[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I quit my job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1466652955705.gif (377 KB, 293x199) Image search: [Google]
1466652955705.gif
377 KB, 293x199
>went in for a direct hire yesterday at amazon
>offered position at $12.25 an hour
>take it over my $9 an hour washing dishes
>call in today telling work place it's also been affecting my ears, and after having surgery on them a few months ago, i'd rather not have steam flying up and being near my ears, as water makes them pop/would make me have another surgery
>they seemed pretty mad, but wanted me to at least finish out the last night washing dishes til the weekend
>reluctantly told them I would even though I wanted to bum around while I waited on my orientation email
So.. my question is, how do I get through the night without being shanked?
>>
>>17360333
1) Don't ask anyone to shank you.
2) Do not hand anyone a shank and ask them to stab you.
3) Don't wear a sign that says "Please shank me" and tie a rubbermaid full of shanks to your person during the shift.
4) Next time give two weeks notice.

You won't get shanked, but give more notice next time. Restaurant employees are paid low wages and given a bad reputation because of their lack of professionalism.
>>
>>17360333
Just call in sick, what're they going to do? Fire you?
>>
>>17360462
Restaurant employees don't owe anyone shit. They're paid low wages and treated like shit because it's a low skill job that literally anyone with two brain cells to rub together can do. Fuck your boss, OP.
>>
Dude just don't go in. You don't owe them anything; especially if you told them it was health related.
>>
>>17360551
except they do owe someone shit, their boss.
Don't sign up for the job if you aren't going to do it.
>>
>>17360579
The main problem is I was told it'd be 5-10pm/10:30pm, and it's 5-11/12. I don't mind the job so much, but it's the hours that are killing me. I told them before hiring that I can't work past 10, I have something important that I need to get done.
Then theres the people smoking weed out by the dumpster, I don't really mind weed, but I've gotten in trouble for it before and would rather not be around it.
Then theres the fact it's affecting my health, and I don't want to do anything that would put me at risk for it.

It's short notice, sure, but it's not like they can't replace me. They hired me in and flat out hired the guy who worked at the dish station beforehand, so now it's either I stay the night and don't get it counted as pay, or I just stay home and wait for my new job.
>>
>>17360333
Wait the steam is bad for your ears?
>>
>>17360600
I got water caught in my ears 3 years ago, and a fungus started growing in them, which eventually lead to a surgery. The doc told me to stay away from water, and places where water could get in them, and to not put anything in my ears (cotton, ear plugs, etc.) as it could damage them further, and now they're popping and I occasionally lose hearing in an ear. Only when standing around the dish washer though.
>>
File: 1468544434378.jpg (42 KB, 450x397) Image search: [Google]
1468544434378.jpg
42 KB, 450x397
>>17360609
The don't go dude. Doc told you to fuck off and you owe these people nothing.

Seriously, just block them and get some rest tonight.
>>
If I had a nickel for every low end piece of shit job I ever quit, I'd be looking at a quarter man. Who gives a shit?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.