[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live with my mother and two younger brothers. Recently, two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
I live with my mother and two younger brothers. Recently, two police officers arrived at our home and stated they had an arrest warrant for my mother. She was charged with assault. I couldn't believe my kind mother would do such a thing. My mother was arrested and taken to jail and now I don't know what to do.
>>
>>17356032
Bust her out of prison.
>>
>>17356032
How about relatives? Where is your father?
>>
My father works in another country. I informed him about the situation, and he's trying his best to help my mom.
>>
I can't break her out because that's illegal. She'll be in more trouble than before and then I'll be incarcerated.
>>
>>17356058
How old are you?
>>
>>17356032
You have to take care of your brothers until everything is ok, that's your priority.
>>
Why do you need to know my age?
>>
First off will you be able to look after your brother until your mother is out on bail?

If not is their any family member who can take them in or call round to look after them?
>>
It will be hard to take care of my brothers. They seem just as confused about the situation. My uncle is coming to help us though.
>>
>>17356073
If you're not old or mature enough maybe you can't take care of your brothers in this situation. So you'll need help of another of your family members.
>>
That makes sense. Again, my uncle is coming to assist us so at least things are starting to look up.
>>
>>17356032
Find out what your mother did. Chances are she got in a fight with another woman over a parking space or something like that.

Keep your father informed, and do what you can to help him at this end. What he will want to do (and may ask you to do for him) is find a lawyer who will represent her at a preliminary hearing and help bail her out. Then he (the lawyer) will work behind the scenes to try to get the charges dropped or reduced. If necessary he'll go to trial with her.

It is VERY likely that she'll get off with a fine or community service and not have to spend more than this first night in jail. But things have to move quickly, and your father has to get her a lawyer first thing.
>>
My mom was charged with assault. My dad and me are trying to find a lawyer to help represent her.
>>
>>17356032
Go get a bail bondsman first off and get a lawyer and hopefully she didn't talk to them
>>
We hadn't considered a bail bondsman. No luck with a lawyer yet.
>>
I found out the full story. My mother was at a bar the night before she was arrested. A female and her boyfriend approached my mother. The female accused her husband of cheating on her with my mom. She then said some vulgar words to my mom, and my mom got up and started to fight her. Both my mom and the other woman were kicked out, and forced to leave the premises. The woman must have contacted the police department and they filed a warrant for her arrest.
>>
>>17356929
That's pretty open and shut assault unfortunately. It sounds like the woman verbally attacked your mom until your mom physically escalated, which is a crime unfortunately, especially with multiple witnesses around. If this is your mom's first offense and the fight wasn't too violent, she may get off with a light sentence, maybe only a year or two max.
>>
It's a shame that people like that women get away scot-free. I know my mom shouldn't have assaulted her, but that woman apparently said some rather hurtful words.
>>
Apparently my mom pulled the woman down with her to the ground, and both women just hit each other. My mom didn't show any signs she was beaten though, so I take it the other woman wasn't badly injured either.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.