[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Do You Want?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 5
File: what-do-you-want.gif (2 MB, 560x234) Image search: [Google]
what-do-you-want.gif
2 MB, 560x234
1 Sentence. What Do You Want From Life?

Post Honestly.

Happy , sad , cute , sick. Whatever.
>>
>>17354486
Sex
>>
to crush my enemies to see them driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women
>>
>>17354486
Love, and happiness.
>>
I want to be pain free that includes depression and other types of anguish.
>>
I just want to die.
>>
>>17354503
You'll Get it. Stay Strong!
>>
>>17354486
what about you, OP?
>>
>>17354508
All you want from life is to die? you wouldn't rather be free of the things that make you want to die?
>>
>>17354512
I honestly don't know , I guess that's why i'm curious of others. Honest answers fascinate me. I enjoy reading this people have actually thought hard about. Like when someone says they would rather end the thing that is making them suffer instead of saying they would like to end their own life.

I guess I would like to just know that I lived, Rather than just existed!
>>
>>17354486
I want to be forever young
>>
Find a comfy job in a small town that can afford me and my wife a comfortable living for having kids.
>>
>>17354577
Awesome :)
>>
>>17354555
nice. I'm the "love and happiness" guy, btw. What would make you know that you have "lived"? finding love? having children? getting to an important position in society?
>>
>>17354486

i just want to make TV shows
>>
I just want a small business that makes me enough money that I can live freely from home, save up and travel from a little cozy apartment.
>>
>>17354599
What type of shows ? :)
>>
>>17354508
man do I ever have some some good news for you
>>
>>17354596
Haha can't beat love and happiness. I think being able to reflect on everything you have done and been through and still ultimately be happy, Knowing ya give it all a go and it was worth it. Just having happiness at the end of it all :)
>>
>>17354604
Sounds like an adventure :)
>>
>>17354606

the first show i wrote was a mini series, five episodes. it was kind of a play on the super hero genre with a twist. half hour, filmed in front of a greenscreen to look comic book like (pic related). made it three episodes in and lost it all. currently trying to re write so i can film it again in the fall / winter.

the one im working on now is a super natural adventure. the tone is kind of buffy meets scrubs, all about ghosts. its my favorite project, the one that flows the easiest. as i redraft it gets better and better. got someone to fund a joker fanfilm of mine and looking to get him to put the money on this project next.

im a bit sad abotu it lately cuz i wrote the lead roles for my best friends but dont talk to them anymore. the characters were loosely based on them, and it just feels sad going forward without them, but I'l lfind others im sure. casting is a fun process.

its also loosely (very) loosely based on my experiences working for a psychic.

i have other shows that I've outlined and wrote some pilots for. a murder mystery, another supernatural dramedy (those tend to be my fav) etc.

i also wrote / produced six new episdoes of sailor moon when i was younger using rotoscoping and new animation that got pretty popular. kind of what got me into it all.
>>
>>17354623
Wow , how did you "Lose it all"? , that sound promising! I also enjoy writing shorts and the whole filming scene!

Its so satisfying when something flows while writing it. Feels like so much progress is being made with such little effort haha!
>>
>>17354486
To lose my feelings and operate like a computer
> inb4 edge
I just want to do it for focus reasons.
>>
>>17354615
see? Love and happines > everything. It's so generic you can't beat me.
Jokes aside, I think that "happiness" is what everyone of us wants from life. Everyone has their own version of it though, so in the end I actually specified "love", because I sort of feel that I'll never be truly happy without it. I'm sort of a romantic guy I guess, while your concept of "happiness" seems more of the "poetic" kind.
>>
>>17354649
What would you like all of that focus for?
>>
>>17354623
whoa dude, that's cool.
>>
File: thumb_00000.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thumb_00000.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>17354641

harddrive stopped working. normallyi ts not an issue. ive had to open up and extract data a billion times already, not just my own but others. but in the process of doing that i apparently damaged it beyond repair. sent it to three shops and no dice.

thankfully my templates for effects still exist, and to be honest i knew nothing about how my camera worked at the time, so if i refilm it now it'd be a much smoother much better looking process. still cheap and comicy looking, but thats kinda the point.

it'd be a faster editing process cuz i can copy paste for hte most part. make small adjustments but yeah.

and i feel ya. with re writing the above series its tough. i redraft and it feels like it comes out worse and worse.

whereas with ghost town, i just sit down and can write thirty pages scattered across 12 episodes of random scenes. its all just a natural process and i lovei t.

what kinda stories you write?
>>
>>17354655
That's True, Different for every person. Say that as well , I'm sure peoples definition of love and happiness change often. After break ups, deaths etc!

So many variations of love and happiness!
>>
>>17354667
Hard drive issues are the worst. At least you where able to salvage that stuff tho ! Never know then , with you improved camera skills etc! Blessing in disguise perhaps!

I throw myself from 1 genre to the other when writing, Often means i don't finish things for god sake. But I'm a bit of a sucker for comedy sketches etc, Saying that gs I don't feel like iv wrote in ages!!
>>
>>17354689

>saying that gs
>gs

what? sorry didnt understand.

i cant do comedy sketch myself. i mean i have a few ideas here and there and i try to incorporate comedy into everything, but comedy for the sake of comedy kinda depresses me.
>>
I wish I knew.
>>
I want to be loved by an individual when I'm near them, and missed by them when I'm not.

I've never genuinely had that before from anyone who isn't my mom. And that's not the kind of love I want.
>>
>>17354702
what do you wish you knew tho?
>>
>>17354486
I want happiness.
>>
>>17354693
Gs= God Sake haha. Yea , I try my best to keep it comedic with a variety of sub=genres, making dark stories more enjoyable etc! , Love being out filming!!
>>
>>17354707
You will get it man! Probably from the place you least expect it! Keep your eyes open! :)
>>
I want to wake up every day not kind of wishing a bus would hit me.
>>
>>17354731
Why do you wish that tho?
>>
>>17354736
I've had issues with anxiety and depression for quite a few years. Typical enough stuff, lack of a father, bullying in the past etc. I'm aware of the issues, and am actively working on them, but until then I have a pretty constant sense of melancholy. Things will, and always have been, fine. Just need to get the dopamine firing where it isn't.
>>
>>17354753
I like your honesty! Dealt with a fair amount of shit myself man! Know the feeling. Cheers for the input! Avoid public transport haha! :)
>>
I want to become capable to both give and receive love.
>>
>>17354768
You feel incapable of loving someone?
>>
>>17354767

>putting a smiley at the end of everything.

i dont mean to put you down, cuz i appreciate what you are trying to do in this thread, but dont you think you're trying a little too hard?

again, appreciate what you're doing, but being an advice board and all I think you could get more out of this if you tried to be more natural. the way it is now is very much... like a parent who is never around.
>>
>>17354767
Refreshing to have someone to tell with no filter.
No problem, all the best!
>>
Freedom
>>
>>17354776
This.
Also stop replying to almost every post. I think 1/3 of the thread is just you.
>>
>>17354776
That is a fair enough comment, I could be abit more transparent about it I guess. I think it probably seems a bit unnatural because when I made the thread it was just out of curiosity. If people would be honest or even think about what they where typing. Had not really thought about sitting replying. Maybe i'm just giving a shitty thank you to people for actually being honest. I apologize!
>>
>>17354785

well, yeah, thats his point. he made this thread in order to respond to us, to talk about why things are what they are (namely, our desires) so its natural to respond to everyone who respodned to you (even courteous).

the problem is that the responses come out rather half assed or dismissive almost. like

>hey buddy wahts wrong
>my dog died
>haha I'm sure you'll be fine :)

hes obviously more in depth than that, but even his longer responses tend to feel really... sad. its kinda like talking to someone you know is trying to ignore you. just makes you uncomfortable and more sad than when you came in.

though perhaps thats me being whiny

>>17354788

or maybe im wrong. but yeah either way, whatever makes you happy. just seemed weird the way you respond and then kinda crush the conversation without any depth. kinda begs the question, why reply?

i get it though. ive done similar threads.
>>
>>17354774
More about the receiving love I suppose. I love my family, friends, and pets. But that's a different kind of love. Being in love is different I suppose, and since I've never experienced it, I simply don't know if I am capable of it.
>>
Serenity
>>
>>17354792
I guess I thought more about the simplicity of the Post rather than the Depth it could go. I am genuinely interest in where people get the sentence they choose. Just not amazing at expanding upon solutions I think. Sometimes a short/shitty reply and acknowledgement is better than nothing. But maybe not suited for more serious post. Don't want to seem uninterested,

Again, Sorry
>>
>>17354809

i guess it really does boil down to perspective

seeing someone give one shitty response to you is better than no response im sure.

but being tricked into thinking somones interested in you, only to see them do the exact same thing with every single other post in the thread, right down to the same emoticon at the end just makes it feel like a really condescending professor is treating you like a third grader.
>>
>>17354716
I wish I knew what I want out of life.
>>
>>17354798
I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you find yourself in love with someone. I can only speak from my own experience but I also felt incapable of loving and opening up but to the right person I found that it came as the most natural things do. I began to care , feel and share things and it all kind of became what I could describe as love for my girlfriend. Was a very strange amazing feeling. So i would say don't worry about not being able , because I think we are capable but it has to come naturally.
>>
>>17354812
Yea , Also a valid point.

Not my intentions at all!
>>
>>17354823
>!
You suck at this, man.
>>
A career that I love, a wife/gf who loves me, stability in my life.

I guess, purpose. I've been really indecisive with my job prospects. First I wanna do this, then I wanna do this. I'm too indecisive. I want to find my true purpose.
>>
>>17354829

lel i was going to bring that up, but i figured he'd heard enough from me
>>
>>17354486
cheesecake
>>
>>17354831

its interesting that gf is second on your list
purpose is fourth.

maybe you should re think things. though kudos on putting career first. not that it should be first first, but yeah should be ahead of gf i think
>>
>>17354494
nice, conan

seriously though, i just want to keep being Nate's roommate, with the modification that he stops sleeping with other girls and maybe sleeps with me. of course even saying something like this anonymously makes me embarassed, so it'll never happen
>>
I want things to go okay.
>>
>>17354839
Oh my bad. I was basically summing up my post with "Purpose".

Although a gf/wife is on my list of things I wish for, purpose is definitely at the top. A girl will come sooner or later, I must figure myself out first before I focus on another person.

It's just lonely.
>>
>>17354849

i get, but the fact that you listed her second was a bit telling. think about it a little. what it means.

as for the lonely, i get it. i used to be a very very lonely person. sometimes i still am in weird ways i think.

the native americans had a spirit totem for the bobcat. those born under its guidance were meant to learn how to be 'alone without being lonely' this isn't to say that they were destined to be hermits, or have no friends or never date or anything.

it just meant that they would learn how to enjoy themselves more than the average person might.

something to think about.
>>
>>17354486
I don't want to be in trouble
>>
File: sadausfrog.png (12 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
sadausfrog.png
12 KB, 228x221
I want an easy job with no human interaction and no real responsibilities that I don't have to drive for (up to an hour of train is okay) that gives me just enough money to rent some studio apartment for the rest of my life until I die alone and don't get found for months.
>>
>>17354486
I just want to be happy and not have anxiety anymore.
>>
>>17354905
Are you literally me?
>>
>>17354486
I want to find a way to live, my friend. Not just exist. Family's all dead, my friends have their own problems. I just keeping drinking and drinking. I love beer, it's one of few things I find enjoyment in but it's getting out of hand, it's gotten to the point where I black out for hours on end and wake up with no recollection of what's happened.

I just want to enjoy other things again, and as much as I love alcohol, I have to stop for my own sake.
>>
Respected job i love to do, sexy good looking girlfriend and a dog. When i was kid i thougth those are regalr thinks to hapen, but now i am 25 and i think i am not gona make it.
>>
>>17354486
I want to be the kind of person I could respect.
>>
>>17354486
A job that pays enough to live comfortably.
>>
Worth it for her.

Just let me be with while, please.
>>
>>17354486
I want to be a bombshell, that needs rescuing by a man.
>>
>>17354486
I want the dream of leaving my country to turn into reality
>>
Money.
>>
I want to dedicate my life to a safer and happier world, one where people understand one another and everybody has their needs met.
>>
I want to form a romantic relationship with an attractive woman who will help me live a good life while I help her live a good life.
>>
To be remembered.
>>
>>17354486

Puzzles, power and partner.
>>
I'm a really innocent person, or at least I act like it. I want to be known as somewhat innocent still but be open to somebody about bondage.
>>
All I want is a solid group of real friends and to be able to actually feel like I'm living and not just surviving out of pure obligation.
>>
>>17354486
All I want is to be immortal.
>>
>>17355672
What if you're immortal in hell?
>>
>>17355687
Prolly not, I'm speaking purely in terms of this world/dimension/universe etc.
>>
>>17355694
Well what if humans die out and/or climactic changes and/or shitty space event and you're basically immortal in hell.
>>
>>17355697
Then I'll probably condition myself into believing that a false fantasy utopia I made in my head is real and basically live a false utopian life forever. Plus, if I literally had all the time in the fucking universe to plan things, I could probably invent something to contact alien life and get off the planet. Also it's really fucking hard to completely kill off humans, we're like cockroaches, we always tend to find a way. Look up the eruption of mount toba to see what I mean.
>>
>>17354486
I just want courage. I wish it came easy to me.
>>
>>17354486
To get educated, get a well-paying job and love her until the day I die.
>>
Honestly no idea.
I want something, next month is something else.
>>
i want to have a career that predominately involves helping people, i am thinking about working with troubled youths. I would also like a family. i dont really care about being rich, i would just like enough money to provide for my family.
>>
>>17354556
Do you really want to live forever?
>>
To feel like I have grown and enriched myself as a person, enriched the lives of the people dear to me and have neat memories to show for it.
>>
I want to become a detective, have a great wife and write the sickest mystery crime novels. Also what are some things I can do to prepare for police academy? I'm already pretty fit and I have a clean record. Is there anyway to take practice tests or get some insider knowledge of what I'll need to know?
>>
>>17354486
I want to know what I really want man.
>>
File: puukko pepe.jpg (123 KB, 353x357) Image search: [Google]
puukko pepe.jpg
123 KB, 353x357
>>17354486
I want to have a family and children of my own, an apartment in the city, and a summer cottage in the countryside, preferably close to the place where I have spent all of my summers as a child with my family, enough money so that I never have to worry about money, a job that I enjoy, and enough time for my hobbies.

Too bad I will probably not achieve any of the above.
Europe will be engulfed in violence and chaos and there is no security in the future.
Thus, I have to prepare for the coming chaos, so that I can aid my countrymen in expelling the treasonous cunts who are selling our country away, and kill all the foreigners and shitskins who do not belong in our ancestral lands.
>>
Be healthy, learn a new language, meet a nice girl and finally be at peace with my self
>>
I just want my husband to be alive again, that's all.
>>
To know the truth. Our purpose, the secrets of the universe, how this all came to be
>>
I wanna be a composer and have my works performed, gonna be studying music theory soon
>>
>>17354486
I just want to meet a girl that likes spending time with me, someone who I like participating in her hobbies and she likes to participate in mine.Raise a kid or two together. Don't need a big house or a ton of money, just a family I can call my own. Pretty normiecore but the truth
>>
I want to wake up every day thinking "Wow, today is going to be great."
>>
File: butter_up_the_booty.png (109 KB, 800x1044) Image search: [Google]
butter_up_the_booty.png
109 KB, 800x1044
>>17354486
>>17354702
>>I wish I knew.
Man can I relate. I have no idea what the fuck I want from my life/what to do with myself. I don't think I feel passionate enough about things. Just kinda float on by and distract myself with friends/gfs and work/school. [spoiler] speaking of gfs. I guess I could say I want my ex back. She's with someone else now though I hear. I want to be happy for her, but it's bittersweet. [/spoiler]
>>
>>17358925
Fuck me
>>
I want to be a father, and I want to be good at being a father.
>>
I wanna get my degree and get married to my boyfriend and have a cute wee baby and a chill job and lots of weed.
>>
A Reason to not wake up at 8 in the morning and lie there till it's 1 p.m.
My crush rejected me 1 year ago and I have to pretend at uni I'm fine.
>>
Happiness.
>>
I want happiness and success
>>
I just want her back...
>>
>>17354486
to put my demons to rest
>>
A good career and love.
>>
Trigger as many people as possible
>>
I want an Engineering degree
>>
For the thread to be saged
>>
I want a better perspective on life.
Everything I do I only see the negative side.
It's been pretty tough for me because I make it that way for me and I believe it is.
Honestly I want to be a drone. A mindless drone.
One that doesn't think too much or has to find a meaning to everything or one that isn't serious all the time. I just want to be a normal human being because everything I do isn't.
>>
>>17359562
Sorry for the shit grammar and punctuation. Atm I'm sleep deprived and hungry so that didn't help
>>
>>17359033
You smawt
You loyol
You gr8tfel
I appreshiute that
>>
to die peacefully and happily of old age.
>>
Bump. I like to read these.
>>
>>17354486
Love
>>
>>17354486
Oh, is Life having a sale or something?
I want sex, (requited)love and health
>>
>>17354494
This is the only correct answer.
>>
>>17354494
>not raping the women
>>
>>17354486
Death
>>
>>17359706
Scratch that, for everypne to forget I exist
>>
>>17354486
live a fun life and make people happy wherever i go
>>
At the moment, I want to be healthy, more than ever before.
>>
I want to sleep with Janet
>>
>>17359722
hospital?
>>
What do I want ?
A girl that apparently I can't have?
Niceeeeeeee
>>
I want happiness and love.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.