[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advices on how to ask for a raise, /adv/? I work at a cvs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 20160707_070741.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160707_070741.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
Any advices on how to ask for a raise, /adv/?

I work at a cvs warehouse in hawaii and I'm getting like 9.18/hr for back breaking work. First our receiving team only has two people, me and my supervisor, who doesn't do shit but criticize my work. I never got any appreciation from her ever since I started working here. Note that I transfered here from anowhere store that does the same job. Another thing is that before I started working here, they could somehow afford to have 2 supervisors. After one of them left I asked if I could go for the supervisor job. Wouldn't you know, I got denied. In my mind, I would think they'd eventually bump up my pay. But no. I need help man. My parents refuse to help with fafsa and I gotta pay for school out of pocket. I'm tempted to quit right now but I gotta try first. Any tips and tricks?

Pic related, just one of the many things I did in the warehouse
>>
File: 20160708_114722.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160708_114722.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
Bumping with my labor
>>
>>17354040
Who the fuck puts a warehouse in hawaii?

No wonder they can't afford to pay you shit, they have to fly in and out all goods.

If you thought semi's made a lot of money, try cargo pilots out.
>>
>>17354040
Your supervisor doesn't like your work and you have no way to demonstrate that you're being undervalued. Sounds like you need to find a new job since you're going to have one hell of a time getting a raise. Also, your story reeks of bias but that's not important right now.
>>
The typical CVS Health Warehouse salary is $14. Warehouse salaries at CVS Health can range from $9-$20.
>>
>>17354059
>you have no way to demonstrate that you're being undervalued.
if you had done a day's work in your life you'd see more than $10/hr of work in the pictures OP posed
>>
>>17354080
The amount of work done does not mean that it was done well. If you'd have worked a day in your life you'd know that too. Fuck off.
>>
>>17354040
The best way to see salary action is to switch jobs. Hate to say it but that's probably the only way you're going to get a pay increase at chains like that outside of yearly raises. I worked retail for about 8 years after high school and got a merit raise maybe 2 times.
>>
>>17354040
You work an unskilled labor job. Of course you don't make shit. They'd rather have a high rate of turnover than pay you more because a monkey could do your job and if you quit they'll find a suitable gorilla to replace you.

Get some skills if you want to be payed more.
>>
>>17354095
look at the pictures. to be worth only $9 and hour in fucking hawaii that shit would have to be all over the ground
>>
>>17354059
Sorry I typed this out of rage and frustration
>>
>>17354118
That picture doesn't tell us shit. Did his manager have to double or triple check his work? Did a coworker have to come in and help him? He has a shit job and is the low man on the totem pole. Shit rolls downhill and its clear that the people who will give him a raise don't want to for whatever reason.
>>
How long have you been working there? If you can measure it in months and not years you are unlikely to get a raise. Start looking for a new job first, when you ask for a raise it is somewhat implied that you might leave and that might be their cue to find another sap to be underpaid.

When you ask have something prepared:

-Why do you deserve a raise?
-What specific things have you done to deserve it?
-How much do you want?
>>
>>17354125
>First our receiving team only has two people, me and my supervisor
>>
>>17354128
... And? Would you like me to rephrase? Perhaps not only did his manager have to double check but maybe even help him.
>>
>>17354115
True but the average wage I've seen for a lot of warehouse jobs is more than 9 dollars.
>>
>>17354040
Kek I'm a work agency slave who do nothing all day in France and I'm still payed 9,6€/hour
Sometimes I show up 1 hour late and they don't tell the boss.
I always arrive 10min late.
They don't want to fire me and consider my work as usefull.
Good I love my country.
Enjoy your freedom america
>>
>>17354115
Obviously you've never worked in a warehouse before. It's more than just stacking shit
>>
>>17354158
Which island do you live on? How old are you, finally, do you still live with your parents?

Alll you need from them is tax documents, you could probably snoop around and find that shit. You don't need a signature from them or their permission.
>>
>>17354135
My supervisor is a fat bitch that does nothing but paper work all day. Like that has a lot to do with the state of the warehouse. I'm the only one doing all the manual labor. Plus I know how to do her job too. She's very negative about things while I'm always the one who remains positive and laugh at anything that comes into work.
>>
Just ask for a SUBSTANTIAL raise op, if they refuse, then leave. Youre clearly valuable to them. The fat cunt knows its going to be hard to find another person to keep a warehouse,clean and organized, it takes a certain kind of drive for that, amd not every applicant is going to have that AND they know that. Say either you get more money or you quit. I dont know what min. Wage in Hawaii is, but Im sure you can find something that pays more with less work involved if youbjust look. I guarantee it. You just have to look.

I did warehouse work for 6 years myself but thank God im almost out of school. Right now I have a comfy job at school paying 12/hr which is more than I ever got paid doing warehouse shit
>>
>>17354546
Thanks man. It's good to hear from another person in our line of work. Minimum wage in hawaii is now 8.50. Sad right.
>>
You could literally train a monkey to do your job.
>>
>>17354584
Yes. But you can't find one that's really good at it.
>>
>>17354773
But the value of a really good monkey vs an okay monkey is insignificant.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.