[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw yesterday I proposed to my girlfriend of three years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: gloryholeproposalthumb.jpg (33 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
gloryholeproposalthumb.jpg
33 KB, 250x250
>tfw yesterday I proposed to my girlfriend of three years at the park she used to frequent all throughout her childhood, where she always planned on getting married
>Got her the exact ring she wanted down to every last detail
>Got down on one knee and everything
>She said "Yes" and seemed really happy
>Today she tells me that she is disappointed that I didn't have a well thought out proposal speech prior to presenting the ring
>She states everything else was great, but overall she feels like it was a let-down because I didn't rehearse some nice things to say in the moment

Am I wrong to feel hurt by this? I feel like she's being ungrateful.
>>
>>17364557
You are not wrong, she is ungrateful.
>>
sounds really materialistic, but not in a physical material sense. spoiled? i'm not sure.

but yeah that's fucked up.
>>
Ditch her.
>>
>>17364557
>Am I wrong to feel hurt by this? I feel like she's being ungrateful.
That's because she is. She sounds like the type that's more in love with the idea of a grand, romantic wedding than the person she's with.

When my guy proposed to me, he gave me a ring out of a gumball machine until he was able to better himself and buy me something that would last. He also got down on one knee to ask me to check his head for lice as a proposal. It wasn't the most romantic thing in the world, but I was genuinely surprised and incredibly happy. If you marry this type of person, nothing will ever be good enough. She's holding you to impossible standards.
>>
She had seen too many movies.
>>
>>17364557

DO NOT MARRY THIS WOMAN. Your life will be a living hell.
>>
>>17364577
alright woah, we see this kind of crazy jump the gun shit all the time on here.

OP, talk to her. explain to her what you told us, but calmly and in a not so passive agressive manner. just nicely explain that you think it's kind of messed up she was let down by something trivial like that. that even though everything else was nice, she's letting that one thing bring her down and had to complain to you about it.

then, if she continues to be pissy about it, ditch her. but you've been together for three years, and you're asking for advice online. you probably won't follow it anyways, nobody would. you're going to try to make shit work anyways because of the bond you have, but things aren't looking good from here. that was fucked up and probably other fucked up things are going to happen in the future. see you in a couple years anon
>>
She seems to think she lives in a fairy tale.

If you two are truly connected with each other, she should know that what you have is what matters - that you will care about her. Still... It doesn't necessarily mean she just isn't worth marrying.

Don't let it frustrate you. She might become a bit more realistic instead of focusing on these fanciful ideals.
>>
>>17364557

Overall, it was a let down because of one small thing?

This is her honest opinion, it seems. You can express your honest opinion to her too, that you are hurt by this, and you really tried to nail all the details. Perhaps, skip mentioning that you feel she's ungrateful. See how she responds.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.