[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do if a relationship is just not "fun" anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: y[1].jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
y[1].jpg
80 KB, 600x600
What can I do if a relationship is just not "fun" anymore?

I hate that I sound so vapid, but there's no other way to put it. Things go well for the most part, I just feel the same apart from her as I do with her; no better no worse. Is this normal, just a symptom of the "honeymoon phase" being over, or am I just over her?
>>
>>17354934

honeymoon phase is over.

however that doesn't mean its definitely 'over' or definitely not 'over.

the honeymoon phase brings a lot of people together, then a lot of people stay out of habit. others stay out of genuine love.

you dont need REAL feelings to have a honeymoon phase. for a lot of people getting to know the other person ends the honeymoon phase because they realize they arent what htey had hoped. their projections and fantasies were wrong.

but either way, it sounds to me like you arent into her anymore.
>>
>>17354944

She said to me that she never thought we really had a honeymoon phase, whatever that means.
>>
>>17354960

ask her and find out
>>
>>17354963

She says it's because I never seemed "super-into" her like "normal' couples are. She seems to have a very strict outline of whats normal and I hate that.
>>
>>17354972

thats weird but irrelevant i guess
>>
>>17354972
>She seems to have a very strict outline of whats normal and I hate that.
I know exactly what you mean.
My best friend is like that.
We lived together for a number of years when we were in college.
He had this fucking jar of almonds on the kitchen counter.
He never once took a fucking almond from that jar.
He just had to have that jar there because it was "normal" to have a series of jars with sugar, flour, coffee, and nuts.

Irritates the fuck out of me, but there's a point where you just got to let it go because it doesn't really affect you.

As for you real question, you have to ask yourself whether you can build something between each other.
You've left the honeymoon phase and now you're in the real relationship phase.
Can you build something?
Relationships are a three way tie between emotions, sex, and practicality.
If one part fails, the whole thing comes down.

You've passed the part of the relationship where emotions are king. Now you see it levelheaded.
Can you make it practical?

What you're going through is perfectly normal.
>>
>>17354987
We aren't have sex either. I can't tell if it's because I'm turned off by things she does, or no longer turned on by how she looks. I know it's not an issue with myself because I still get horny when I'm not around her. It's just like when I'm with her, my dick hibernates, and once in a blue moon I'll get a spontaneous boner, and at that specific time I just might not want to have sex.
>>
>>17355035
Sounds like you're pretty much done to me.

Make an effort to turn it around, but if that fails, then there seems to be an obvious choice to make.
>>
>>17355050
That was my first reaction, instead of just dropping it to make an effort to do everything "right" and see if it works again. But if I try and things continue like this, how do I know I'm not just slacking?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.