[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
high school bullies became cops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1452284165569.png (101 KB, 430x750) Image search: [Google]
1452284165569.png
101 KB, 430x750
is this a reality?
>>
reply with an opinion.
>>
cop here, the police is a cross section of society at large. Its comprised of many different people with different personalities who joined for different reasons. Are there assholes who joined so they could boss people around, undeniably, but they're one group among many.

Anyway what advice were you looking for?
>>
>>17359422
Are you American? Don't you guys do psychological screening for problematic behaviour?
>>
>>17359424
indeed
>>
>>17359427
So you hire new cops without checking that they are sane first?
>>
>>17359431
you have to go through a psych screen, then during your first year you're on probation and if you have behavior problems you can be fired.
>>
>>17359422
is cops usually open to the right amount of bribe or...?
>>
>>17359422
is cops usually open to the right amount of bribe or...?
>>
>high school bullies become cops
>is this a reality?
Some do, yes. Others don't. People go into law enforcement for many reasons, and some are better than others.

>>17359424
>Don't you guys do psychological screening for problematic behaviour?
Of course we do. The uncomfortable reality, however, is that mental illness isn't actually a very good predictor of problem behavior. Most of the people who do these things are quite sane, and if one merely looks at the overarching umbrella of "mental illness", they're actually a bit less likely to do these things. Substance abuse is a far better predictor, but in a nation that seems to be doing its damndest to embrace substance abuse, tightening controls there simply won't fly. So they scapegoat "the mentally ill" instead.
>>
>>17359437
you realize the screening and overall requirements are written and implemented by cops and these same people were bullyboys in high school too
>>
>>17359537
no, absolutely not. You cannot bribe an officer of the law.
>>
>>17359571
I dont know about you but I found county police depts to have far lower standards.
>>
A former class mate of mine became a police officer. If anything he has been the quiet one in class.
My bf is in the military atm, but might become a cop after that. He was also a shy and quiet guy in school. In my reality, cops are not power-hungry assholes that like to feel dominant.
>>
>>17359616
So maybe he can't bribe YOU, but as you said, there are many reasons for joining the police...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.