[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know there's something on your mind or a feeling you just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: kissingkeets.jpg (14 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
kissingkeets.jpg
14 KB, 300x200
I know there's something on your mind or a feeling you just can't nab, why don't you seek help? Ask a therapist anything. I've volunteered a lot of time here in the past and have time to do so again.
>>
I'm depressed and don't have an appetite. I just don't feel hungry anymore and maybe eat twice a day, usually something light because my stomach has gotten smaller. I feel weaker each day. How bad a damage am I doing to my body?
>>
>>17357528

It depends on what you eat, but I'm sure you know you're doing damage to your body, a simple Google search can be more specific, I'll be honest I can't factually list everything off. What's the source of your depression? What's hurting you so badly that you let yourself grow weaker as each day passes?
>>
>>17357511
I don't know. I just don't feel right. I suspect that everyone can be a harm to me, it's like I'm in constant fear. I feel alone all day despite having friends.... My mind feels heavy and stressed I don't know exactly why... I've tried looking for possible disorders, nothing really fits well with my conditions... The closest thing is Anxiety which I suffer each fucking morning at school (idk why) and maybe, just maybe, OCD because of some random irrational fears and paranoias that keep hitting me all the goddamn time.
>>
>>17357543

In what ways do you see the people around you able to harm you? Is it physical? Emotional? You may not be as sick or troubled to label a disorder on what's weighing you down, you might just be going through a slump, we all (including me.) have slumps.
>>
File: 1447442349793.jpg (89 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
1447442349793.jpg
89 KB, 679x657
>>17357511
I'm having ADHD and anxiety issues but my doctor seems to think it's depression, so he prescribed me Prozac. After taking it for a week I told him I couldn't take it anymore because it was fucking with my motor skills, I couldn't think straight, and I could not sleep at night because my anxiety was at an all-time high.

My friend told me he was prescribed Adderall for his ADHD and let me try one. Most of my problems were gone for 6 hours and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I still had a small bit of anxiety but it was more manageable, and easier to get off my mind.

Should I bring it up to my doctor and risk looking like a junkie, or just wait for the follow-up to see what he gives me next? I'm not a doctor so I should respect his decisions considering he's more qualified than I am, but if I found something that works for me, shouldn't I ask his opinion? Can I get in legal trouble for admitting I took a prescription-only drug without his consent?
>>
>>17357591

Regardless of what your doctor thinks, he knows as much as you tell him. On top of that, you know your feelings better than any doctor ever will, they can help bring clarity to what may help you, but they don't know like you know. If I was in your shoes, I'd bring it up. You're not going to face any legal consequences, because honestly you're just telling him you did it, not actually taking someone else's prescription drugs in front of him and or a camera to see, so it's all he-say, she-say. You're not going to look like a junkie, that's all in your mind. You're just trying to find the best help you can and that's what all of his patients are trying to do. I'd say ask him, give it a shot. Nothing bad can happen.
>>
>>17357537
I feel bleak about life. Things seem to have gotten off to a bad start.
>Introverted and very sheltered and isolated childhood due to protective dad.
>Mom absent from age of 1 (moved to usa)
> Older brother absent from age of 3 (moved to usa)
> Reunited with them at age of 9 only to be sexually abused by older brother months from meeting him.
> No longer in contact with dad because mother didn't care.
>Physically abused by older brother
>Have social anxieties throughout teenage years as I try to adapt to the country and trying to overcome very sheltered childhood.
>Have to deal with shitty step father who has never done anything for us
>Release frustrations on younger sibling physically and feel guilty of continuing that cycle
>Overwhelmed by insecurities of being a poor student and a failure. (Among other things)
>Currently depressed because of lack of job and bleak career outlook.

I feel like I need to escape this family and plan to.
>>
recaptcha status

You are verified
I'm not a robot
reCAPTCHA
Privacy - Terms
>>
>>17357601
Thanks, I'll probably do that then. I heard that asking for certain drugs by name, like stimulants or benzos, will put up a red flag for many doctors, but I remembered I was put on Ritalin when I was a teenager so it probably won't seem out of the ordinary that I'm asking for a similar drug type. Hopefully, anyway. I don't want to get scripted Xanax or anything extreme like that because I hear that withdrawals can be life threatening, and after experiencing opiate withdrawals last year after repeated surgeries I'd rather not have to deal with something like that ever again.
>>
>>17357511
My life has hit a downward spiral and being a hero is the only thing option I see and it all because of a fucking girl fucking leading me on
>>
>>17357511
>>17357511
When I approach girls and start conversations at the first few days I can be really smooth, but as soon as they start giving me attention and then if they start taking a few more time to respond to my text I start to get really anxious and screw up things

I've been cheated on by my previous partner, and one of the first signs was that she stopped replying to my messages so I think I might be projecting this onto new possible relations

I'm aware of all this but I can't control my emotions. Can I do something about this? It's really crewing up any change of getting a new relationship
>>
>>17357543
I know how u feel and I have this along with a form of anger issues which only add to the pile of shit
>>
My bitterness has turned into insatiable anger, and I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to blow up at people all the time. Whatdo?
>>
I broke up a relationship of 7 years around two months ago. While I feel surprisingly fine 99% of the time, I'm having a fuckton of nightmares and trouble sleeping, I wake up around 6 times per night.

Also, there's this or that moment where something reminds me of her and I feel extreme anxiety. It goes away after a minute though.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>17357552
Physically, Emotionally...
>>
What happened to OP?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
Two months ago I had a pretty bad break down due in part to my Grandmother dying and my unchecked OCD and Anxiety. It got so bad that I thought I was going to forget how to speak, eat, talk, etc. I couldn't look at other peoples faces, or at the sky or at trees because nothing made sense to me, nothing looked like it used to. I lost the "comfortability" of life if that makes sense, the feeling that everything and everyone is real and accepted as true. It'd gotten better, but even now I feel as though I will never attain that sense lf comfortability again, that feeling of fully being myself. I'm still uncomfortable looking at other people and things, but I'm doing better and I am in therapy. My question is, will I ever truly be myself again? I feel as though I'm going to be uncomfortable with how weird life is for the rest of my life. I'm so scared that this will never leave me.
>>
I feel like im,wanted by grills, but as much as I put forth an air,of,confidence (which seems to,work) i still feel like im not worth the grills i attract

Like i think "this guy would be a better match for her,than me" or "if she were with me right now, shed probly,be checking him out/wishing she was with him"

>inb4 cuck
I dont find cucking as a fetish or anything. After analyzing this i know theres something wrong with my self esteem but i cant quite point out why I feel inferior. Its so fucking gay and I want it stop. Might be a racial thing? If I attract grills of my ethnicity, I dont get these thougts. Otherwise, these thoughts come rushing in
>>
>>17357511
My mother died Monday. I have struggled with depression for a long time and have recently begun getting my life together. I just have my Dad and Sisters now.

Nothing can really replace the relationship with my mom. I am afraid I will become more emotionally isolated because I don't have any real friends. I do good in social situations but never develompt close connects. It has been this way for a while.
>>
Why do I care about someone who thosnt care about me ? Why can't I treat this person how they treat me. Why can't I move on.
>>
How do I make myself trust my gf? Im so worried about "losing" or "getting cucked" that I find harmless interactions starting to really bother me. What do?
>>
>>17357511
I left my family and I'm more or less alone in a new country. I came here to be with my girlfriend.

We broke up not too long after that. Now I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here.

Just kind of going with the flow right now. Wake up, go to work, come home, sit on computer, sleep, repeat.

I wish I had some friends. I made friends with a couple of great people on the internet. This is a common theme in my life. I meet 1 or 2 fantastic people online, and can never meet with them.

But Pokemon Go is giving me an excuse to go out and talk to people (at pokemon go meetups), so hopefully I can start making friends finally.

I don't think I actually want advice, just been feeling kind of shit today.
>>
>>17359073
maybe stop calling them grills
>>
>>17359124
>How do I make myself trust my gf?
You don't, dumbass
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.