[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When everything goes south...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: skeletons-wallpaper-1.jpg (94 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
skeletons-wallpaper-1.jpg
94 KB, 1280x800
Hi /adv/. 25/m here.

Sooo. I pretty much fucked up my life and the realization just hit me.

About a year ago i got into a big fight with a couple of my friends. We stopped talking and hanging out. I only maintained contact with few of those. Fast forward a few weeks and the girl of one of those "Ex-friends" hits on me. Sure, i do not talk with that dude anyway and since i had some serious feelings about the girl i decide to go for it. She breaks up a few weeks later and for a month and something things were going smoothly. Then all hell broke loose.

She was having second thoughts mainly because the guy was pathetic and was practically begging her to come back. In the end she broke up with me after another month of rollercoaster feelings. A break up is tough no matter what but still it hit me badly. I cut all ties with her and went on with my life.

The thing is, i knew her and all those guys for about 3 years now and never really understood how much they gave me, how much they changed me and how much of a jackass i was. I tried to recall what i was doing with my life and what the hell i was before i met them and i realised they were the reason i matured as a person. This came as the finishing blow in a series of events that only now became clear to me.

I am 25yo, i work in a job that has no future prospects, i am still in the university and i simply roll along with no desire to get my degree. Relations with my family are completely broken and even though i have lots of friends, none of them feel close to me. It seriously feels like i am alone with no purpose, no achievements and not a single soul to trust them with how i feel. I feel like i am in a swamp with noway out.

TLDR: just read the last part.

So, what can i do to get out of this hellhole?

PS: English is not my mother tongue so kindly forgive any mistakes.
>>
>>17353850
I'm even worse. I live with my ex since we broke just a few months ago. The friends i had are her friends now and they cut me off (not that i care after all what happened). Basically sometimes she treat me like shit and i ignore. I have no job (but looking for one). And everyone i tell my story just tells me to kick her ass (which i don't want to do since i consider myself to be a good person, i feel bad for that and i still like her as a person).

What i've been trying to do is just move on with my things. I have no close relationship with my family as well, so i'm trying to do my thing. Get a job, struggle hard and get out of this hole everyone dig alongside me.

You don't really need much friends imo. Just follow your heart on things. Do what you love and think it's right. About it.
>>
>>17353875
Cont.

Imo things won't get better to us from day to night. We will have to work a lot in every aspect to get things fixed.
>>
For fucks sake anons this isn't THAT bad. You could have HIV or cancer, it just sounds like you're going through rough spots. Man the fuck up.
>>
>>17353882
I guess. I will just go back to do things i used to love. See how it goes from there.

>>17353888
I agree. The thing is i can't tell how people that have it worse than me feel. I only know how i feel at this particular moment and i feel like crap. "Manning up" is something that will come in due time. Just asked for tips to make it happen faster.
>>
weed helps. maybe finish college and worry about the next step after that. join a club or go to a concert. People are mostly disappointing anyways. Make a few friends, finish school. Learn to entertain yourself.
>>
>>17353894
Tips? Find the problem needing to be fixed- such as finishing your Uni degree, set a goal, consider the rewards, then focus solely on that.
Protip- you eventually hang out with your college friends less and less, especially after marriage.
>>
>>17353897

>>17353903

Sounds solid. And i feel so stupid for beeing blind to all these all this time.

Folks, thanks to you i pretty much have a plan ready in my head. Simply writing about it took a weight off of me and made me see a few things clearly. Thank you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.