[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to move at 19 or 20? Is it possible for me? I dont really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1468558339568.jpg (366 KB, 1800x1123) Image search: [Google]
1468558339568.jpg
366 KB, 1800x1123
How to move at 19 or 20? Is it possible for me?
I dont really know what I need in order to move out. Im 18 and already graduated hs 2 months ago. I have a part job that pays $11/hr and have about 1.3k saved up (not much and not full time). I live in CA in an area where housing is pretty expensive. I signed up for colleges but I still dont know what Im going to be. I chose between firefighting, EMT, or nursing but I havent been officially registered in any college. Other than that, Im basically living in a toxic family that I'd like to be out of. Anyone here moved out early and willing to give me some /adv/? pic unrelated
>>
My advice is not to become an EMT
>>
>>17365159
yes, i called up an apartment place, found roommates in the area, they grabbed the apartment, mailed my shit and grabbed a plane ticket (called the apartment place, explained the situation, they put me on the lease.)

flew out, stuff came in, moved it, found a job within the month, bam. moved.
>>
Best way would be to move into a college dorm. California is a fucking expensive place to live and going to college out of your resident state is ~15% more expensive on average.
>>
>>17365165
Why?
>>17365173
Damn, how old were you when you did this. It sounds so simple yet tedious, for me at least. I like to stick to the same city
>>17365178
True. It sounds like you some things about housing prices in CA. Do you know how much money I should save up and make per month. Im inexperienced with this stuff.
>>
I'm currently nineteen. I've been leasing an one-bedroom apartment for a year. My rent is $450 a month. First of all, look for deals like mine. Craigslist, apartments dot com. Even if they don't have exactly what you need, go to the leasing company's website and they probably have something else listed there.

Second, get a job serving at a restaurant. It's shit but until you can get someone (e.g. a significant other) to split costs with you, it can be a good job to cover the bills. If you need more money, take more tables and ask for more shifts. You'll more than likely be breaking even but it is what it is.

Third, READ YOUR FUCKING LEASE! It's not unheard of to get fucked over by landlords. Also, read reviews on the company, know who you're dealing with. Bigger property management groups are better, because they have no interest in your shitty, hot little one-bedroom apt, but have bigger properties to manage and tend to.

Fourthly, clean up for inspections. Don't worry about the carpet too badly, you can get it cleaned later, but always clean up any spills you clumsy fucker. If you can get a lasting lease with a company (two or more years) then that will look really good on your next rental application with another company.

You probably don't have great credit (neither do I) and no rental history, but it's not impossible. Someone will take a chance on you, and all you have to do is prove you're a good tenant who doesn't throw parties or run an opium den in your pad. Good luck my friend.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.