[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm kinda fucked. I've been getting steadily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: anal cunt.jpg (29 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
anal cunt.jpg
29 KB, 350x350
Hey guys, I'm kinda fucked. I've been getting steadily sicker over the past ten years, and I can't seem to find any doctors who don't give me the same "YOU HAVE DEPRESSION HURR HURR" bullshit. Sorry, but severe (puking and rolling around in agony) dysmenorrhea, hypothyroidism, sweat that smells like wet hay, confusion like I'm constantly drunk, and constant exhaustion don't sound like depression to me. Where do I find a doctor who isn't a total dipshit? Kansas City area.
>>
>>17358207
I do have suicidal depression that comes with it so the doctors overlook the physical stuff. I'm so frustrated that sometimes I want to just go jump in front of a truck. There's got to be a way out.
>>
>>17358207
I'll take any suggestions, from herbs to cutting off an arm. Been researching online for three years or so to try and figure this out but there's gotta be something I missed.
>>
I would see a nutrionist or gastroentologist. Could be diet related, seems to be the root of what fucks up a lot of people. Hell maybe even try a holistic healer. I view most of what they do as common sense for the most part, but I got a bunch of cysts on the back of my neck and they gave me some asian herbal supplement that looked like black BB pellets and the shit cleared up in like 2 days.
>>
>>17358299
Thanks, I'll look into it
>>
OP, I would be more than happy to give you advice here. I am studying medicine, and have coincidentally learned that I have two serious health issues through my studies. Because of my young age, doctors laughed it off and say "oh you're fine". After pressing them for tests, I was diagnosed with both of the disorders I suspected I had.

Unfortunately doctors are generally mediocre at making informed decisions; it is just a flaw of human thinking. We frequently tend to under or over estimate risks and consequences.

My advice is that you see a new primary care doctor entirely. It should be a doctor in their 30's or 40's. They went to medical school more recently, and have more updated knowledge about medicine. You'd be shocked at how much has changed in the past 10 years alone. When you go to see them, do not I REPEAT DO NOT sign a consent for transfer of medical records DO NOT. They will read what your old doctor wrote and likely discount your concerns for the same reasons that your doctor has. If they ask for records, tell them that you haven't been to a doctor in years and don't remember your pediatrician's name. Secondly, do not tell your primary care physician that you are on any psychiatric medications or that you are depressed. If you are worried about potential medication interactions; don't be, they'll be caught at the pharmacy if there are any.

Come in with a written list of the symptoms you've experienced and how they've progressed over the past few years. Explain in an easy to understand and clear way what you're experiencing and emphasize how it's affecting your quality of life. As for the hypothyroidism; do not say that you have that. Just list all the symptoms you have that support it, and suggest that they do a test for it. You will have to do some of the thinking for them, unfortunately. GPs are not diagnosticians. They wipe noses. If you come to them with ideas about what it might be, they will be able to help you narrow it down.
>>
>>17358323
Thanks dude. It's been like spoonfeeding an infant. Took seven years to get the hypothyroidism diagnosed; they won't even consider testing me for tick-borne disease even though I've been bit in Pennsylvania and other wooded areas too many times to count. Why? "Hurr durr I have a degree what the fuck do YOU know"
>>
>>17358207

Are you me? I'm currently dealing with this, but not the throwing up part. Everything else seems right though, and they always chalk up everything to panic attacks, but they're not attacks, they're constant pains and illnesses. I hope its all in my mind, but it keeps getting worse, I feel like I'm going to die all the time now.
>>
File: cells-reaction-face.jpg (28 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
cells-reaction-face.jpg
28 KB, 350x350
>>17358327
I fucking get on doctors asses for that shit. It is there JOB to MAKE SURE they find out exactly what's wrong even if they think it's something else, and to not just put a fucking bandaid on it. If they don't treat their job with a certain amount of professionalism, I dump their asses.

You're depression is most likely a SYMPTOM of something else, even if it's not physical. Depression is not a fucking disease in and of itself.
>>
>>17358338
Pretty fucking sure were all just getting radiated and no one wants to say it out loud. I mean, after all, 'everything' causes cancer.
>>
File: goodfortune12.jpg (103 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
goodfortune12.jpg
103 KB, 640x480
>>17358338
I don't know anon. I don't even know what I have yet. Been suspecting something like Lyme or Babesiosis for a while. If I find a good doctor I will post on this board about it. Believe it.
>>
>>17358351
DESU after all the research I've been doing I suspect mycoplasma more than anything if you want an explanation as to why everyone's getting so sick.
>>
http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candidasymptoms.htm
Does this look like what you are experiencing? I saw 11 doctors and none of them came up with jack. Found this through a friends family member and started the diet and started feeling better within 2 weeks
>>
>>17358207
>Where do I find a doctor who isn't a total dipshit?
Have you seen an endocrinologist yet? We are not qualified to diagnose by any stretch of the imagination, but glands and hormones seem to be the major common threads between the symptoms you mentioned.
>>
>>17358411
>>17358415
You guys are amazing. I will look this up, thank you.
>>
>>17358411

Not OP, but most of these are all on my checklist. Is that not a made up thing for crazy people?
>>
>>17358346
I feel that shit. I'm probably going to be diagnosed with herpes tomorrow when I should have been years ago. I think all they did was a test for a bacterial infection when it was most likely herpes and they never followed up or you know recognized herpes.
>>
Two bits of advice. Sorry if this isn't exactly a fix to your problem.

1.) whatever you have, an effort to improve your diet, exercise and mental health will help. it might also get the doctors chalking everything up to depression to cut you some slack.

2. if you don't feel properly treated by a doctor, then find a new one. more than one general phyisican has to take your insurance, right?

3. get good with words. if you're not getting the outcome you want from a specific subset of people, in this case doctors, learn how to approach the topic in a way that makes them listen.
>>
>>17358441
Dude, lemon balm tea is specific for herpes outbreaks. I have also heard similar things about lemon myrtle oil, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil and bupleurum root (try it in Xiao Yao Wan maybe or Bu Nao Wan, basically don't take bupleurum alone). But grow a fuck ton of lemon balm and drink it as tea all the time; tasty; you won't regret it.
>>
>>17358479
Thanks for the info man. I'm just hoping for a cure eventually. If I in fact do have it, I've only every had two outbreaks in 3 years. The horrible part is telling anyone you want to have sex with that you have it. I haven't had to do it yet, but it's going to suck. Makes sex much less appealing when you're basically a leper.
>>
>>17358528
>leper
I have to tell anyone I have sex that I basically can't feel much or perform in a sense

not making any comparisons

you could look at it in a positive light like at least they must really like you to risk the herpes. it's mostly unpleasant on occasion, right? it's not like threatening or anything?
>>
>>17358528
Yeah that sounds awful
>>
>>17358543
Yeah it's not terrible, I have barely noticed it. There is just a huge stigma that goes with it. No one really wants to contract a life-long disease. I was kind of done with monogamy, but it's probably all I've got now. That makes it sound like I've slept around a lot, but I really haven't and have had protected sex the majority of the time, but protection doesn't really help much with herpes (aside from literally infecting your dick).
>>
dude, this looks like something you could solve with nutrition. check your iodine and vitamin D levels. correct your diet,supplement correctly and you won't need a single drug
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.