[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting little to no respect in a relationship as the man.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Hydrangeas.jpg (581 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hydrangeas.jpg
581 KB, 1024x768
Do any of you guys have problems with your SO giving you a general lack of respect.

My girlfriend will always steal the grocery cart from me, always forces guilt trips on me when I don't want to take care of her dog, never takes no for an answer, or if she does it's followed by 3 more phone calls about the situation and a lot of crying until I inevitably say yes.

Last night was my guys night, so naturally I was doing competitive online gaming. I get 4 phone calls from her, have to meet her in my driveway mid match, and then she cries in the bathroom until I come in there after her because as manipulative as she might be, I'm a nice guy.

But, then she still expects me to open the car door for her, and treat her like a princess? Yet I'm treated like a slave.
>>
Hit her more
>>
>>17356404
yeah man, always with my best friends as well. but they come around and they love me.

nothing to the level your talking about. sure maybe a night of it but nothing prolonged. she sounds spoilit
>>
>>17356409
It's been every night like this for the past months.

She's always asks if I'm going to break up with her, it's really annoying. Like, if she has so little faith in our relationship, what does that mean for me?
>>
>>17356404
People treat you the way you let them treat you.
If you let her mistreat you, she will keep doing it. Learn to set healthy boundaries and don't let her manipulate you.
>>
>>17356411
It kinda just got like this all of a sudden like, and I think I didn't know how to react, and now it's kicking me in the ass.

She says she doesn't feel wanted anymore. And it's like, maybe if I had a minute away from her crying I'd want to do more with her.
>>
>>17356430
My best friend is exactly like your girlfriend. I don't know how you manage to date her.
First, talk to her about the behaviours you don't like. Point out when she's being disrespectful. My boyfriend taught me to do something that he calls "the sandwich". Compliments - critiques - compliments. Write down a list of the things that piss you off and talk to her about it. For example with my best friend it was: belittling me in front of others, manipulating me into doing things that I didn't want to do, bitching about things instead of talking to me about them. Ask her if she thinks you can improve something. Agree to work together on stuff if she tries to behave better.
Second, learn to set healthy boundaries.
>Don't talk to her while she cries or yells
Just sit there silently and let her calm down. If you want, hug her or say general nice stuff to her. But no way you should argue with her while she is being emotional.
>A no is a no
If you decide to NOT do something, don't give up. The amount of guilt-tripping or crying or bullshit doesn't matter. Explain to her why you don't want to do something, if she doesn't come up with a rational explanation to why you should do something, then don't.
>Time without her is without her
Unless she's dying or something, don't agree to meet her, don't reply to her texts or calls, and enjoy yourself. Tell her "I'm going to turn off the phone, if something happens you can contact me here."
>>
>>17356592
I see and agree with everything.. Except the bottom part which I know I'm going to have issues with.

I'm a manager for a couple small businesses in town, and I don't have a second line for them. It's just my personal cell. That, and I'm a worrier. I'm that reliable friend who you call if you have a flat tire, or you just got robbed, or whatever. And, with how emotional she is, there's always something for me to be worrying about with her, so I hop, skip, jump to answer my phone.

If I ignore her when she's being overly emotional, I'm pretty sure she's going to break up with me, though. She already doesn't feel wanted apparently, I can only imagine it's amplified when she's crying about something and I'm ignoring her.
>>
File: 1464899639173.png (115 KB, 323x201) Image search: [Google]
1464899639173.png
115 KB, 323x201
>>17356404
It's your own fault for being so passive and submitting to her will
>forces guilt trips on me
>a lot of crying until I inevitably say yes
>she cries in the bathroom until I come in there
>I'm a nice guy
>I'm treated like a slave

Found your problem
Man the fuck up and tell her to fuck off.
If you can't do this, that just means you are desperate and can't do better than her. And you got no backbone.
>>
>>17356633
>If I ignore her when she's being overly emotional, I'm pretty sure she's going to break up with me

Then let her. What, would you rather tolerate an emotional bitch?

Kids throw tantrums all the time. You're playing right into that game like a parent buying the kid a toy every time they bitch a little.

Firstly, she's not likely to break up with you. Secondly, even if she does break up with you, she'll have a higher opinion of you than her CURRENT opinion of you which is a spineless fuck that can be toyed with with just a little crying and some threats.
>>
>>17356633
>I'm a worrier.
There is a difference between worrying and allowing people to fuck with you.
"My car broke down in the middle of nowhere" is worth bothering you whatever you're doing.
"I am bored and you should entertain me" isn't worth bothering you if you're busy doing something else.
If she doesn't understand it, you ignore her when you tell her she's doing something else.

>If I ignore her when she's being overly emotional, I'm pretty sure she's going to break up with me, though.
You don't need to fully ignore her if she's crying in front of you. But you don't talk about the problem while she's crying.
*crying* "You always stay with your other friends and never with me"
"Calm down, I love you, it's going to be fine"
When she calms down, you talk to her about the problem.

Anyway, she seems immature and spoiled as fuck, why are you even bothering.
>>
>>17356669
There's no calm. She's either crying, or passive aggressive. If I want to have a serious conversation, she cries. If I'm "attacking" her about an issue, she's passive aggressive.

We used to be able to just sit down, and talk shit out. But here I am venting because she doesn't want to be a part of any negative conversation there might be.
>>
>>17356751
Do you seriously imagine dating her long term? Having kids with a person you can't even have a serious talk with?

I'd tell you to leave, if you really can't talk to her seriously.
>>
>>17356757
We've been together over two years now, and I've always seen us long term. She's stressing out because life has been giving her a shit hand these past few months, but I've been with her the whole time helping her get through it in the best, easiest possible manner.

And the whole scenario she's in could've been 100% avoided if she'd listened to me the months before it happened, that's the most annoying part.

And, I have to fucking suffer because she was an idiot who didn't listen to my advise in the first place.

That might be where my main frustration is coming from.
>>
>>17356768
Shit will always happen, but it doesn't allow you to treat people poorly.
If you're not able to have an healthy communication with your partner when you're stressed, you're not a good match on the long run.
You can help her, but she needs to learn how to treat you.
>>
>>17356781
Yeah.. That first point was the one I was trying to make last night.
>>
>>17356404
And what the point of this post, what do you need help with?

At least you have a gf while some others don't.
>>
>>17356833
What does you not having a girlfriend have to do with the issues coming from a long term relationship?
>>
>>17356795
And what did she say?
>>
>>17356851
Agreed with one of the points I made about the phone calls being excessive. But, most of it was awkward silences waiting for a response and her crying.
>>
>>17356871
And asking if I was going to break up with her, like she does about every week now.

Which almost is leading me to believe she's maybe, possibly, purposely being like this, and then prompting me to break up with her for some reason.
>>
>>17356404
wtf
dump that stupid bitch
>>
lmao and what is making you stay with this "woman"?
>>
>>17356833
if you'd rather have a shitty relationship than be single, there is something seriously wrong with you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.