[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: freedom.jpg (8 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
8 KB, 229x220
Am 18 years old, still in education.

I find my family very toxic. They allowed my brother to threaten me with a knife and verbally assault me unprovoked for 2 hours straight at a dinner party.

I want to leave, except my parents and sister have me emotionally blackmailed to stay.

They haven't spoken to me since the event and have allowed me older brother to take control over family situations.

How can I leave, get a job and my own house within a night and never see my family again for them to emotionally harass me to stay? I still want to finish my education but it is honestly suffering staying any longer with this individual.

I've tried calling the police but my sister has physically prevented me from doing so. Whenever I go outside they interrogate me on why I went outside and what I did.

I know for a fact I cannot stay in this house, I've made so many hints to my parents to help me out here and they've ignored me. They think we're both in the wrong for arguing.
>>
Ask your friends for housing and explain your situation while you try to get back on your feet. Good luck anon you don't deserve to be treated like shit.
>>
>>17355724
The problem is I don't have good enough friends who would do that.

I have some friends but their parents would undoubtedly do anything my parents want.

Do you know any cheap places in London?
>>
>>17355724
I have £150 right now. Probably some more if I sell some stuff. I have a 2011 AMD hexacore PC, I have a broken (fixable) lenovo laptop, I have a bunch of books I can sell.
>>
>>17355711
Do you have anything you want to bring with you that's too heavy to carry by yourself, or do you have a car?
You could probably find a place on Craigslist, and there are plenty of jobs on the Internet willing to give you money until you're on your feet.
Else try job corps
>>
>>17355740
No car.

I don't want to become a NEET, I'm doing very well in education and am one year off from finishing to go to university.

I want to somehow simultaneously work and study with a place to stay.
>>
>>17355746
Admirable.
I know some pubs used to do this thing where you could rent a tiny room above the premises while working there, but I don't know if that still happens.
If you're that desperate, look for a shitty, cheap apartment, find a job at a nearby pub and sell everything that doesn't hold sentimental meaning for you in order to get the money for a deposit.
>try to speak directly with the manager, maybe even explain your situation if you think it's relevant
>make sure your potential employer understands that you're still in education

Good luck anon, hope it works out for you.
>>
>>17355711
You posted this same complaint in slightly different form yesterday. You are not going to get any better answers now than you did then.
>>
>>17355711
Can you live with family members? Like grandparents?
>>
>>17355746
>I don't want to become a NEET, I'm doing very well in education and am one year off from finishing to go to university.
Glad to hear it. But your education may be a ticket out of this in more ways than one. Talk to the guidance office about this: they have resources to help people in your situation. They may or may not be able to help your particular case -I simply don't have that information- but at the very least you should be able to call the police from there.
>>
>>17356269

When I call them, they claim that they'll be making a police report on what will happen.

I'm also afraid that my brother with the support of my family will lie and will twist things against me.

My sister physically grabbed me and stopped me using the phone too...

I don't want a situation where he's arrested and I'm just clueless and undecided, sitting in my home getting abuse from my father, then seeing him be released and me ostracized further than I am now.
>>
My family is very opportunistic, they might create a completely ridiculous lie to profit something they think is right. I'm afraid of that.
>>
>>17356314
>When I call them, they claim that they'll be making a police report on what will happen.
They will. That's how police procedure works.

>I'm also afraid that my brother with the support of my family will lie and will twist things against me.
They can try. They're obviously worried about being caught, though; they wouldn't be so adamant about stopping you otherwise. Quite the contrary: they'd dare you to call, to demonstrate just how helpless you are.

Yet they're not doing that. This means they're scared. Hit them with the element of surprise.

>I don't want a situation where he's arrested
Why not? He clearly needs it. Note my wording: I didn't say he deserves it. I said he NEEDS it: a hostile encounter with people in authority who won't just do whatever he wants. An investigation into his mental health may even start him on the path to getting the help he needs.

>and I'm just clueless and undecided, sitting in my home getting abuse from my father, then seeing him be released and me ostracized further than I am now.
That's not the outcome they're scared of. You can end this, and they know it. They go to great lengths to make you think you are powerless, but it's nothing but a big tangle of lies, ready to unravel at the tug of a single loose thread. That thread is in reach. Pull it.
>>
>>17356341
My father has dared me to call, and he's not the type of person in society who isn't used to dealing with legislation.

My neighbors also hate me because more than half a year ago I caught my brother searching 'how to control people' on google, and clearly trying intimidate me in the family, making me lash out and shout at him. They all blamed it on me since I'm the younger one.

I just want this to all end in an instant, I don't want some whole drama case where my mother will force them to let me see her every 2 days or so, where I'll have no residence and will also be pressured by the police to stay.

I mean on the surface, our family looks sustainable, its just somehow everyone overlooks how my brother is, they deny the abuse he gave me, even though they were listening in on what he was saying the entire time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.