[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have a really good friend >both of us went through horrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 0519___0Ow2bPv.png (148 KB, 636x657) Image search: [Google]
0519___0Ow2bPv.png
148 KB, 636x657
>have a really good friend
>both of us went through horrible ordeals with girls we loved last year
>promised each other to never let it get to us again
>this year end up liking the same girl at our new church
>he REALLY liked her
>but she REALLY liked me (she started dropping really obvious hints since the second time I spoke to her)
>told him go ask her out because it wasn't my thing to be asking girls out straight away especially if I see her every week anyway
>said to him if he tries and it doesn't work out, I'll try
>he tries
>only vaguely tells me about how he 'sort of tried' (wouldn't go into detail and accused me of probing him whenever I asked)
>starts dropping all the excuses in the world about how they weren't right for each other
>6 weeks past and he doesn't mention her at all >I ask her out
>she says yes
>3 weeks past and we (me and the girl) haven't met up yet but I tell him
>gets pissed angry like crazy
>ignoring me now
>other mutual friend says he's really down

What the hell do I make of this? Was I in the wrong?
>>
No. Your friend needs to get over himself and over her.

However, you should have probably told him that she was dropping obvious hints instead of leading him to his own doom
>>
>>17365315
I actually did. This was after 3rd week and I asked her out after about 6 weeks.
>>
>>17365315
What he ended up telling me on the night I told him I asked her out was that they had things going on in the background and that they organised two dates weeks ago.

I ruined everything now by asking her out.
>>
envy is a sin
>>
You're not in the wrong OP.
You were a bro, and respected your friend. It's not your fault he lied to you.
He'll be pissed, but it's his problem to deal with.
>>
>>17365307
Your friend shouldn't have been a pussy. You gave him plenty of time to ask her out but he didn't sack up.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.