[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I want to do a certain thing >get 120% motivated and do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
>I want to do a certain thing
>get 120% motivated and do it efficiently and enjoying the process
>Someone asks me to do the same thing
>get extremely bored by it and procrastinate with other stuff as much as possible

Has it ever happened to you that whenever someone asked you to do a thing you like, you immediately lose all interest and passion in it?

What could be the cause? A lingering rebellious phase? I'm clueless here
>>
>>17356388
Are you like 18-20?
This is common as shit, it happens to almost everybody
>>
>>17356510
Whaaa?It is? Wow, I thought I was the odd one. Why though? I mean, what's the reason?
>>
I need a more detailed answer to clear my doubt tho, can anyone help me?
>>
>>17356542
>>17356511
>>17356388
youre a sociopathic narcissist that pretends to be altruistic but youre actually faking to get into peoples good graces or manipulate them or have them think youre actually a good guy. Because as soon as it comes to actually doing something for someone else you dont want to, why should you do something for someone else? you dont, you intrinsically dont.
>>
File: 1466382380118.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1466382380118.gif
1 MB, 268x274
It could be that you'd rather act by yourself than through someone else. Like some sort of auto-motivation, things are cool cause YOU decided to do it, not because someone else told you.

It happens to me too. For example I get really excited about new ideas and things I didn't know when I discover them by myself, but when it's someone I know that introduces this idea, I lose nearly all interest in it and only give it half assed attention. This has been problematic considering I'm into philosophy and science and as soon as I find out someone I know shares a similar interest in a field through his own studies, I suddenly drop this field and deem it uninteresting.

It must be intellectual narcisism or something
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.