[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, I'm a 28 year old guy that over years of poor experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: lobster.jpg (5 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
lobster.jpg
5 KB, 189x267
Hi, I'm a 28 year old guy that over years of poor experiences has really bad social anxiety and have a hard time getting close to people. I'm scared of dying alone and would like to meet and be with a girl that shares interests with me and I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't want to meet someone at a bar or anything like that, and online dating sites are pretty much a waste of time.

Does anyone know a good way to meet people with similar interests and accepts me for who I am? My interests include writing, film, videogames, football and art. Thanks!
>>
Getting over your social anxiety would need to come first before you go persuing a woman.

Think of the person you are most comfortable around.
Thats how you need to feel and to an extent act around people you meet.

Problem i had with social anxiety is i was worried id offend or piss someone off and theyd lose their shit at me in public. So i never approached anyone.

I used to think about "what ifs" about some pretty basic shit like "what if i say hi to th are girl and she laughs at me. Or what if i say hi and i dont know what to say next"

Protip. Say what ever it is your thinking wirhin the first 2-3 seconds of thinking it. Any longer and you talk yourself out of saying something.

As for finding women with similar interests youll need to go to thwse places And talk to them about whats going on.

Goodluck
>>
>>17358369

Thanks. It's something that's gotten worse as time has gone on, I guess because I kept moving away from people that I knew to the point I'm all alone in a city in a small apartment, leaving me to my thoughts too much. I think apart of the anxiety comes from feeling like people know I don't have my shit together just as much as I know I don't.
>>
>>17358354
Just explore a bit, I suppose. I understand the whole social anxiety part. Don't over think what you say. Sorry, I can't really give the best advice. Cons of being a NEET, I guess. Best of luck, OP.
>>
>>17358450

I'm not quite a NEET, I have a job. I guess I've just mentally checked out when it comes to being social with people, but I want to change that. It used to be comfortable, not getting involved with people, but now everything is uncomfortable. I guess tackling the anxiety is the first step to getting the chance to meet someone, but it's really hard. I'm going to do the whole 'first 2-3 seconds' speaking thing though, because that's a huge hurdle I'm really familiar with. I think I'm a pretty ok guy, I just mentally talk myself out of speaking unless spoken to usually.

Thanks for responding
>>
>>17358382
I know how you feel OP, same thing happened to me, I was always worried about what others might think of me if I said this or did that but I agree with
>>17358369 don't think too much. The less you think about what you say the more natural it comes out. Also try smiling often, gives you more confidence once you get used to it, and it makes people feel like they can talk to you, even if it sounds dumb. I've been trying that cause I used to have such a serious expression ppl were practically scared of me, and it's helped quite a lot
>>
>>17358489

Thanks, yeah I try to smile quite a bit, but lately it's been hard. I don't know what it is, but turning 28 seemed to turn something in me where I'm just not ok anymore with how things are. I can't even seem to fake being happy like I used to. I don't want to sound naïve or dismissive to my situation, but I really think it's all connected. If I had someone I could share my life with, I'd also have less money problems, more confidence, etc. But I guess that's most single peoples dilemma.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.