[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What drink should a man order on a date with a girl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1468572749327.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468572749327.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
What drink should a man order on a date with a girl?
>>
Unless you can properly drink hard liquor and can hold your liquor, drink beer or something like jack and coke. Something watered down that you can sip without looking like a faggot

Nothing is more unattractive than a man who is fucked up, slurring his speech, acting like a fool.
>>
I didn't realize drinks had genders, order whatever the fuck you want you beta
>>
A beer, faggot.
>>
Just order something that sounds delicous. Youre not on this planet to follow the status quo with your date beverage haha.. Its cheesy but own it and then youre COOL
>>
Drink whatever the fuck you want. If you try to drink what you think she wants to see, well... she'll detect what a pussy you're being.
>>
>>17364559
I drink but I recently moved to the city and I've never really been to a bar before. What's the etiquette? What kind of drink would you recommend for a guy that likes bourbon, whiskey, and gin primarily?

One of my big setbacks is I don't really know the names of the liquor off the top of my head and don't know cocktails or mixed drinks well enough because I always just drank things straight
>>
Guys please I grew up on a really isolated farm and dying really know what's common place for people to order. I know I should drink what I like but I'm just looking for suggestions
>>
just get a soda
>>
>>17364593
*Don't really know

Sorry
>>
>>17364585
Tom Collins is an OK gin drink

Add the lemon juice, simple syrup and gin to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake well and strain into a highball or Collins glass filled with fresh ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a lemon wheel and a cherry.

I usually stick to straight whiskey, if I mix whiskey it's whiskey and coke (really good for what it is), and if I'm on a date I drink beer to maintain control

Look up some fancy drinks online if you're set on ordering something fancy, but the important thing to remember is not to get super trashed
>>
>>17364585

If you're going to a nice cocktail bar and you like whiskey then order an Old Fashioned, Manhattan, or Whiskey Sour. You could also try gin drinks: Aviation, Tom Collins, or Gin Rickey.

A dive bar will fuck all of those up badly, so just get a whiskey on the rocks or a whiskey & soda.
>>
>>17364598
>>17364604
Thanks guys
>>
File: fedora_fail_10.jpg (136 KB, 625x607) Image search: [Google]
fedora_fail_10.jpg
136 KB, 625x607
>>17364604
No.
>>
Just ask for a gin and tonic. It is a classy, safe choice. It is pretty tasty drink as well!
>>
>choosing drinks based off how you think strangers will judge you

Come on, son. I don't care if you are drinking the girliest girly girl drink as long as you own it.
>>
>>17364552

Probably something with alcohol in it. Or not, if you don't want to get liquored up. It doesn't really matter.

>Captcha: Select all the drinks!
>>
Order what you like. Ignore the notion that drink choice communicates and implies more than simply drink choice.

I would order potato vodka, straight, and don't give a damn if this says "alcoholic", because I'm not an alcoholic, and not so insecure as to believe I'm slave to my environment and can't control another person's perception via my actions. Failure on my part means dodging a bullet and successfully identifying someone who thinks in a way I wouldn't want to deal with, so I cannot lose.

Though I will recommend spiced rum mixed with limeade and pink lemonade. Ravages your teeth, but tastes pretty good.

>>17364559
Whiskey and coke is still hard liquor. Usually people go for spiced rum though, which personally, I think is disgusting.
>>
Jesus, bunch of nancies in this thread.

OP, your options for not looking like a pussy are beer or hard liquor. If you want to add a touch of class and have a good drink, stick to scotch. Sip, don't gulp. Ice is acceptable, but if your date knows anything about whiskey tasting she will rightly look down on you for it.

So you know, scotch is Scottish whiskey. Whisky or whiskey is anything that isn't Scottish, except for bourbon which is whiskey made in the Kentucky style from corn.

I recommend Glen Fidditch. It's relatively cheap, but high quality scotch.
>>
Can't go wrong with a slightly dark beer
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.