[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is calling black people "niggers" really still just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1463956411132.jpg (27 KB, 596x324) Image search: [Google]
1463956411132.jpg
27 KB, 596x324
Is calling black people "niggers" really still just 4chan's go-to form of edginess or is your use of it based in some kind of ideological reality? Would you leave your house and say the word nigger in a social context and accept the consequences for your beliefs or is it still something you and your white friends say during LAN parties when you know no one else can hear you?

Are you ACTUALLY racist or do you just like having fun participating in the shitpost echo chamber?

Honest question.
>>
>>17358430
Me and a bunch of my friends like to use racial slurs around each other as a joke, and usually people just react with shock.
>>
>>17358436

So I'm guessing you're like 15?
>>
I come here to let off the anger I build living a life I'm not adapted to. I've said nigger out loud once in anger and immediately felt bad from letting fsuch a strong emotional response take over me. So instead now I say it on the internet so I can let it go, fucking nigger
>>
I once got blackout drunk and called my gf a nigger. When she told me the day after I found it really funny
>>
I hate niggers. They are lesser humans with disgusting culture.
>>
>Is calling black people "niggers" really still just 4chan's go-to form of edginess

Pretty much this. I mean I'm sure there's some legit neo-nazis who browse this site, but most are just edgelord troles. And what better way for them to turn up the edginess than using what's probably the least socially-acceptable word in the books?
>>
I don't say the word, but I too have gotten extremely drunk and called all of my friends niggers. I felt really bad for it afterwards.

I think it's just an edginess thing.
>>
4chan isn't really a homogeneous culture. The lefty or centre fags will say "nigger" just to feel edgy, the alt-right fags will use it to let out their anger and also to feel edgy
>>
There's nothing "edgy" about hating black people. It's pretty common. I don't hate any other races but black people are just awful.
>>
I legitimately hate black people, if that's what you're asking.
>>
Some use it to be edgy since they're anon, some use it because they're actually racist but can't really do anything about it in the real world because for the most part it's unacceptable to be openly racist, and others use it because it's just how they expect 4channers to talk.
>>
Everybody gets called that here.
You're on the Internet. Everyone is a gray blob. No skin color, gender, or religion, etc, till you bring it up for attention. Besides, I was raised to believe "nigger" means "Common thief/criminal, massively ignorant, and/or incredibly lazy" and applies to anyone regardless of race.
Though I'll be fair and admit that those are black stereotypes, and for good reason, over time.
>>
File: 1462573282564.jpg (129 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1462573282564.jpg
129 KB, 600x772
>>17358430
>>
>>17359026
>Besides, I was raised to believe "nigger" means "Common thief/criminal, massively ignorant, and/or incredibly lazy" and applies to anyone regardless of race.
I agree with the rest of your post but I hope you don't actually use this term to describe said people
>>
>>17358982
this is mah nigga
>>
>>17359055
Lol!
>>
>>17358460
No.
>>
I only say "nigga" when I'm hanging out with the bros. I don't say it nowhere else unless we doing hooligan things.
>>
File: CnEFZurW8AAEVhA.jpg (81 KB, 592x790) Image search: [Google]
CnEFZurW8AAEVhA.jpg
81 KB, 592x790
Nigger and faggot have as much impact as calling someone retarded, if not less so on this website. It's just different lingo, there are much better ways to go about if you want to be edgy. If someone was actually out to offend someone, they'd dump their gore folder or something.

>Are you ACTUALLY racist or do you just like having fun participating in the shitpost echo chamber?
A bit of column A, a bit of column B.
>>
>>17358430
You may be missing the point. A lot of the use of Nigger (or Nigga) on this site isn't race-related at all, just some immature and ignorant kids trying to sound "cool" by using what they imagine to be street talk.

They are equally not being consciously antiSemitic when they talk of "jewing somebody down" or homophobic when they use "gay" as an all-purpose insult.

Since they are too immature to realize the real power of those words or the cultural context that makes them hurtful, their innocence ALMOST excuses them. But it is still worthwhile to call them on it every time until they learn.
>>
>>17358430
Nigger
>>
>>17358430
I call people nigger regardless of their race and have black friends and a half black girlfriend. I guess black people actually secretly like it.
>>
4-5 years ago this thread would've been about the word "faggot." Damn.

I've never used either word to try and sound edgy, because I don't even see them as edgy. Being here really normalized them for me, and I forget that people in public still say "t-the n-word!" when referring to it. It's stupid imo, they're all just words. Call a black guy a roody-poo and see how he feels. Nothing. Because the word holds no weight with him - it wasn't taught to hold weight with him.

I guess my point is that these fags arent even edgelords imo, they're just parroting the first insult that comes to mind.
>>
>>17358436
Same, the entirety of my group of friends call eachother niggers, gooks, spics, chinks, rednecks, etc etc
>>
>>17358430
I'm legitimately racist but I have enough social awareness to not blurt it out in public.

I also believe that there definitely exceptions to all stereotypes. I've met people from every ethnicity that challenge the way I look at those races. But in a general sense, I still dislike black people as a whole.
>>
I'm a white guy, and to be honest one of the whitest guys you'd meet. Square as fuck. I drive a pickup truck, work 9-5 m-f, yadda yadda the whole nine still with my highschool sweet heart.

But, oh my god I vibe with black people so well. Like, nigga, nigger, nig, it all just rolls off the tongue without a second thought, and I never get any odd looks, or confronted about saying it.

Outside of my very white appearance and status in the world, off the clock I'm a pistol carrying, blunt smoking, 40oz drinkin mother fucker. Still in khaki's and a button down.

Noone has ever had a problem with me.
>>
>>17358430
>whaah you should stop using that word on the internet because it hurts my delicate feelings
First day on 4chan?
>>
If you say it, ever, and you're not really really black (both in color and personality) then you just make yourself look like a fucking idiot with the maturity of a 10 year old on a sugar high. And if your friends are doing it too, then you need to grow the fuck up and make new friends.

Or you can just be alone for the rest of your life, up to you.
>>
I honestly don't care about using any racial slurs. I would never use one against someone in a serious manner just because that's not me and it might genuinely offend someone. But it's just a word. The only people who get upset about racial slurs are the hella PC people. I try to avoid using them around strangers just to avoid any problems but when I'm with my friends I couldn't care less.
>>
In today's society, being a fat nigger isn't exclusive to one skin color.
>>
>>17359026
>I was raised to believe "nigger" means "Common thief/criminal, massively ignorant, and/or incredibly lazy" and applies to anyone regardless of race.

Where the fuck were you raised?
>>
File: 1456074061918.jpg (48 KB, 482x287) Image search: [Google]
1456074061918.jpg
48 KB, 482x287
>>17358430
Next you're gonna ask me if I'm ACTUALLY misogynistic or ACTUALLY homophobic.
>>
>>17360149
refer to
>>17360129
>>
>>17360149
I'm transphobic, slightly homophobic, not racist or misogynist but maybe patronisingly sexist.

This is a very rare set of beliefs to hold in 4chan.
>>
>>17360188
I don't think anyone asked you.

You hear that a lot don't you?
>>
>>17360105
I have a problem with you. Faggot
>>
>>17360193
Thanks for acknowledging me faggot.
>>
>>17360203
You're welcome...? I'm sorry was that your attempt at a comeback?
>>
>>17358430

just to put your little shitty mind into some perspective, OP
In Brazil, you call black people Negros, if you call them "black" it is considered a racial slur
Now if you think about it for 2 fucking seconds you'll realize that it doesn't fucking matter what what you call it
the negative connotation comes from the idiots who get offended by it, because they're too much of a fucking bitch to actually change their social standings and reputation

That's why calling some nigger nigger offends them, it reminds that they are offended by their very pitiful existence of little to no achievements
you'll only actually surpass this barrier if you take the fucking banter and start working on real shit instead of getting offended by a 6 letter word

nigger
>>
>>17358430
For me it honestly depends on what you define as racist. I like working with math, statistics, and the like so I've learned how easy it is to misinterpret or misrepresent data. But I do hold some beliefs that some might find offensive, but i don't care because I got to those beliefs myself with the raw data.

Nigger is just a funny word though. My friends and I say ot because our friend's dad was yelling it while we were chatting over the phone so in the background all I heard was "NIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS"

But I'm brown so I can be as racist as I want in public.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.