[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm way too clingy. I don't know how to stop myself.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: orange.jpg (10 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
orange.jpg
10 KB, 233x216
I'm way too clingy.

I don't know how to stop myself. I chatter nearly constantly when bf is home, he says he doesn't mind, and comments on missing my chatter when I've been away, but still...it's sort of embarrassing. I expect a lot of attention from him, and I tend to talk very personally and seriously. He says the only thing that bothers him is when I am ranting in an upset way, because he feels like there's nothing he can do. He's usually pretty brutally honest, so even if this is all sugarcoated a bit and it's more like "I hate when you upset rant because it's a waste of my time and is stressful because you expect comfort rather than just an ear" that's fine.

Mostly I'm just embarrassed for myself. I have a lot of hobbies (I leave the apartment alone to do these more than he does), and we have some shared hobbies. I just feel like I'm way too needy but...I don't even know what to do about that, especially when he is happy to give me attention/conversation 90% of the time.
>>
>>17352867
So are you just bitching, or do you have a question?
>>
>>17352959

Does anyone have any advice for becoming less clingy/needy when there is no external enforcement not to be?
>>
>>17352969
yeah, don't.

He says he doesn't mind, why are you set on changing yourself?
>>
>>17352986

I don't like it as a quality. It's sort of weak and not a good habit then when I might be interacting with other people.
>>
its perfectly normal to be the clingy one. expressing feelings means theres an openess to the relationship that is always there. I love when i had an ex that was clingy to me, because silence means something is wrong or something is up. Dont be too clingy in public as everyone around you could be an asshole in disguise and comment snarkly about your public affection.

tldr; its ok, just tone it down a little in public.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.