[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marriage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1464449959787.jpg (32 KB, 480x474) Image search: [Google]
1464449959787.jpg
32 KB, 480x474
What are the pros and cons of getting married?

I lived my life swearing I would never get married, after seeing my parents collectively fail through 6 miserable marriages.
But the one I love lives outside the US, and I want/need for us to live together as soon as possible, so I guess getting married would massively expedite the process.

Beyond immigration, what are the aspects of marriage that need to be taken into consideration? Mostly from an economic/legal kind of standpoint, I guess.

We are certain to not have kids ever so that's not a factor.
>>
Well you can either get married so they can live with you in the US sooner, or you can not get married and wait longer. I wouldn't recommend marrying someone without having lived together for a significant period of time however
>>
>>17362267
I know it sounds weird, but for the sake of my mental health I honestly can't wait more than a few more years. It's been long enough as is. But I also already know we'd be fine living together, so that's not an issue really.
>>
>>17362255
>>17362255
Get a prenup. Problems solved. Anything beyond that can be a problem you encounter with even a gf.

Also, get marriage counseling if you ever want a divorce. It helped my ex wife and I understand each other well enough to end the relationship amicably. No alimony, no arguing over who gets what, etc.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.