licence can drive alone.
Check the law before fucking up.
Also, invest on driving school. Driving isn't hard, but you can damage the car, have an accident, kill someone, die. Learn how to do it properly.
>>
>>17366038
I can study on my own and then just pass a test for around 200€.

instead of paying shit load for stuff that I can study alone
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.