[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on relationships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: doggo.png (177 KB, 664x520) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
177 KB, 664x520
How do I accept that people are going to lie and cheat on each other? Maybe more importantly: how do I destroy the desire for companionship? I'm tired of setting myself up for heartbreak.
Source: been cheated on and been told lies that have majorly crossed the line to in many relationships and seen similar behavior in many others
>>
Here's your redpill. Everyone gets cheated on at some point. Some people don't value loyalty as much as others. Move on and get past it
>>
>>17362466
i've been cheated on a lot, how can i trust when this keeps happening?
>>
>>17362450
You don't accept it. You set firm boundaries and don't put up with bullshit. Many people have no morals or sense of commitment, or are completely selfish. This doesn't make their bullshit ok.

When women do stuff like act flakey, lie, or start talking to other men that way, I slam their ass in the friendzone and move on. Life is too short to put up with stupid bullshit.
>>
>>17362473
Don't blame other people for someone else's mistake.
Learn how to choose your partner well. Have healthy boundaries in the relationship. Don't invest too much/too soon in a new relationship.
>>
>>17362450
How much of a pussy do you have to be to give up on relationships just because girls cheated on you?

Get over it.

Don't live the rest of your life as a pessimistic twat that constantly looks for people's faults. Be wary, but if you surround yourself around people who aren't shitty then you don't have to worry as much as you are.

I can guarantee that out of 7 billion people on earth you're no angel, and that there are certainly hundreds, if not thousands of girls that you will encounter through your life that aren't whores or total shitheads.
>>
>>17362550
>it is your fault you got cheated
>>
>>17362641
>you're responsible for who you choose to associate with
>>
>>17362652
>you always know if somebody will cheat on you
Seriously?
>>
>>17362450
If it keeps your heart and mind at peace I'm a girl that hasn't cheated in 7 years and I think I would never do something as horrible to him.
I don't want a ring. I don't like parties. I hate social events to have a wedding.
My bf is nothing out of the ordinary but I love him so much. We don't fight a lot because we understand our diferences and we get that we don't have to agree on everything in 100รท of things. We respect our likes and dislikes and even if I have trouble understanding sarcasm or am really clumsy he loves me all the same.

There aren't many good people out there but the thing is that there are.

You just have to learn to identify people that are broken
>>
>>17362641
I didn't say that.
If someone got cheated on multiple times, I think that he might be doing something wrong - either in the way he chooses his partners, or in the way he handles relationships.
Of course you have no guarantee that your partner is never going to cheat on you, and there is no justification for a cheater.
The two main reasons people cheat are that they're unhappy with their partner or they're unhappy with themselves. You can avoid this by
>choosing carefully who you date
My first advice would be to get to know the person well before you become physical and before you commit. Second would be look for some indicators - people who are self confident, who have their shit together, who have been in long term relationships only, who know how to be alone, who have healthy/stable friendships, etc, etc.
>having a healthy relationship
Work on communication, spend a lot of time together, be honest and open to each other, be trusting, don't stop dating, be affectionate and loving, have sex.
>>
>>17362691
Yeah, but people cheat even when they have everything they want. You can have the best relationship in the world and still cheat/be cheated on.
Sure you can lower the odds but you can't prevent it 100%.
>>
>>17362701
Of course you can't prevent it 100% and I said it.
What's the other solution? Never date anybody because maybe they're going to cheat on you? Bitch on 4chan because your ex fucked someone else?

If you date an attention whore who lies to you and never spent more than a week without a boyfriend and cheated on her ex partners, you're pretty much sure you're going to be cheated on. If you choose your partner carefully and you put effort into the relationship, it's much less likely to happen.
You can't even prevent to get run over by a car 100%, but this doesn't mean you jump in front of cars on the highway or you never leave the house.
>>
>>17362466
>everyone
Nice exaggeration. I have known people and am a person that has never cheated or been cheated on.

Just got to find the right person. Failure isn't the end, it's just another step in finding someone worth your time.
>>
>>17362731
The point is saying "don't blame other people for someonelse's mistake" is simply stupid.
>>
>>17362785
Why?
Your current SO shouldn't deal with the consequences of your exes' mistakes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.